The Department of Health and Human Services wants to hear from you today!

terato
terato Member Posts: 375
edited March 2014 in Emotional Support #1
If you have questions or concerns about what you may have heard concerning health insurance reform, this is your opportunity to find out and pose your own questions!

Love and Courage!

Rick

Webcast Today @ 1:00 PM EDT on HealthReform.Gov‏
From: U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services (subscriptions@hhs.gov)
Sent: Fri 8/07/09 11:30 AM

Dear Friend,

Across the country, the American people are looking at health insurance reform and asking a basic question: what’s in it for me?

You don’t have to look hard for answers.

Health insurance reform will bring down costs for millions of Americans and give them the affordable health coverage they need.

Reform will prohibit insurance companies from denying coverage or charging outrageous prices because they decide you have a pre-existing condition.

And reform will improve the quality of care and invest in prevention and wellness initiatives that will help all Americans live longer, healthier lives.

But I know that some Americans still have questions about how health insurance reform will impact their lives, questions we want to answer.

This afternoon, I’ll be joined by some of the top officials at the Department of Health and Human Services for a live webcast where we’ll answer these questions and discuss the many benefits of health insurance reform. You can watch the webcast live at www.HealthReform.gov.

We will take questions directly from the American people. Hundreds of you have already sent in questions, and there’s still time to submit more. Send your questions to hhsstudio@hhs.gov or via twitter by using the hashtag #HCRQ.

On our webcast, we’ll also be discussing a series of new state by state reports outlining how health insurance reform will improve health care for all Americans. The reports are posted on www.HealthReform.gov and we encourage you to read the reports and learn how health insurance reform will benefit you and your neighbors.

Today’s webcast begins at 1 PM EDT. We hope you’ll be able to participate in this important discussion.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Sebelius

Manage your HHS Subscriptions:

* Questions about this service? support@govdelivery.com
* Other inquiries? Contact HHS

GovDelivery, Inc. sending on behalf of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services · 200 Independence Avenue SW · Washington DC 20201 · 1-877-696-6775

Comments

• lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Ooooh! That's great! I hope a LOT of cancer survivors email.
    I'm sure many people with cancer are either strongly PRO or strongly CON, dependent on their age and prognosis. But I imagine ALL of us have a lot of questions; we have so much at stake here. I want health reform, and fear it at the same time. I desparately want to have other options for health insurance, and yet I am just as desparate not to have my health care rationed just because the statistical prognosis for my cancer is so bleak.

Thanks for posting this, buddy!
  • Ooooh! That's great! I hope a LOT of cancer survivors email.
    I'm sure many people with cancer are either strongly PRO or strongly CON, dependent on their age and prognosis. But I imagine ALL of us have a lot of questions; we have so much at stake here. I want health reform, and fear it at the same time. I desparately want to have other options for health insurance, and yet I am just as desparate not to have my health care rationed just because the statistical prognosis for my cancer is so bleak.

Thanks for posting this, buddy!

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • terato
    terato Member Posts: 375
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Well, tell your story, via that e-mail address!
    babs,

This is the time to tell your story and pose your questions to the people implementing policy! Don't knock something that hasn't yet been passed until you have information. Please address your questions and watch the web-cast to get the facts, not the fear-mongering. This is your moment! This is your time!

Love and Courage!

Rick