knitted mastectomy prothesis

kmcfarla54
kmcfarla54 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am a new member who is looking for a source to obtain a knitted breast prothesis that I have been reading about. I live in a rural community and do not know how to knit, though I am considering learning. My situation is also different in that I do not have "breast cancer" but have recurring metastatic melanoma that required a radical mastectomy. That leaves me a non-candidate for breast reconstruction. I do not like the silicone prosthesis that I have and tend to not wear it. Having a mastectomy made me realize how lucky I am that God gave me tiny boobs, though I spent most of my life wishing I had larger ones. Having to wear a fake boob, makes me glad the surviving one is small. I would appreciate any helpful info. Thanks.

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I am not endorsing any
    I am not endorsing any product, and we do have to be very careful about seemingly selling things on this site~ "Powers that Be", that is NOT what I am doing! But I do know of one site which sells what you are looking for, rather than the instructions for self-knitting which are all over the web, as well. If you go to the Tit Bits site, they have knitted breast for sale...I don't have any personal knowledge of the company or product, simply that it exists!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • kmcfarla54
    kmcfarla54 Member Posts: 3
    chenheart said:

I am not endorsing any
    I am not endorsing any product, and we do have to be very careful about seemingly selling things on this site~ "Powers that Be", that is NOT what I am doing! But I do know of one site which sells what you are looking for, rather than the instructions for self-knitting which are all over the web, as well. If you go to the Tit Bits site, they have knitted breast for sale...I don't have any personal knowledge of the company or product, simply that it exists!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thank you for the helpful
    Thank you for the helpful info. I will check it out. Hugs to you, too. Kathy