UPDATE

fuzzytrouble
fuzzytrouble Member Posts: 212
edited March 2014 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1
Hello to you all again and to new members. I have been reading but not writing and watching how all of you are doing. I just wanted to be away from it all for awhile and wanted to focus on going to Boston to be with our daughter when she delivered our grand baby. Well I did it and it's a girl and she is just the sweetest baby ever. I am of course bias on this subject. lol
I also just had another ct scan and got my results yesterday, I am happy to announce that for someone who had mets to the lungs that there was no change since my last ct scan. My doc was so happy and so where we. Dancing still.....
Deanna I was on the edge of my computer chair waiting for your results, so happy for you.
So how is everyone's hair coming in? Mine is quite wavy and I can't do a thing with it. lol
It sticks out everywhere but I just love it, same color as it was before, black and white.
I was never so happy to get my unruly eyebrows back too, and to have eyelashes again is so nice.
I do have neuropathy in both my feet and toes, not as bad but still there it's hard to walk for a long time. Anyone else with this problem?
Well I am happy camper, no that's Linda she's the one on vacation. lol

Sharon

Comments

• Gunhild
    Gunhild Member Posts: 36
    Nothing better than a new baby
    Congratulations on your new grandchild. I can't think of any greater joy that a new baby.

Congratulations also on the results of your tests. Nice to hear someone has had good news.

My hair is still falling out so I have no idea what it will be like when it comes back. I would like to have it shaved off but my DH says just let nature take its course. Of course, he doesn't have to clean it up. I have very fine, thin hair - where is all of it coming from?
  • shortmarge
    shortmarge Member Posts: 291
    Gunhild said:

Congratulations on your new grandchild. I can't think of any greater joy that a new baby.

Congratulations also on the results of your tests. Nice to hear someone has had good news.

My hair is still falling out so I have no idea what it will be like when it comes back. I would like to have it shaved off but my DH says just let nature take its course. Of course, he doesn't have to clean it up. I have very fine, thin hair - where is all of it coming from?

Sharon
    So happy you are doing well. My hair too is black and white and very much out of control, but like you I love it!

Congratulations on your granddaughter, how exciting! My granddaughter is going to arrive on Sept. 28th or 29th. Just waiting for the doctors office to let us know which day they are going to do the C-section. I just can't wait. I have been refinishing a cradle my grandfather had made for my son and my toy box my father made for me.

MIND, BODY AND SOUL!

Hugs.
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Congratulations Sharon
    So happy to hear your great news about your beautiful granddaughter. I have been thinking about you and hoping all was well. Glad you had a good trip. I am so very happy about your CAT scan results too. Continue to dance on. Glad your hair is coming back so nicely. Mine was coming back wavy before I had my 4th chemo, so I look forward to it coming back again. Sorry about your neuropathy. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on. I think Marge's neuropathy has gotten some better. Enjoy the rest of your summer and celebrate all the good things. In peace and caring. HUGS to you.
  • deanna14
    deanna14 Member Posts: 732
    Hi Sharon!
    It is so nice to hear from you! Congratulations on your scan results, that is just awesome.
    Going away and leaving all this cancer business for a while is amazing. We took the Florida trip to get away from it. Seems I am handling much better now! Oh and especially congratulations on the new baby. They are just so precious. My hair is starting to stick up everywhere and I am letting it with a smile on my face! My niece and I did dye it was a very light brown, maybe even blonde with a LOT of grey. Now it is a dark auburn! I was so worried it was going to color my scalp and you can still see it in places. It didn't though. I am happy to hear that I am not the only one with unruly eyebrows. They are coming in every which direction and some even want to stick straight out. LOL. For a while I did not try to shape that because it seemed to wrong to pull out hair that I had been praying for to come back in?! Praying for the eyelashes to take a growth spurt any day.
    Anywho... it's so good to hear that things are well with you.
    Love, hugs and prayers,
    Deanna
  • fuzzytrouble

Sharon
    So happy you are doing well. My hair too is black and white and very much out of control, but like you I love it!

