It is not my year

Options
IamHope
IamHope Member Posts: 58
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm shell-shocked. Rumours have been flying in my company that people are going to be retrenched. I've been a bit distracted from this with all the other stuff going on. I guess I knew what was comming. I'm a C#. Net contractor... and guess what, my contract expires end of September.
I was fooling myself that my company will renew my contract.
Recieved the news an hour ago, nope, they are not going to renew.

Comments

• tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Hope
    I am so sorry that the company is not planning to renew your contract. It is their loss. I wish I had some magic words to make it all better ... but right now just remember that YOU ARE HOPE! So ... get that positive attitude back ... and something will come along.

hugs.
    teena
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    tgf said:

Hope
    I am so sorry that the company is not planning to renew your contract. It is their loss. I wish I had some magic words to make it all better ... but right now just remember that YOU ARE HOPE! So ... get that positive attitude back ... and something will come along.

hugs.
    teena

I'm sorry to hear about your

I'm sorry to hear about your contract. You were already dealing with so much with your bc. You have good current skills if you are a C#.NET programmer. I hope that companies will see the wisdom of updating their systems to improve efficiency during this tough economic time, and that you'll be top on their list of people to help with this.

Joyce
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Both of my sons are
    Both of my sons are programmers. One is contract also. You might try checking out professional headhunters. Contact people who have moved on to other jobs that used to work with you. They might have some leads.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    (((HUGS))))
    I don't have much to add except for big doses of encouragement to go along with the HOPE you already have. Shell-shocked was a good way to describe it. I do hope that there are still resources available to you, and that as Marcia said, reach out to your friends and co workers; they may be a great avenue for you. Don't give up~ and if wishes could make it so~ you will find a new job AND insurance fast!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

(((HUGS))))
    I don't have much to add except for big doses of encouragement to go along with the HOPE you already have. Shell-shocked was a good way to describe it. I do hope that there are still resources available to you, and that as Marcia said, reach out to your friends and co workers; they may be a great avenue for you. Don't give up~ and if wishes could make it so~ you will find a new job AND insurance fast!

Hugs,
    Claudia

So sorry, There is not much
    So sorry, There is not much to say to that except, we are here for you. Hugs
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    Kat11 said:

So sorry, There is not much
    So sorry, There is not much to say to that except, we are here for you. Hugs

Sorry
    You most certainly didnt need this at a time like now. I hope everything will work out. Good luck to you. I know how you feel, i was laid off in January and it sucks, but you will make it through. Good luck

laura
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    lolad said:

Sorry
    You most certainly didnt need this at a time like now. I hope everything will work out. Good luck to you. I know how you feel, i was laid off in January and it sucks, but you will make it through. Good luck

laura

So very sorry Hope
    I know

So very sorry Hope
    I know you don't need the added stress.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    It is Not My Year
    With you on that IamHope. In addition to chemo/rads, I found out a few weeks ago my position was being dissolved. I will be given a new job, though, guaranteed at the same salary, benefits and seniority. But the new job sucks.

You sure have my sympathies. One thing, though: cancer does help put things in perspective. And you can continue your insurance through COBRA.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Definitly a shocker....
    Even if you thought it may happen doesn't make it any easier when it does. As much as change being the last thing you need at a time like this, could turn into a blessing in disguise. Keep your chin up, mourn the loss, then get out there and hit the pavement. You could possibly land something better then what you had! And you possibly could find something before September! Keep us posted. :) Pammy
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Definitly a shocker....
    Even if you thought it may happen doesn't make it any easier when it does. As much as change being the last thing you need at a time like this, could turn into a blessing in disguise. Keep your chin up, mourn the loss, then get out there and hit the pavement. You could possibly land something better then what you had! And you possibly could find something before September! Keep us posted. :) Pammy

Agreed!
    I completely agree with Pammy!
    "the last thing you need at a time like this, could turn into a blessing in disguise"

...something good for you is lurking right around the corner. Unfortunately, we have to experience the "really bad" to truly understand, benefit from and enjoy the "really good".

Hang in there & lean on your name "I Am Hope" - it says a lot about you!
    Sending Prayers,
    KC
  • IamHope
    IamHope Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Superwoman
    Since I was kid I believed that I was Superman - I later adjusted that to Superwoman. :)
    Point is, I always knew I had super powers and would sit for hours trying to move something with my mind alone. My most successfull experiments were moving the hyperactive family dog...

30 years later, and I am now clinging to that believe even more: like the little train said: "I know I can, I know I can..."
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    IamHope said:

Superwoman
    Since I was kid I believed that I was Superman - I later adjusted that to Superwoman. :)
    Point is, I always knew I had super powers and would sit for hours trying to move something with my mind alone. My most successfull experiments were moving the hyperactive family dog...

30 years later, and I am now clinging to that believe even more: like the little train said: "I know I can, I know I can..."

I agree
    I know you can too..although I do know how hard it is.
    My daughter was laid off recently and it looks as though unemployment money will last longer than before and it can all be done on the web.
    Thinking of you.
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    IamHope said:

Superwoman

Ianhope
    I coming in late, but I wanted you to know how bad I feel for you and this added stress, you've already been given some good advice, so I don't know what I can add to that. What's worse is that I have no idea of how the economy is in S.A. where you are at, Just know that we are all praying for you, and hope all will work out.

Since you into trying to move things with your mind, remember that sometimes, if you can't go to the mountain, than you'll just have to make the mountain come to you.

Good Luck, and also just try to take one day at a time,

Lots of Love and Positive thoughts coming your way

Aurora