Payback is a B

Options
aztec45
aztec45 Member Posts: 757
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
When last we left off, my Bro refused to take care of me after my upcoming 2 round of chemo unless I shaved my head. He said he couldn't deal with me shedding all over his new condo. His wife was more concerned about contracting the fungus I got in my arse after my first round of chemo.

Now the wife I could care less what she says. I only tolerate her because I love my Bro. She is always saying ignorant things but thinks she is smarter than the average bear. Right. But my Bro hurt me deep. The wound was made even worse because I was mourning the loss of my long curly locks.

So....here's what I did about it.

I phoned my Bro yesterday and left a message on his cell, telling him I had just come from the Doc and maybe he and his wife ought to go get checked out. My Bro phoned me back after an hour. He dropped several "F" bombs and kept asking me 'Are you F kidding me?' I told him with as serious a tone as I could muster, that the Doc recommended he and his wife should go get checked out. And while he was at it, he needs to thoroughly clean all of his furniture. I also asked him if he remembered which car I sat in, his or hers. More "F" bombs were dropped followed by 'Are you F kidding me?' I was silently laughing to the point where my belly was starting to hurt. Finally, I couldn't control it any longer and just rolled on the ground with laughter. Tears were staining my face.

After I gained my composure, I told my Bro I was just messing with him. The silence seemed to last forever but I could hear his wife mumbling something. Whatever. My Bro said no one on his end of the phone was laughing. I told him that he really hurt my feelings with his comments. I also told him that he and his wife were silly thinking they could get my fungus. I explained how much medicine had been dispensed by the Onc to address this. I also told him that the Doc never said anyone was in danger of catching it. Afterall, my Mom lives with me, sits on the same chairs I do, is diabetic, and hasn't caught anything. I also told him I would not subject them to something that WOULD make them sick. As for the hair, I told my Bro he need not worry about that. My hair has been falling out in chunks the size of your hands.

My Bro never told me he was sorry but he did tell me he would be at the clinic to sit with me this Friday. I thought about telling him to kiss my fungal arse but after all, he is my Bro and I love him.

P

Comments

• rodripa9
    rodripa9 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    LMAO
    That sounds like something I would have done. Good for you! I think your brother like mine is under his wife's spell and might say or do things that he otherwise would not do, if thinking clearly. Good luck to you and your arse :)
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    I think when the demon is
    I think when the demon is inside...its ok to be a bit devilish...and besides sometimes it is just too fun to mess with family
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    ROTFLMFungalAO
    Aztec, that sounds exactly like the kind of stunt I would play on my sister - if she didn't pull it on me first.

Congrats on making it work, and on letting your brother know he was the one with a problem with laughter first, and then a lecture. May the two of you tease each other with this story for decades. With an attitude like yours, I would say it's a definite probability.

Joe
  • ritazimm
    ritazimm Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Good For You!
    There is no way that I would be able to hold in my laughter. But thanks for making me laugh now! People can be so ridiculously ignorant. It amazes me that they can be so selfish even while you are going through the fight of your life. It is great that you were able to handle it so well when it was hurting you so much.

Good luck on Friday!
    Rita
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    That is soooo funny
    Maybe they will think twice before making hurtful comments. I just loved it!!
    hugs, jackie
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    ritazimm said:

Good For You!
    There is no way that I would be able to hold in my laughter. But thanks for making me laugh now! People can be so ridiculously ignorant. It amazes me that they can be so selfish even while you are going through the fight of your life. It is great that you were able to handle it so well when it was hurting you so much.

Good luck on Friday!
    Rita

Cheesehead Convention!
    First Jojo, now you! How ya been? In mourning for the Brewers yet?
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Yeah!!!! Tell it like it sooo is!
    So many thoughts come to mind, there is no way I can address them all! But, as far as your SIL perhaps thinking twice before saying something so out of line again, the only thought that comes to mind is: You Can't Fix Stupid....

As for the rest; once again the reason these boards exist is so evident once more~ we just "get it", don't we? Not that any of us wanted cancer to be what we got, but ya know, how awesome are all of us???? I am honored to be in your company~ even if it's in here! LOL

And at the end of that proverbial day, all of those who are mean-spirited, without compassion and empathy, wake up being that way every day...while WE get to wake up being us!!! I choose us any day, don't all of you???

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Yeah!!!! Tell it like it sooo is!
    So many thoughts come to mind, there is no way I can address them all! But, as far as your SIL perhaps thinking twice before saying something so out of line again, the only thought that comes to mind is: You Can't Fix Stupid....

As for the rest; once again the reason these boards exist is so evident once more~ we just "get it", don't we? Not that any of us wanted cancer to be what we got, but ya know, how awesome are all of us???? I am honored to be in your company~ even if it's in here! LOL

And at the end of that proverbial day, all of those who are mean-spirited, without compassion and empathy, wake up being that way every day...while WE get to wake up being us!!! I choose us any day, don't all of you???

Hugs,
    Claudia

Well said Claudia... I
    Well said Claudia... I couldn't agree more... I'll be me.... you be you... we will be us together... and the rest of "them"... as you said... can't fix stupid... what a line.. I love it... nuff said..

~T
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes Good For You!!!!!!!!
    He had that coming and it also gave you a chance to let him know how he made you feel.
    He was out of line and so was his wife, I'm glad you got to bring him back yo reality. I'm sure he loves you, and now maybe he'll remember to be more sensitive and keep his wife in check!

Aurora
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    i have only one thing to say about what you did
    hahahahahaha hehehehehe hahaahaha hehehehe
    am i showing homonale rage again, just in a funny way?
    hahahahahahahah hehehehehe ahahahaha
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    tjhay said:

i have only one thing to say about what you did
    hahahahahaha hehehehehe hahaahaha hehehehe
    am i showing homonale rage again, just in a funny way?
    hahahahahahahah hehehehehe ahahahaha

Funny
    I like it~! Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    I loved it!
    I would try that on my brothers, but alas, I don't have fungi-butt. I will have to think of something else. They are still under the impression that since I finished treatments, I'm all better. Little do they know......... poor sods! I have to think of ways to get them. I'm impressed that you did it and applaud you!
    Pat
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

I loved it!
    I would try that on my brothers, but alas, I don't have fungi-butt. I will have to think of something else. They are still under the impression that since I finished treatments, I'm all better. Little do they know......... poor sods! I have to think of ways to get them. I'm impressed that you did it and applaud you!
    Pat

OMG, I know you are so hurt
    OMG, I know you are so hurt by this, but I must say that was just to funny. Good for you to even think of doing that and shame on him for acting that way. Your to much, hugs
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    I Love You Guys
    I just love you guys. You make me laugh and we can cry together and it is just so nice to talk to people that TRULY understand the things we go through and feel with this cancer. The support here is incredible. I always feel like I can take on anything after I visit this site. I really wish I would have found this site when I was going through my crying spells. But it is better late than never.

Hope everyone is doing fine and feeling fine.

Love,

P
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    They both sound awful. I
    They both sound awful. I can't imagine my brother or sister being that selfish and callous. You don't deserve that.