July 30th Today is the day

Options
Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good luck to all the New non smokers today.

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Yes,
    Good luck,you guys! We are rooting for you!!
  • whichwitch
    whichwitch Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Good luck and know you have
    Good luck and know you have people behind you cheering you on. You go for it
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Yes, best of luck on this
    Yes, best of luck on this important step in your new, healthy lives! I stopped smoking over 35 years ago...and I did it actually ONE cigarette at a time~ which then multiplied into 2, 3 4 5, cigarettes etc until voila! I had quit smoking cold turkey without having to think about it!

Hugs, and happy easy breathing!

Claudia
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    chenheart said:

Yes, best of luck on this
    Yes, best of luck on this important step in your new, healthy lives! I stopped smoking over 35 years ago...and I did it actually ONE cigarette at a time~ which then multiplied into 2, 3 4 5, cigarettes etc until voila! I had quit smoking cold turkey without having to think about it!

Hugs, and happy easy breathing!

Claudia

Good luck guys. I quit 20
    Good luck guys. I quit 20 years ago with a patch and a kid who laid a giant guilt trip on me.
    Get yourselves a kid who cries and says you're giving her a headache everytime you light up. It's foolproof.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Good idea Kat
    Good luck to everyone on quitting smoking. Trust me, it is way easy to do when you think of why you are doing it! I know you'll make it. You better, because I don't have enough frequent flyer miles to come kick each of your arses if need be. OK, your safe 'cause I don't have ANY frequent flyer miles!! Last time I flew was sooooo long ago that they use to let you on a plane drunk!!! (And put really cute male stewards next to you to hold your hand!!). :) Pammy
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Thank You Alll
    Thank you to everyone.
    Day 1 and I have failed. The day just started bad and got worse with my onco visit. I was on edge when I woke up today and it has evolved worse...perhaps my gut told me it was going to be and unsettling day.

I am currently not even in survivor mode and and, with the smoking thing...feeling like a complete "quitter" on "not smoking".

(Sigh)
    I know I'll dust off & bounce back when I can digest & accept.
    "Tomorrow's another day, and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain..." -Jo Dee Messina

Sorry I let you down,
    KC
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Thank You Alll
    Thank you to everyone.
    Day 1 and I have failed. The day just started bad and got worse with my onco visit. I was on edge when I woke up today and it has evolved worse...perhaps my gut told me it was going to be and unsettling day.

I am currently not even in survivor mode and and, with the smoking thing...feeling like a complete "quitter" on "not smoking".

(Sigh)
    I know I'll dust off & bounce back when I can digest & accept.
    "Tomorrow's another day, and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain..." -Jo Dee Messina

Sorry I let you down,
    KC

Hope you all can do it. You
    Hope you all can do it. You have had one cancer, you don't need another one. I know it is hard, but, try to get your mind set how bad it is for you.

Good luck!
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kat and everyone else too!
    I had a rocky start on Thursday, (smoked 2 before I remember what day it was) but I'm doing okay today. I had a close call earlier after a little spat with my mom, and I'm having trouble getting my patch to stay on (HaHa) but I just keep rubbing it to make sure it's still there.

Thanks for thinking of Us.

And don't worry KC you'll get on track, even if you have to put it off for a couple of days! We smokers understand, this is not and easy thing to do:)

Aurora
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Good luck guys. I quit 20
    Good luck guys. I quit 20 years ago with a patch and a kid who laid a giant guilt trip on me.
    Get yourselves a kid who cries and says you're giving her a headache everytime you light up. It's foolproof.

I quit 21 years ago
    I know that, because I had morning sickness so bad with my first baby (21 years ago and she is now 20) that I could not smoke; I chewed Nicorettes instead. I am not suggesting that anyone go out and get pregnant! Nicorettes pulled me through. I am a gum chewer to this day. Giving up cigarettes is hard, but we are cancer survivors - we can do anything! xoxoxo Lynn
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Thank you Kat and everyone else too!
    I had a rocky start on Thursday, (smoked 2 before I remember what day it was) but I'm doing okay today. I had a close call earlier after a little spat with my mom, and I'm having trouble getting my patch to stay on (HaHa) but I just keep rubbing it to make sure it's still there.

Thanks for thinking of Us.

And don't worry KC you'll get on track, even if you have to put it off for a couple of days! We smokers understand, this is not and easy thing to do:)

Aurora

Good luck to all of you!

Good luck to all of you!