Getting to know you...

Sherry_Ranuio
Sherry_Ranuio Member Posts: 28
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello everyone! My name is Sherry and I'm new on here. I joined yesterday, browsed through some of the discussion topics, made a few replies, navigated through some of the other members pages and now think I have a pretty good feel for the place! I was diagnosed with stage 4 Inflamatory Breast Cancer (IBC) on July 15, 2008. By the time they found it, it had already metastasized into all my lymph nodes and skeleton. I didn't need any surgery or radiation. I was on Taxol and Avastin for about 6 months. I get Zometa for my bones every 6 weeks. I then went onto a maintenance program of just Avastin every 3 weeks and was taking Tamoxifen daily. I went to my onc's office last Thur. for my regular treatment and was surprised to go back into see my doctor. I usually see him every 6 weeks and I had just seen him 3 weeks prior! Well, come to find out my tumor marker numbers are creeping back up and so I now am being taken off of the Avastin and the Tamoxifen. I will be starting Abraxane soon. They need to call me back as to when I'll be starting and how often. So now I'm getting ready for all of those fun side effects again. Oh yay! So, that's a little bit about me. I look forward to conversing with everyone here! I love my family and my friends, but sometimes it's nice just to be able to talk with people who are going through the same thing I am. There's definately a better understanding here! I'm so glad I joined!

Best wishes!
Sherry
«1

Comments

  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Welcome Sherry!!
    What a

    Welcome Sherry!!

    What a beautiful smile you have...

    I agree...there is great comfort just talking with people who 'get' it...

    Jojo
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Kindred
    Welcome Sherry!
    It's wonderful to have you amongst us. As, you've probably already found in your navigation and exploration, these boards are filled with amazing survivors, inspiration, laughter, hope, faith and "been there, done that" wisdom!

    I'm so glad you've found your way here.
    KC
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Welcome Sherry !
    I agree,what a beautiful picture!
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Welcome Sherry!
    I'm very glad that you found us, although sorry that you have been dx'd with the beast.

    Big hugs,

    CR
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Welcome Sherry....
    You sound as if you have a positive attitude and that will go a long way in fighting this beast. You've probably figured out that we work through all emotions here and are always willing to stand beside you in your journey (even though it is through cyberspace). I love your picture!! Come here as often and for any reason you like. There is usually someone on here 24/7 to connect with. Look forward to you being with us as well. (:-) Pammy
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Akiss4me said:

    Welcome Sherry....
    You sound as if you have a positive attitude and that will go a long way in fighting this beast. You've probably figured out that we work through all emotions here and are always willing to stand beside you in your journey (even though it is through cyberspace). I love your picture!! Come here as often and for any reason you like. There is usually someone on here 24/7 to connect with. Look forward to you being with us as well. (:-) Pammy

    welcome
    Im sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but know that you have joined an awesome place. Everyone on the board has been wonderful and can always bring a smile to your face when you really need it. I agree that it is very helpful to be able to talk and share with others that know what you are going through. It has helped me tremendously. Good luck to you and welcome again.

    laura
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    lolad said:

    welcome
    Im sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but know that you have joined an awesome place. Everyone on the board has been wonderful and can always bring a smile to your face when you really need it. I agree that it is very helpful to be able to talk and share with others that know what you are going through. It has helped me tremendously. Good luck to you and welcome again.

    laura

    Welcome
    Nice to have you on board. What a beautiful Photo! I'll have to upgrade mine...LOL
    Welcome again. Hugs Jxxxxxxxx
  • Kayla1
    Kayla1 Member Posts: 101
    tasha_111 said:

    Welcome
    Nice to have you on board. What a beautiful Photo! I'll have to upgrade mine...LOL
    Welcome again. Hugs Jxxxxxxxx

    A warm welcome Sherry to the
    A warm welcome Sherry to the best place in town for love, laughter, tears, prayers, and a whole lot of hugs!!!
    K
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Kayla1 said:

    A warm welcome Sherry to the
    A warm welcome Sherry to the best place in town for love, laughter, tears, prayers, and a whole lot of hugs!!!
    K

    Welcome
    Hello and welcome to this board.

    Hugs,
    Margo
  • traceyt
    traceyt Member Posts: 77
    Welcome
    Sherry
    Welcome, you will surely find comfort here as so many of us do!
    (( hugs)) to you
    Tracey
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Hello, Sherry
    and welcome. I am NOT glad you are here, and I am glad that you found this place. We are here for you with prayers and love. xoxoxo Lynn
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Sherry.. just wanated to
    Sherry.. just wanated to welcome you... it is unfortunate that you needed to locate us...but glad you found us... we are all here to support, and encourage eachother...

    Hugs,

    ~T
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Welcome Sherry! I'm sorry
    Welcome Sherry! I'm sorry you have to go through all the fun stuff again, but we are here to help and support you in any way we can. Glad you found us. Hugs, Lili
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Hello again!
    Sherry,
    I want to thank you again for posting on my plea for good thoughts over the weekend, and explaining a bit about your dx. From this posting, I can see just how brave and determined a fighter you are; and a beautiful one at that! We agree that having family and friend support is paramount and so very helpful in our day to day lives~ but this place is something quite special in another way. We can say things or express feelings, or even be the Queen of The Pity Party ( a crown which we don't get to keep for long; we get it out of our system, and/or someone else who needs it snatches it right off of our sometimes bald heads!)and we rarely need to explain or tip-toe so as not to frighten those around us!
    We really do "get it", and while we don't like that we do, and don't like that anyone else does either, as long as we do, we have this place! So, welcome to the asylum!

    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Welcome
    Sherry , so glad that you found us. Unfortunetly, it had to be because of you dx. You found a wonderful site to be on. There is alot of love and support here. You have a beautiful picture and your smile looks as bright as your positive attitude. Lots of Hugs,, Diane :)
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Just want to welcome you
    Just want to welcome you Sherry! Beautiful picture!

    Hugs, Susie
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    chenheart said:

    Hello again!
    Sherry,
    I want to thank you again for posting on my plea for good thoughts over the weekend, and explaining a bit about your dx. From this posting, I can see just how brave and determined a fighter you are; and a beautiful one at that! We agree that having family and friend support is paramount and so very helpful in our day to day lives~ but this place is something quite special in another way. We can say things or express feelings, or even be the Queen of The Pity Party ( a crown which we don't get to keep for long; we get it out of our system, and/or someone else who needs it snatches it right off of our sometimes bald heads!)and we rarely need to explain or tip-toe so as not to frighten those around us!
    We really do "get it", and while we don't like that we do, and don't like that anyone else does either, as long as we do, we have this place! So, welcome to the asylum!

    Hugs,
    Claudia

    Sherry and Claudia
    I saw on the other thread how Sherry jumped right in to help Claudia, before even introducing herself first. Just shows what a kindred spirit you are already Sherry. And what an asset you will be to all of us here. I am looking forward to getting to know you. And BTW your picture is very beautiful.

    Claudia, I loved your description of us and found myself laughing out loud .. but very truthful. I am still keeping you in my prayers, and am getting ready to celebrate good news with you on Tues.

    Hugs, jackie
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Just wanted to say hello and
    Just wanted to say hello and welcome, I'm the one person who dissapears and comes back when you least expect it.
    Patty
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    ninjamom said:

    Just wanted to say hello and
    Just wanted to say hello and welcome, I'm the one person who dissapears and comes back when you least expect it.
    Patty

    hey Patty~ did that email
    hey Patty~ did that email address I sent you yield any good results????

    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Hi and Welcome Sherry!

    Hi and Welcome Sherry!