Just a quick question

Options
mlmjt1
mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have had 2 rounds of a/c and should have my third tomorrow

My toes feel numb and of course I am especially aware of it at night when I want to go to sleep...

Anyone else have some neuoropathy on A/c

Thanks all

Linda T

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    I had AC
    and didn't experience that. You should tell your onc and nurses tomorrow.
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    I did
    I did but I am a diabetic and chemo tends to agravate neuoropathy, you should talk to you oncono about it
    tjahy
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    I Did
    I had that but only in my fingers. It has subsided during the 3rd week after treatment.

Tell your onc. They did not do anything about but keep an eye on it so that it didn't get out of control.

Take care,

P
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Linda, be sure and let your
    Linda, be sure and let your oncologist or nurse know this tomorrow!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

Linda, be sure and let your
    Linda, be sure and let your oncologist or nurse know this tomorrow!

Hugs, Leeza

Tell your oncologist about
    Tell your oncologist about this and any other side effects you have. He needs to know always, so that he can help you.

Good Luck!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Tell your oncologist about
    Tell your oncologist about this and any other side effects you have. He needs to know always, so that he can help you.

Good Luck!

Always tell your oncologist
    Always tell your oncologist about any side effects you are having during chemo. And, if necessary, call them at anytime if they are unbearable. Your doctor needs to know.

Hugs, Diane
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    YES! YES! YES! I absolutely
    YES! YES! YES! I absolutely did have neuropathy in my hands and feet! And, according to chemocare.com they are the two Most Common places for that horrid tingling and numb feeling. I agree, even if there is nothing your Dr can do about it ( and maybe there is) it is best to keep our medical team apprised of any and all side-effects, etc. Just cuz!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    chenheart said:

YES! YES! YES! I absolutely
    YES! YES! YES! I absolutely did have neuropathy in my hands and feet! And, according to chemocare.com they are the two Most Common places for that horrid tingling and numb feeling. I agree, even if there is nothing your Dr can do about it ( and maybe there is) it is best to keep our medical team apprised of any and all side-effects, etc. Just cuz!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Me Too
    Mine started in my toes about the 4th week of radiation. I am also diabetic, so will tell the radiation oncologist and my oncologist when I see them again.
    Pat
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Me Too
    Mine started in my toes about the 4th week of radiation. I am also diabetic, so will tell the radiation oncologist and my oncologist when I see them again.
    Pat

I did
    I too have diabetes, but my neuropathy became far worse during and after chemo. Tell your oncologist for sure..but I think it is to be expected with some of the drugs. My husband built a cage for the end of my bed to keep the sheets off my feet..that helped during the night and my diabetes doctor has just prescribed something new....but I have only been taking it for a few days.