Is SWEATING a symptom??

Options
marc24
marc24 Member Posts: 92
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I find this odd since I couldnt find anything online myself...so is it one of the symptoms of liver mets?

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Sweating
    I've had it as a result of chemo Marc. As whether it's a symptom of liver mets is had to say. Sweating could be a sign of anything for being hot to being nervous to a drug interaction to nothing at all...
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Options
    sweating
    I had MAJOR sweating while using oxycodone
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Don't know
    I've had night sweating on some nights and then not on others - don't know what it means...been more at night than I can remember. But when it happens, I can sweat the pillow on both sides like a sponge.

It did happen to me almost nightly when I was in the hospitals after surgery and on pain medication. I figure it was the body's reaction to the surgery.

I have not had surgery recently and have been chemo over 6 months and still get nights like that.

Your question is more to daytime sweating it sounds like, so my answer is probably irrelevant to your post.
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Well, I've had night sweats
    Well, I've had night sweats for YEARS! I'm like Craig, I can soak right through my night clothes and pillows, so I don't think it's a sign of liver mets. As a matter of fact, I had a terrible night sweat a few days ago and my PET/CT scan showed a clean liver. Now my lung is the issue...but definitely not the liver. And for the record, I'm not at the 'change of life' age yet either. Because that is a symptom of that also!

-Sheri
  • marc24
    Options
    i c
    Yeah i just saw somewhere that the liver is also involved in body heat regulation, and my mom has liver mets so i figure that one of the symptoms of someone with liver mets..its just weird to see on a not so hot day, she sees like she is always hot. She's like 65% of herself right now, somewhat weak and thinner, i think she lost like 15 lbs, from 118 to just around 103lbs or less...i hope she gets better..
  • elizabethgd
    elizabethgd Member Posts: 145
    Options
    marc24 said:

i c
    Yeah i just saw somewhere that the liver is also involved in body heat regulation, and my mom has liver mets so i figure that one of the symptoms of someone with liver mets..its just weird to see on a not so hot day, she sees like she is always hot. She's like 65% of herself right now, somewhat weak and thinner, i think she lost like 15 lbs, from 118 to just around 103lbs or less...i hope she gets better..

Hoping for your mom too
    Just wanted to say that I am pulling for her too. I weigh 101. I was about the same weight as your mom (117). I am a mom too. My daughter is helping me..We moms are lucky to have our kids help us out..Hope all goes well
    Elizabeth
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

Hoping for your mom too
    Just wanted to say that I am pulling for her too. I weigh 101. I was about the same weight as your mom (117). I am a mom too. My daughter is helping me..We moms are lucky to have our kids help us out..Hope all goes well
    Elizabeth

Gee.....
    ....Tell them women to eat a pint of Haagen-Daz ice cream ar night, and some Ensure in the morning...that put weight on me real quick! lol

Ice Cream will do it everytime :)

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • marc24
    Options

Hoping for your mom too
    Elizabeth

thanks...and its the other way around
    we are lucky to have moms like you since honestly, my mom really never complains about what she is dealing with and asked the reason "why me"...so she is a trooper...its really hard for me to complain about little things now since i know my mom can deal with it wit ease...but yeah my mom is like 103-105lbs now, i feel like she gained like 2 lbs...and im just hoping her next visit to the onco on monday provides another solution to her liver mets since the 5 chemo seemed to work on her colorectal, but now they are trying to get something to help her liver mets symptms...thanks!
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat at al any more
    My hair stopped growing under my arms, I no longer sweat at all. I am usually cold. I lost a lot of weight - from 140 to 97 lbs, now at 104 lbs. Maybe that's why i'm cold.
    Plus the cancer center, chemo rooms are always freezing. I wear 2-3 blankets while getting infused.
  • shoppergal
    shoppergal Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Sweating
    Ever since chemo, which is a year ago, I find that I'm always hot. Before all this I never seemed to sweat at all and now it just drips from me, and I didn't have mets to my liver. While on chemo I was always hot and had horrendous hot flashes but even since I've finished, I notice that I'm still hot and sweat like I never did before. Thank goodness i don't have the hot flashes anymore, but my body temperature is definitely different. Well at least I don't find winters in NY as cold as I used to. LOL
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Sweating it out....
    Hey Marc. Since chemo I have run rivers every day, and it's 2.5 yrs since I stopped treatment. Well, maybe menopause has something to do with that, too, but most folks I have talked to say their internal thermostats went on high due to chemo.
    Kirsten