calling Woodsygal

tjhay
tjhay Member Posts: 655
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We need you to check in as per your last post you were on your way to the Er please check in
tjhay

Comments

• tjhay
    still calling out to Woodsygal
    How are you? Whats going on? Your sisters in pink are waiting to hear
    tjhay
  • woodsygal
    woodsygal Member Posts: 64
    tjhay said:

still calling out to Woodsygal
    How are you? Whats going on? Your sisters in pink are waiting to hear
    tjhay

Calling back .....
    Hi tjhay and all the other sweets,

I wasn't able to have my port put in yesterday due to the infection. I was upset, but, I have the sweetest surgeon ever. I want to get things done right away....but, he says no hurry!! You have the day off, have fun!!!

I went in to see him this morning(check up), he said "looking super". I am feeling awesome!!! So all is on again for next Thurs. I am accumulating a few "slipper sox" from the hospital!!
    Went out with Mom yesterday for breakfast and wig shopping. I have got the coolest wig, looks like my hair now, and ordered another longer(Kirstie Alley) kind. I tried on a Mama's family curly one and did we ever laugh. Four hats, they are so neat!!!

So, I am good!!! I love hearing from you all! So. what is happy with you? Carlie
  • tjhay
    woodsygal said:

Calling back .....

I wasn't able to have my port put in yesterday due to the infection. I was upset, but, I have the sweetest surgeon ever. I want to get things done right away....but, he says no hurry!! You have the day off, have fun!!!

I went in to see him this morning(check up), he said "looking super". I am feeling awesome!!! So all is on again for next Thurs. I am accumulating a few "slipper sox" from the hospital!!
    Went out with Mom yesterday for breakfast and wig shopping. I have got the coolest wig, looks like my hair now, and ordered another longer(Kirstie Alley) kind. I tried on a Mama's family curly one and did we ever laugh. Four hats, they are so neat!!!

So, I am good!!! I love hearing from you all! So. what is happy with you? Carlie

thank you
    thank you for letting us know that you are ok. we were worried about you.
    tjhay
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    woodsygal said:

Calling back .....

Great to Hear
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Good luck with your port. I love mine. It keeps me from getting poked everywhere to find a vain.

P
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    woodsygal said:

Calling back .....

Hey Carlie
    Glad to see your ports a go for next wk...REALLY you will NEVER regret having it placed. The procedure was probably the easiest for me so far and the chemo goes well. The nurses all love the ports since they have fewer complications... Just ask your doc for some EMLA cream... YOu apply a gob of cream over the port about 1 hour prior to your chemo and pop a couple of bandaides over it so it doesnt get on your clothes. No need to rub it in.

You sound great

Keep us posted on how youre doing. We are all here for each other

Hugs
    LInda T
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    woodsygal said:

Calling back .....

Hello, woodsygal
    Thanks for checking in, and providing us with an update. Awesome that you think so highly of your surgeon - having faith and confidence in our medical team is half the battle, I always say (we, as patients, fight the other half).

Best wishes to you for Thursday, Carlie. Keep us posted on your progress.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    woodsygal said:

Calling back .....

Hey Carlie! You sound in
    Hey Carlie! You sound in such good spirits! Good for you! And, the wigs sound great!

Glad you checked in, we do worry about you newbies especially.

Diane
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    aztec45 said:

Great to Hear
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Good luck with your port. I love mine. It keeps me from getting poked everywhere to find a vain.

P

Hey Woodsygal! You sound in
    Hey Woodsygal! You sound in great spirits! Also, wishing you good luck with your port.

Hugs,

Noel
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    DianeBC said:

Hey Carlie! You sound in
    Hey Carlie! You sound in such good spirits! Good for you! And, the wigs sound great!

Glad you checked in, we do worry about you newbies especially.

Diane

Carlie
    I am happy things are looking up for you. Keep up the good attitude. I am glad you found such cute wigs ad hats, and the laughter with your mom PRICELSS!
    hugs, jackie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Hello, woodsygal
    Thanks for checking in, and providing us with an update. Awesome that you think so highly of your surgeon - having faith and confidence in our medical team is half the battle, I always say (we, as patients, fight the other half).

Best wishes to you for Thursday, Carlie. Keep us posted on your progress.

Glad to see you posted
    Glad to see you posted Carlie!

Good luck on Thursday!

Hugs, Kylez
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    rjjj said:

Carlie
    I am happy things are looking up for you. Keep up the good attitude. I am glad you found such cute wigs ad hats, and the laughter with your mom PRICELSS!
    hugs, jackie

Hi Carlie! So happy for
    Hi Carlie! So happy for your attitude! Post and keep us updated on you!

Hugs, Susie