Options
2»

Comments

• pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Aloe?
    Not having had chemo, I have no idea if this is a stupid suggestion or not. Would an aloe plant help? If you break off a small piece, the juice inside is so good for burns, itches, etc. Just hoping maybe it might help you.

*hugs*
    Gail

Aloe
    I tried this in the beggining when erbatux gave me a very bad acne rash that turned hot adn stingy. the aloe unfortuntely didn't help, just felt sticky. I ended up going to a Dermatologist that prescribed various ointments- one of them I'll get the name later, worked well. I had scabs on my face and eyelids. I was on an antibitoiv, minocly-something. that made me extra sun senetive and I always wear a big hat. I ahd exposure for maybe 15 mins one day with no hat, and we think that's why my rash got worse.

I'm on cycle 9 and my rashes have abated considerably. i HAVE TO BE VIGILANT ABOUT SUN.

I do have very very dry skin, rash on my back and some on my privates.

See if you can go to a dermatologist. I resrted to bags of ice on my skin at night and a hand-held fan!

Peggy
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    Options
    lisa42 said:

I know what it's like!
    Hi Eric,

Boy, do I know what you're going through! I went through it myself and the nurses in my oncology office told me I had the worst Erbitux rash they had ever seen. What an honor! Haha
    I took it in Augst-Oct of '08. It wasn't until Nov. '08 that it became standard to test for the kras mutation before giving anyone erbitux. Well, I got tested about then and discovered I DID have the mutation and me getting the rash was for nothing- it would't work on me.
    Anyhow, before I knew about having the mutation and before I went off it, I was put on both a topical and an oral antibiotic. The topical creams helped at first, but I have sensitive skin so I had to stop using them because it just made my skin sore and so I went off it. I did also take the oral antibiotic minocycline and that really helped a lot.
    If you're not taking minocycline or an equivalent oral antibiotic, I'd definitely ask your doctor or nurses about it. Have you tried Head and Shoulders shampoo as an ointment rub on your scalp and face? I never used it myself, but heard many people recommend it for relief.

Best wishes to you Spot! :)

Lisa

( : . )
    I love what it does for me but I hate what it does to me
  • krystle singer
    krystle singer Member Posts: 108
    Options
    eric38 said:

Thanks for the
    Thanks for the support.

Wendy - Maybe I can use the eyelashes for my own benefit. They`ll see the rash, I`ll tell them my sob story and bat my eyelashes. The donations and free stuff will start rolling in.

Eric } : . }

Eyelash batting
    I don't currently have a rash of rashes, but when I did it wasn't my eyelashes I wanted to bat. Maybe a Wii game would relieve the irritation for a while. I agree with the other girls, you look terrific. The red spots just give you character! Why grow hair when you can have a more interesting texture up there?

Take care and keep that sense of humor!

Sandi