post neck disection/tonsilectomy

lyolan1
lyolan1 Member Posts: 95
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
Hello Everybody, I hope everyone is doing okay with this pain in the butt cancer. Man, it can wear you down. It has been a while since my last post. I was dagnosed in early July with the dreaded SCC in my throat. I too was angry, scared, anxious... all the dreary falable emotions. I was particularly, over anxious about the future and how I was going to support my family. Well, like it or not, I am not in the drivers seat on this one. I am forced to live life one day at a time, one appointment at a time, one treatment at a time. I get too screwed up when I think too far ahead. I am 2-weeks out of my neck dissection surgery and tonsilectomy. I was lucky, the primary source was confirmed to be in my tonsil and was encapsilated, meaning it was not in the blood vessels around the tonsil or the surrounding tissue, and no where else in my body. I have my stitches comming out tommorrow and my meeting wth the oncologists to discuss my possible treatment protocol. Since my diagnosis and surgery, I have been taking it easy and spending as much time as possible with my wife and kids. I refuse to think or worry about my future until I leave that meeting. I still have an incredible amount of denial. I feel like I'm fine, I feel like I never had cancer, it's really just a mistake. I wish. I had a good cry when I heard it, poor me, why me, not now... It was helpful to hear the encouraging words from this site. Words from people who fought it and beat it. Thanks. Hopefully, one day this disease is solved. Alex.