First TAC treatment today

Options
Crystlesmom
Crystlesmom Member Posts: 20
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It was my first TAC treatment today.....so far, pretty good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and tootsies too that it stays this way. Everyone was so nice and helpful at the treatment center. I'm starting back to work next week, so I'm hoping to get through the next 5 treatments fairly easy...at least I'm hoping for that!! Not sure what tomorrow will bring, nor the next day.....

Get the N..... shot tomorrow and hear that can be quite painful for a few days....hope not!!

Thanks for all your support and encouragement....don't know what I would have done without it.

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    One done...
    I'll be hoping you'll continue to do well with chemo.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Glad you did so well today!
    Glad you did so well today! I pray that it continues. And, going back to work? That is wonderful. Take care!

Hugs, Diane
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Glad you did so well today!
    Glad you did so well today! I pray that it continues. And, going back to work? That is wonderful. Take care!

Hugs, Diane

YEA! You did ok with your
    YEA! You did ok with your first chemo. Let's pray that they all go like that!

Keep us updated!

Kylez
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Hi Crystlesmom! So glad
    Hi Crystlesmom! So glad that you got thru the first one ok!

I am crossing my fingers, toes and anything else I can for you, to ensure that the rest of your chemo goes as well for you.

Good luck at going back to work!

Hugs, Noel :)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    One down, five to go!!!! YAY
    I too am so glad that your chemo went well; the Neulasta can indeed be painful to the bones( the marrow will be speeding up white cell production; sorta like squeezing the last bit of tooth paste from the tube!) but it will pass as well! If you can arrange to always have your chemo on Thursdays and the Neulasta on Fridays, you will have rest up time on the weekends! Unfortunately, the Neulasta side-effcts don't usually hit for 36 hours, but you can take pain meds for that! If your cancer center didn't mention which ones, CALL THEM! It doesn't matter at all what time of day you call, or if your DR isn't there when you do, someone will be and they will give you great advice. One thing they don't want us to be is sick or uncomfortable! Chemo nurses are an amazing breed of caregivers, aren't they??

Enjoy your weekend! and oh yeah~ drink water, and then more water, and then even more water! It is important to flush your system and keep hydrated!!! Sip sip sip ...it's good for you and important!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Yea.....
    Happy that it went so well for you. Hoping that it continues on the same. :) Pammy
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Hey there
    The shot isn't

Hey there
    The shot isn't painful, but it can make your bones ache. Claritin works really well for the achiness.
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Crystlesmom
    I ve had 2 neulasta shots and never even knew I had them...NO aches or pains at all..I get my third tomorrow so we will see

Glad all went well for you

Keep us posted...I have 5 treatments left too every other week then 52 weeks of herceptin

Keep the faith

Linda t
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Crystlesmom
    I ve had 2 neulasta shots and never even knew I had them...NO aches or pains at all..I get my third tomorrow so we will see

Keep us posted...I have 5 treatments left too every other week then 52 weeks of herceptin

Keep the faith

Linda t

I am on my second shot and
    I am on my second shot and don't have any problems yet.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    So happy that it went well
    So happy that it went well for you today! Good luck with the rest of your treatments.

Hugs,

Lex
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Crystlesmom

Keep the faith

Linda t

Good luck to you too mlmjt!
    Good luck to you too mlmjt! Glad the shots went so well for you!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

I am on my second shot and
    I am on my second shot and don't have any problems yet.

Glad to know that you are
    Glad to know that you are doing better Kat. I know this was so unexpected and difficult for you at first.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    Alexis F said:

So happy that it went well
    So happy that it went well for you today! Good luck with the rest of your treatments.

Hugs,

Lex

Im glad it went good. That
    Im glad it went good. That gives me hope that mine will go well too. Good luck with the next five.

laura
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Looks like I've fallen
    Looks like I've fallen behind again... ughh... just wanted you to know that I'm glad things went well and will pray that they continue to do so... hang in there we are all here for you!

Hugs

~T
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting this
    Congrats on getting this first one done! Good luck with the others!

Post and let us know how you do!