one week since chemo found out my counts are really low.

Options
SoftBallMom2
SoftBallMom2 Member Posts: 56 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey Guys! I am kinda bummed. Just got back from dr. My counts are really low. They put me on an antibiotic and told me to stay away from people. I wanted to go to my daughters softball tournament this weekend. She only has a couple more and I was really looking forward to something fun this weekend. I am so tired of all of this. I want my old life back. Please tell me it will get better. I don't like having no control of my own life. Sorry, I know things could be worse but I just want to cry! Amanda

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Sorry you can't go but you
    Sorry you can't go but you could have someone film it for you. Then you can sit and watch it together and have hotdogs too. Or is it crackerjacks. It will get better and before you know it you can go in person.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    It really does get better~
    It really does get better~ it's just that the chemo is known for creating a few days in the cycle which puts us at risk for infection because our white count gets depleted. It is definitely discouraging, and makes us feel NOT in control of our lives. But you are in control, because you are making decisons which are Killing The Beast so that you can have years and years with your children. Marcia had a wonderful suggestion about filming the game and then having game food at home together~ that's what's so incredible about these boards! Things which seem so simple and at the same time fabulous are suggested! I never would have thught of something like that!

Hang in there! It is all worth it when you get the news that you are finished with treatment! We're with you, sister!

Hygs,
    Claudia
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Amanda
    I know your feelings well, sometimes it feels like life is just passing us by while were sick. but you need to take care of yourself first hun, so you can enjoy may more years of hotdogs ,games and fun with your gal.

I hope you get better real soon and Marcia did have a very good idea.... hope you can do something like that.
    hugs, jackie
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    rjjj said:

Amanda
    I know your feelings well, sometimes it feels like life is just passing us by while were sick. but you need to take care of yourself first hun, so you can enjoy may more years of hotdogs ,games and fun with your gal.

I hope you get better real soon and Marcia did have a very good idea.... hope you can do something like that.
    hugs, jackie

Hey Amanda
    My white count is

Hey Amanda
    My white count is always really low too the week after chemo, but it's always back up by week 2. I don't know what I'm supposed to do when school starts back as I am a teacher. Kinda hard to avoid germy people in a classroom. Maybe I'll play Michael Jackson and wear a face mask!
    Anyway , hang in there. You are not alone.
    Dee
  • SoftBallMom2
    SoftBallMom2 Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Amanda

hugs, jackie

THANKS GUYS! JUST FEELING
    THANKS GUYS! JUST FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF TODAY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THINGS TO EAT OR DO TO BRING THEM UP?
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Baseballmom....
    I don't

Baseballmom....

I don't personally know what your going through as far as the chemo, but I can certainly relate to wanting my old life back...sometimes ignorance is bliss... I know you will get through this... hang in there.. and know we are all standing beside you...

Hugs,

~T
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options

THANKS GUYS! JUST FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF TODAY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THINGS TO EAT OR DO TO BRING THEM UP?

Chemo did a number
    on my blood counts. I don't think there's too much you can do about it. Rest,eat some red meat. I'm saying that seriously because my onc was baffled for some time on how low my counts were and asked if I was eating enough red meat.
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Love the idea of watching
    Love the idea of watching game films along with typical baseball fare..."buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks"...

You could top the evening off watching A League of Their Own together...

I might miss some moments now but I am going to live to make many new memories in the future.

jojo
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Love the idea of watching
    Love the idea of watching game films along with typical baseball fare..."buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks"...

You could top the evening off watching A League of Their Own together...

I might miss some moments now but I am going to live to make many new memories in the future.

jojo

I am so sorry you are having
    I am so sorry you are having such a bad time. I just hope that it gets better.

Sorry you have to miss the game :(

Hugs, Leeza
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    "Old Life"...
    I know it's difficult... And, frustrating...

But, nothing - absolutely nothing - is more important than your treatment right now. It must come first, be your main priority. Your treatment is your "insurance policy" that you'll be there for your daughter well into the future.

Yes, it most certainly DOES get better. There is Life After Cancer.

While enduring my own treatment - I thought of it as my "job"... And, a demanding one, at that. "Job" came first, all else came second - if at all.

Best wishes to you, Amanda.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

I hope you are feeling
    I hope you are feeling better Softballmom! I think we are all entitled to feel sorry for ourselves. Having bc isn't easy.

Hugs,

Diane
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

"Old Life"...
    I know it's difficult... And, frustrating...

But, nothing - absolutely nothing - is more important than your treatment right now. It must come first, be your main priority. Your treatment is your "insurance policy" that you'll be there for your daughter well into the future.

Yes, it most certainly DOES get better. There is Life After Cancer.

While enduring my own treatment - I thought of it as my "job"... And, a demanding one, at that. "Job" came first, all else came second - if at all.

Best wishes to you, Amanda.

So sorry. I know it isn't
    So sorry. I know it isn't easy. I like what Susan said, look at it as a job. I didn't realize it until I read that, but, that is what I did too. I got thru the lumpectomy, went for my radiation treatment everyday for 7 weeks and finished!

Look to your family for support, your friends. Take advantage of all of the kindness that is offered to you.

So many times, we try to get thru this alone, and, we can't.

I am so glad that you found us.

We will support you during this journey.

We know it is hard, so, we will hold your hand and walk with you.

Please keep us updated on you.

Hugs,

Kylez