Congratulations on your granddaughter, how exciting! My granddaughter is going to arrive on Sept. 28th or 29th. Just waiting for the doctors office to let us know which day they are going to do the C-section. I just can't wait. I have been refinishing a cradle my grandfather had made for my son and my toy box my father made for me.

MIND, BODY AND SOUL!

Hugs.

birth date
    Hey my birthday is Sept. 28th good date don't you think? lol Congrat's on your grand baby to be. I hope the cradle comes out great.
    Yeah my hair just gets thicker and it doesn't seem like it's growing but i know it is.

HooRah
  • fuzzytrouble
    Ro10 said:

Congratulations Sharon
    So happy to hear your great news about your beautiful granddaughter. I have been thinking about you and hoping all was well. Glad you had a good trip. I am so very happy about your CAT scan results too. Continue to dance on. Glad your hair is coming back so nicely. Mine was coming back wavy before I had my 4th chemo, so I look forward to it coming back again. Sorry about your neuropathy. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on. I think Marge's neuropathy has gotten some better. Enjoy the rest of your summer and celebrate all the good things. In peace and caring. HUGS to you.

thank you
    I feel great and deal with the feet because it keeps me wanting to get better everyday and I think it is not as bad as it was a month ago.
    I like your picture and I am trying to change mine and show off my hair.

Lots of hugs to you too.
  • fuzzytrouble
    deanna14 said:

Hi Sharon!
    It is so nice to hear from you! Congratulations on your scan results, that is just awesome.
    Going away and leaving all this cancer business for a while is amazing. We took the Florida trip to get away from it. Seems I am handling much better now! Oh and especially congratulations on the new baby. They are just so precious. My hair is starting to stick up everywhere and I am letting it with a smile on my face! My niece and I did dye it was a very light brown, maybe even blonde with a LOT of grey. Now it is a dark auburn! I was so worried it was going to color my scalp and you can still see it in places. It didn't though. I am happy to hear that I am not the only one with unruly eyebrows. They are coming in every which direction and some even want to stick straight out. LOL. For a while I did not try to shape that because it seemed to wrong to pull out hair that I had been praying for to come back in?! Praying for the eyelashes to take a growth spurt any day.
    Anywho... it's so good to hear that things are well with you.
    Love, hugs and prayers,
    Deanna

eyebrows
    Mine are the same way but I just had to pluck them they just looked terrible. lol Are yours thick too? Yes, going away did the world of good for me because I wasn't even nervous about the scan, I just said what will be will be. I am a lot calmer now, I guess having cancer twice will do that. lol
    Well we are roasting here in Oregon and I want my rain back. lol
    I hope you and your family are doing well, and you are having a better summer.

hugs to you and happy vibes from me
  • fuzzytrouble
    Gunhild said:

thank you
    Thank you for the congrat's on both issues. I couldn't stand my hair falling out so I just went in the bathroom and buzzed cut it myself. It was the hardest thing for me, but I lived with it. When did you start your treatment and what are you getting?
    A huge hug for you knowing how you feel.

Sharon
  • deanna14
    deanna14 Member Posts: 732

eyebrows
    Mine are the same way but I just had to pluck them they just looked terrible. lol Are yours thick too? Yes, going away did the world of good for me because I wasn't even nervous about the scan, I just said what will be will be. I am a lot calmer now, I guess having cancer twice will do that. lol
    Well we are roasting here in Oregon and I want my rain back. lol
    I hope you and your family are doing well, and you are having a better summer.

hugs to you and happy vibes from me

I like the new pic!
    You are on your way in the hair department. It looks pretty dark in the picture. Mine had so much grey that I colored it. I am just glad it is growing in. My eyebrows are not as thick as they used to be and stick out in all different directions. I tried plucking them, but didn't know what to do with them, so I quit. I am using eyebrow pencil to make them look more manageable. Eventually, I will start having my hair dresser try to get them in some sort of shape. Glad you are doing well. talk to you soon.
    Love and hugs,
    Deanna

Oh and Major congrats on the little bundle! Aren't they precious?