Prayers

faithandprayer
faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I met a beautiful BC fighter/sister - Stage 4 - and her Mom today in the lab for blood work. I saw her last week, too. She is young...very close to my age, I'm sure (39). We talked about her children being very close in age to mine. The words were sparse but the intimacy and bond was immense - I'm sure you all know this type of encounter. Fear and sadness were in their eyes...but I saw some Hope, too...

I told her I would pray for her and I felt she found comfort in that.

I will pray for her Mom, too (I can only imagine how difficult this must be for the mothers of us BC fighters).

I'm asking anyone else who leans to prayer to do the same.

Hugs to all,
KC

Comments

  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Considering that the love,
    Considering that the love, kindness, support, empathy found on these boards abounds, I have no doubt that your request will be met by more people than you can imagine! And yes, we also know what you meant by the connection you felt with the Kindred Spirit you met at the cancer center. I'm especially glad that behind the fear and sadness you also saw Hope. It is truly imperative, in my opinion that we not give up. I'm glad you made a special connection.

    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    chenheart said:

    Considering that the love,
    Considering that the love, kindness, support, empathy found on these boards abounds, I have no doubt that your request will be met by more people than you can imagine! And yes, we also know what you meant by the connection you felt with the Kindred Spirit you met at the cancer center. I'm especially glad that behind the fear and sadness you also saw Hope. It is truly imperative, in my opinion that we not give up. I'm glad you made a special connection.

    Hugs,
    Claudia

    Thank You
    Thanks, Claudia,

    It was an off day for me and meeting her/them really had an impact. I'm glad I made the special connection, too, and hope I see her again. She's had it 2 years so she is a fighter...there was definitely hope but a lot of fear. If I could have stripped it all away from her at that moment (and her Mom), I would have. In some way, I feel the offer of prayer really did comfort her, that & a hug was all I could give.

    I'm bummed now that I didn't ask for her phone or email. I feel like it would have been good for both of us. Chemo brain can really turn someone into a social dufe in a hurry.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Consider it done.
    Thank you for the opportunity to pray for her.

    RE
  • whichwitch
    whichwitch Member Posts: 42
    Yes, my prayers are with all
    Yes, my prayers are with all always. I may not be able to do a lot, but know my prayers will be strong and many.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Already done....
    What a blessing that the two of you were in the same place at the same time to give some comfort to each other. Maybe next time you see her, you can offer your info in case she would like to talk! :) Pammy
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Akiss4me said:

    Already done....
    What a blessing that the two of you were in the same place at the same time to give some comfort to each other. Maybe next time you see her, you can offer your info in case she would like to talk! :) Pammy

    Added to my list, thank you
    Added to my list, thank you for letting us know about our sister in need
    tjhay
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    KC....
    In my prayers....

    CR
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Dito
    You are all on my list. I have asked St. Jude to light a candle for all of us so that we may find the strenghth to continue the fight.

    Love,

    P
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Done... she is on my
    Done... she is on my list..

    There is power in prayer..

    ~T
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Heartfelt hopes...
    ... for the sister you met yesterday. Yes, I've had many experiences very similar. If you do see her again, and exchange contact information - please, also extend an invitation for her to join us here, too.
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member

    Heartfelt hopes...
    ... for the sister you met yesterday. Yes, I've had many experiences very similar. If you do see her again, and exchange contact information - please, also extend an invitation for her to join us here, too.

    They will both be added to my prayer list
    That the least I can do, Please do extent the invitation to join us here also!

    Aurora
  • RiverGypsie
    RiverGypsie Member Posts: 13
    Added to my List
    The power of prayer is amazing, and I will definitely add these special people to my daily prayer. Thanks for your kind consideration!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    I am sending her my prayers!

    I am sending her my prayers!
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Thank You
    Thank you all for embracing and encircling this sister in need with your prayers. When I met her, I felt so powerless and wanted so badly to just lift her above all of her challenges and worry. RiverGypsie is right, the power of prayer is amazing. I feel it in this thread. I will definitely invite her here if I am blessed enough to see her again.

    You are all very special.

    Many Blessings to Each of You -
    KC
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member

    Thank You
    Thank you all for embracing and encircling this sister in need with your prayers. When I met her, I felt so powerless and wanted so badly to just lift her above all of her challenges and worry. RiverGypsie is right, the power of prayer is amazing. I feel it in this thread. I will definitely invite her here if I am blessed enough to see her again.

    You are all very special.

    Many Blessings to Each of You -
    KC

    surrounding her with angels
    I know exactly what you mean. I have met so many amzingly strong and beautiful people in the waiting rooms and like Claudia says there is an instant connection of kindred spirits. I will most certainly keep her and all of our kindred sisters in my prayers.
    Hugs, Jacki
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    rjjj said:

    surrounding her with angels
    I know exactly what you mean. I have met so many amzingly strong and beautiful people in the waiting rooms and like Claudia says there is an instant connection of kindred spirits. I will most certainly keep her and all of our kindred sisters in my prayers.
    Hugs, Jacki

    Angels
    Thank you, Jacki!

    You're picture always makes me smile - it's like like contagious happiness!
    Hugs,
    KC