Oncologist called with plan

Options
2»

Comments

• lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options

Laura....
    you hit the nail right on the head. I am overwhelmed with it all today. Don't really want to lose my hair or my breast and I really don't want to have chemo. Although I am hopeful about it not being so bad after your experience. How is the nausea? I am so afraid of that part. Just a little sad but I am trying not to be because it is my fiance's birthday and I want it to be a happy day for him. He loves to play pool so a friend and him are going to do that this afternoon and then I am making him beef stroganoff (his favorite) for supper. Then we rented a couple of movies to watch. It will be a nice, quiet evening at home.

You take it easy and take care of you.
    Love and Light,
    Vicki

Im sorry
    You are feeling so down. I felt so ugly loosing my breast and dont want to lose my hair either. Im getting excited about the breast now though because i had tissue expanders put in at the time of my mastectomy and had my first fill last week and get another one next week. So, i actually have a little back. I look at it this way, im getting a new boob job! And they will be nice and perky too!! haha! Its hard to stay positive all the time i know. And also being sad stinks. I have definately had ups and downs all the time. My nausea hasnt been too bad yet. They gave me nausea meds and steroids as premeds before chemo and sent me home with nausea meds and steroids. Ive been drinking alot of water too and take the nausea meds weather i feel sick or not, thats what they told me to do. Im glad you are going to have a nice quiet evening at home with your fiance. Try to get that head up and smile. I know its tough. Im thinking of you and will pray.

laura
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best,
    Wishing you all the best, Vicki
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Laura....
    you hit the nail right on the head. I am overwhelmed with it all today. Don't really want to lose my hair or my breast and I really don't want to have chemo. Although I am hopeful about it not being so bad after your experience. How is the nausea? I am so afraid of that part. Just a little sad but I am trying not to be because it is my fiance's birthday and I want it to be a happy day for him. He loves to play pool so a friend and him are going to do that this afternoon and then I am making him beef stroganoff (his favorite) for supper. Then we rented a couple of movies to watch. It will be a nice, quiet evening at home.

You take it easy and take care of you.
    Love and Light,
    Vicki

Vicki, be sure and ask your
    Vicki, be sure and ask your oncologist for anti nausea meds and if you need nerve pills or somthing to help you sleep, ask for that too. Take care of yourself.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    lanie940 said:

Wishing you all the best,
    Wishing you all the best, Vicki

Best wishes Vicki
    Just wanted to add my wishes that all goes well for you too. Have a wonderful evening with your BF on his Birthday (Yea, another Leo!) and keep us posted. :(-) Pammy
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Hi Vicki,
    I was told that my

Hi Vicki,

I was told that my cancer was extremely aggressive and advanced. They put me on the every three week plan. My onc. explained that with the heavy duty drugs is was getting, I would need that time for my body to adjust and get ready for the next one. I'm sure they will tell you more when they discuss the plan with you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    djteach said:

Hi Vicki,
    I was told that my

Hi Vicki,

I was told that my cancer was extremely aggressive and advanced. They put me on the every three week plan. My onc. explained that with the heavy duty drugs is was getting, I would need that time for my body to adjust and get ready for the next one. I'm sure they will tell you more when they discuss the plan with you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

How did the party go Vicki?
    How did the party go Vicki? I hope you two had a great night!

Diane
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Options
    DianeBC said:

How did the party go Vicki?
    How did the party go Vicki? I hope you two had a great night!

Diane

Diane...
    The party was great, thanks for asking! I was so worried that the fact that we just found out I have cancer would overshadow the day but it didn't. We had a real good time and the beef stroganoff that I made turned out so good. It's his favorite!!!

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Diane...
    The party was great, thanks for asking! I was so worried that the fact that we just found out I have cancer would overshadow the day but it didn't. We had a real good time and the beef stroganoff that I made turned out so good. It's his favorite!!!

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Glad to hear the party went
    Glad to hear the party went good Vicki! You ought to post your beef stroganoff recipe on the recipe thread that is going here. Have a good weekend!

Lex
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Diane...

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Hi Vicki! I bet your
    Hi Vicki! I bet your stroganoff was delicious! Glad you had a good time!