Lupron

Options
lmmo
lmmo Member Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone had to have Lupron injections to shut down the ovaries? I need the ovaries out, but since I have had 3 surgeries in a month and have difficulty healing, the onco and gyno said no to more surgery and are going to give me Lupron. I know it is supposed to throw me into menopause just the same, and I have not talked with anyone that has had it. Please share your experiences...

Comments

• SoftBallMom2
    SoftBallMom2 Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I HAVE HAD THE LUPRON
    I HAVE HAD THE LUPRON INJECTIONS BUT IT WAS BEFORE I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY. I HAD ENDOMETRITOSES (OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT) WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. THEY GAVE ME 2 OF THE SHOTS TO THROW ME INTO THE CHANGE FOR A YEAR, THEN TURNED AROUND AND PUMPED FERTILITY DRUGS IN ME SO I COULD GET PREGNANT. I JUST KNOW IT MADE ME REALLY MOODY, MEAN, AND HAD ALOT OF HOT FLASHES. IT WORKS. DON'T KNOW IF THAT HELPED ANY. THE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DIFFERENT BUT IF I CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

I HAVE HAD THE LUPRON
    I HAVE HAD THE LUPRON INJECTIONS BUT IT WAS BEFORE I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY. I HAD ENDOMETRITOSES (OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT) WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. THEY GAVE ME 2 OF THE SHOTS TO THROW ME INTO THE CHANGE FOR A YEAR, THEN TURNED AROUND AND PUMPED FERTILITY DRUGS IN ME SO I COULD GET PREGNANT. I JUST KNOW IT MADE ME REALLY MOODY, MEAN, AND HAD ALOT OF HOT FLASHES. IT WORKS. DON'T KNOW IF THAT HELPED ANY. THE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DIFFERENT BUT IF I CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK.

I haven't had it, but, you
    I haven't had it, but, you should ask your onocologist about the side effects.

Good luck!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Hi Immo....
    I was offered the Lupron. I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago but had left my ovaries in. I will see my GYN Aug 7th to discuss removing them. I decided against the Lupron only because I am taking more meds than I care to and I am trying to wean myself off as much as possible in the next 4 months (my goal, not theirs) as I would like to return to work. Yes, I was told it will put you into menopause, but so will removing them. I am following Tjhay closely to see what works for her. She is paving the way for us, so to speak. Hopefully more people will post that had this to share their experience. :) Pammy