Day 9 of Pammy's Rads

Options
Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
TGIF!! I actually had a few minutes to sit down today and low & behold there was another woman in the waiting room. She was buried behind a newspaper and all I could see was her hat sticking out over the top. I sat there admiring her hat. It was rather stylish and wide brimmed and I would have like to had one like it for sunny days (got really burnt yesterday standing outside talking to my neighbor for about one hour. Ouch, shoulders really hurt!). Darn again!! Just as I was about to say "excuse me" to complement her hat, they called me in.
Not regular tech today. Positioning took a bit longer to achieve. Machine seem to move a tad slower today. They did say, however, since I had been such a good patient that I could take a couple days off. Ha,ha.....it's the weekend. So I hurried out of there with the idea that I would approach the woman in the waiting room and at least aknowlege her.
Go figure.....gone!! Probably was in the process of her own zapping!! Sigh, somehow I get the feeling that I could possibly be the first person to have 36 chances in 36 days to meet someone and it won't happen!!! On the bright side, everything with Rads seems to be without incident....so far!! (:-) Pammy

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    It has nothing to do with
    It has nothing to do with you being such a good patient, though I am sure you are! Didn't they tell you that cancer doesn't grow on weekends?! That, and the fact that just maybe those rads turn our bodies into human microwave ovens, and things keep cooking even after we take them out....

Have a great weekend~ and did I read you are having an MRI tomorrow?? On A Saturday? How come, Chen asks, though it's none of her business!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    chenheart said:

It has nothing to do with
    It has nothing to do with you being such a good patient, though I am sure you are! Didn't they tell you that cancer doesn't grow on weekends?! That, and the fact that just maybe those rads turn our bodies into human microwave ovens, and things keep cooking even after we take them out....

Have a great weekend~ and did I read you are having an MRI tomorrow?? On A Saturday? How come, Chen asks, though it's none of her business!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Yes, MRI on a Saturday!!
    Claudia, you can ask me anything. I am not shy about answering and I would never think it wasn't your business! I love to share my experiences, hoping thay can at least help one other person. Plus talking about them benefit me as well as a form of relief!!
    Around here, they do test 24/7 to accomondate the working people. Guess they didn't realize I was on leave. If you remember, my cancer was found accidently when I had an MRI done on my arm. Woke up one morning thinking I broke it in my sleep!! I kept insisting the pain was in my humorus. A radiologist saw an ovoid area in my breast during the MRI that sent up red flags.
    Well, my arm got put on hold temprarily to address my BC first. Now that I am having treatment, Both PCP and Rad Onc have decided to get my original problem addressed (its been since March 1st!). They believe that the nuropathy in my arm is from slipped disc in my neck that are pressing on the nerve that runs along the humorus. At least that is what we are hoping for and not a tumor in that area that the PET scan missed. There was a nodule the PET scan picked up on my thyroid? Could be the problem too. So many possiblities.
    Once again we will be waiting for answers. I will just be happy to possibly get full use of my arm back. It causes me a good bit of hinderance in my everyday living. Then next week I see GYN to discuss removal of my ovaries. Its all a matter of timing. Trying to combine as much treatment as possible, as soon as possible, to get on with life as quick as possible.
    Thanks for asking!! Didn't mean to post such a long answer. I feel like I have too many irons in the fire. I even just noticed the gray hair on my chimp......you don't think she is getting too stressed, do you? Hugs back (:-) Pammy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Yes, MRI on a Saturday!!
    Claudia, you can ask me anything. I am not shy about answering and I would never think it wasn't your business! I love to share my experiences, hoping thay can at least help one other person. Plus talking about them benefit me as well as a form of relief!!
    Around here, they do test 24/7 to accomondate the working people. Guess they didn't realize I was on leave. If you remember, my cancer was found accidently when I had an MRI done on my arm. Woke up one morning thinking I broke it in my sleep!! I kept insisting the pain was in my humorus. A radiologist saw an ovoid area in my breast during the MRI that sent up red flags.
    Well, my arm got put on hold temprarily to address my BC first. Now that I am having treatment, Both PCP and Rad Onc have decided to get my original problem addressed (its been since March 1st!). They believe that the nuropathy in my arm is from slipped disc in my neck that are pressing on the nerve that runs along the humorus. At least that is what we are hoping for and not a tumor in that area that the PET scan missed. There was a nodule the PET scan picked up on my thyroid? Could be the problem too. So many possiblities.
    Once again we will be waiting for answers. I will just be happy to possibly get full use of my arm back. It causes me a good bit of hinderance in my everyday living. Then next week I see GYN to discuss removal of my ovaries. Its all a matter of timing. Trying to combine as much treatment as possible, as soon as possible, to get on with life as quick as possible.
    Thanks for asking!! Didn't mean to post such a long answer. I feel like I have too many irons in the fire. I even just noticed the gray hair on my chimp......you don't think she is getting too stressed, do you? Hugs back (:-) Pammy

Actually I wasn't going to
    Actually I wasn't going to say anything about the grey hair, but unless it's a hat, your right ear is getting awfully red and burned from those rads~ be careful!

You certainly do have many irons in the fire, don't you? ((((HUGS)))) But looking on the bright side, isn't it amazing that we live in a time/place with so many innovative machines and treatment plans available to us? Not too long ago, your arm would probably have gone untreated, and then...your BC would have done undetected and well...yikes!
    So as much as we have to undergo, we can still be thankful, can't we???

Best of all things to you, sweet Pammy!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Yes, MRI on a Saturday!!

Well, all I have to say, is
    Well, all I have to say, is how can they think that there is anything humorous about any of this. These doctors just don't get it. It should be unhumorous if you ask me. It's like the funny bone and what is funny about that weird pain when you hit it. Yeah, I'm laughing, not. LOL
    Seriously I hope that they find something easy to fix without any complications. And perhaps actually humorous.
    Yes, you are a little grey in the beard. Perhaps a little Grecian Formula for my ladies chin hairs. Or a closer shave.
    Sincerely I hope all goes well with test and the results.
    Stef
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Yes, MRI on a Saturday!!

Hang in there Miss Pammy and
    Hang in there Miss Pammy and know I am thinking about you! You definately have many irons in the fire, but I know in the end everything is going to be, not just fine, but great....

Hugs

~T