Options
2»

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    rjjj said:

MCRAIN
    first I would like to welcome you here. Believe me, you will find the best support from the most amazing sisters. I also was 111a with 6 pos. lymph nodes. I am still a little numb and have mild lymphademia. I hope they gave you exersises to do. You will need to keep your range of motion.
    Keep us posted on how you are doing,
    hugs, jackie

Just want to welcome you
    Just want to welcome you Mcrain to our site! It is a great site!

Hugs, Lex
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ellie1 said:

I also have been just diagnosed
    and my first appointment with the breast doctor is Aug. 13. I guess I am still numb. I wish I knew more about what to expect, and I wasn't so scared. I guess it is fear of the unknown or what the future may hold. I have been the primary care taker for so long, and now I feel so helpless. My husband is supportive, but he has his times when he loses it. In the past year my father passed away and my mother had a stroke-she is now in a nursing home. I thought it was now my turn to enjoy life, and THIS happened. And they say God never gives you more than you can handle. Like Hell. So I guess there is a lot of anger there too. I am counting the days until August 13. I just want to get this started.

Hi too you too Ellie and
    Hi too you too Ellie and welcome.

Good luck with your appt. on the 13th!

Keep us updated.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Ellie1 said:

and my first appointment with the breast doctor is Aug. 13. I guess I am still numb. I wish I knew more about what to expect, and I wasn't so scared. I guess it is fear of the unknown or what the future may hold. I have been the primary care taker for so long, and now I feel so helpless. My husband is supportive, but he has his times when he loses it. In the past year my father passed away and my mother had a stroke-she is now in a nursing home. I thought it was now my turn to enjoy life, and THIS happened. And they say God never gives you more than you can handle. Like Hell. So I guess there is a lot of anger there too. I am counting the days until August 13. I just want to get this started.

Hi and Welcome Ellie! I
    Hi and Welcome Ellie! I think all of us were numb when we first heard that we had bc. But, you just stay positive, do whatever you have to, to fight it, and stay strong.

We are here to support you!

Hugs,

Kylez
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Just want to welcome you
    Just want to welcome you Mcrain to our site! It is a great site!

Hugs, Lex

Welcome McRain and Ellie!
    I just wanTed to welcome you to the most caring group you will ever find,
    We'll do our best help you both to walk this journey to recovery.

Please come often and keep us updated on you progress!

Lots of Love and Prayers,

Aurora
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

Aurora

Mcrain and Ellie
    Mcrain and Ellie,
    Welcome to this awesome site which is filled with awesome women and men who help us through our journey. We are all at different stages of this fight and always here to give and information, hope or shoulder to cry on if you need that as well.

This site has been my support group--the local one I don't go to because others that I know in my area say it is a pity, crying meeting and I don't need that--I don't want to feel worse when I come out of a meeting so I choose to have these wonderful people as a support group. I can't see their faces per se but I know their hearts are true in what they say.

I can cry, vent , laugh, joke and give advice from my point of view but I always feel much better knowing these fantastic people.

You will come to love this group as much as I do.

Love and Hugs,
    Margo
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Ellie1 said:

Hi Ellie and Welcome. Good
    Hi Ellie and Welcome. Good luck on the 13th. Post and let us know.

♥Kylez♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    MCRAIN11 said:

Hang In There!
    I know it's tough I lost my mother 3 yrs ago to Parkinson's...long road of caregiving for that too. I know sometimes it seems like God just keeps on testing us to see just exactly how much we can handle. You just have to try to keep a positive attitude because I'm a firm believer that your attitude helps control the healing and coping process. Just don't bottle it up inside. Talking to friends and you guys is really helping me through. Oh by the way, my appt. yesterday got rescheduled to Monday(emergency surgery for my doc). My son (will 11 on the 16th) just started Middle School yesterday. Big milestone for him. Keep your head up and try to concentrate on the positive things in life. I'll say a special prayer for you.

Always keep a positive
    Always keep a positive attitude! That is half the battle!

Try to look forward to after all of the treatments are done

Keeping you in my prayers!

♣Susie♠
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Aurora

Welcome Ellie and McRain to
    Welcome Ellie and McRain to the site. Sorry for the reason that you are here, but, you will find so much support and encouragement here to help you thru your journey with bc.

Leeza
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Ellie1 said:

Ellie-here's something read
    about God not giving you more than you handle. I thought as you did, then I read this simple statement by another cancer survivor:
    They say God will never fill your cup too full. Well, I'm sure that's true, but I also think His cups must come with saucers, and sometimes He doesn't count what splashes over.
    ("There's No Place Like Hope, 122)

Be angry, but also realize that you have already begun this journey when you were given your diagnosis. You are already a survivor who has begun to fight. It doesn't seem fair, but like my mom always told me, "Life may not be fair, but it's good."

dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    jnl said:

Welcome Ellie and McRain to
    Welcome Ellie and McRain to the site. Sorry for the reason that you are here, but, you will find so much support and encouragement here to help you thru your journey with bc.

Leeza

Welcome McRain
    to the boards, but sorry for the reason. You'll find so much support here, I know because everyone was (is) here for me. This is one trip that you don't want to do alone, but with the boards you don't have to...

dmc
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

Ellie-here's something read
    about God not giving you more than you handle. I thought as you did, then I read this simple statement by another cancer survivor:
    They say God will never fill your cup too full. Well, I'm sure that's true, but I also think His cups must come with saucers, and sometimes He doesn't count what splashes over.
    ("There's No Place Like Hope, 122)

Be angry, but also realize that you have already begun this journey when you were given your diagnosis. You are already a survivor who has begun to fight. It doesn't seem fair, but like my mom always told me, "Life may not be fair, but it's good."

dmc

Welcome Ellie! Glad you
    Welcome Ellie! Glad you found us.

Hugs, ♥Lex
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Aurora

☺Welcome☺
    Just want to welcome Ellie and McRain to this site!

Sorry you are here becaue of bc, but, we are all here to support one another.

☺♥ Noel ♥☺
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi mcrain
    I had bilateral mastectomy and have numbness to the right side where 21 nodes were removed. Talk to your doctor about lymphedema prevention. A therapist can teach you massage and exercises to help keep that in check.

By the way you will love your port. Ask your doctor to order emla cream to put on it. YOu put a blob over the port and cover it with a bandaid about 1 hour prior to your chemo and it numbs it up for you.

Let us know how things are going

Hugs

Linda T

There is a post here about
    There is a post here about lymphedema, the website for it.