lotions for skin burns

Options
2»

Comments

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Silver Creams

My Oncologist warned me NOT to use Silver-based creams, due to radiation "scatter" risks.

It appears to be effective for use, but I would recommend talking about this with your Radation Oncologist!

mg

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Only Aquaphor

My Rad Dr. advised to only use Aquaphor. In fact, they had a reed basket filled with them just for us to take if we needed any. And yep, I sure did need them. Oily, one might say, but did help a lot.

• ricksmithgolfer
    ricksmithgolfer Member Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    USE THESE 3 ITEMS

I got this info from another cancer warrior on this site that told me they had no burns at all. I used it for my 35 rads to my neck area and had no issues at all. I actually have had a nice light tan color to the skin. Not even any redness or soreness. I purchased all these items at my local Walmart store. The items are Calendula Oil, 99% Aloe Vera Gel and Coconut Oil. I would rub them on my neck before going to bed at night. I highly suggest you consider this - it worked great and my Radiation Oncologist was very impressed with how well these items worked.

• Suez39
    Suez39 Member Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    All Good Suggestions

I too used Aquaphor, and Neosporin. Worked great, no problems. His rad team might give yhim samples to try. They did for me.

• MST
    MST Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2020 #26
    Options
    I used aquaphor, aloe vera

I used aquaphor, aloe vera from the plant, coconut oil, shea butter, and hydrogel wound sheets which my Rad nurse gave me. The hydogel worked great in pulling the heat from the skin. My skin recovered quickly, looking normal 4 weeks post rads.

• SuzJ
    SuzJ Member Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Aloe Vera was wonderful, so

Aloe Vera was wonderful, so calming and soothing