WILLIAM MARSHALL YOU ARE THE BEST ADVICE OUT THERE ON CANCER THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL HE IS

MOE58
MOE58 Member Posts: 589 Member
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
For all those ones out there that needs advice or needs to be uplifted please ask Mr. Marshall, he has helped me in so many ways during my husbands before during and after surgery when I have been down he built me up, when i was scared he lifted my spirits, when i was scared he knew what to say, and when i needed answers i could always count on him to give me the best advice he knows how. He knows his bible, he knows the life of cancer and he just has the right words to say.

Thanks Bill Marshall you are the best.

As you say is it Deal or No Deal? I say NO DEAL

Lori aka MOE

Comments

• emg09
    emg09 Member Posts: 228
    I totally agree
    Bill and Loretta are the best!!! They've been able to answer so many questions and provide so much support!! I'm grateful to have them!!

Love,
    Erika
  • emg09 said:

I totally agree
    Bill and Loretta are the best!!! They've been able to answer so many questions and provide so much support!! I'm grateful to have them!!

Love,
    Erika

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • emg09
    unknown said:

Hi,
    I'm not the person with

Hi,

I'm not the person with the EC, it's my father. If you read postings from William Marshall, he gives alot of detail. His surgery was done minimally invasive in Pittsburgh, PA by a Dr. Luketich. I took my dad there and at that point in March he was not a candidate for surgery. The cancer was/is in the lining of his stomach. He's in a clinical study there. He's doing ok in the study, the original tumor is shrinking. We live in Maryland. Anyway, not sure where you live or if travel is an option for you. Dr. Luketich was fantastic. I'm really praying that my dad will be able to have the surgery at some point. Also, he hasn't lost any hair!! But, please do go back and read the postings for William Marshall, it will help answer most of your questions!!
  • emg09 said:

Hi,
    I'm not the person with

Hi,

I'm not the person with the EC, it's my father. If you read postings from William Marshall, he gives alot of detail. His surgery was done minimally invasive in Pittsburgh, PA by a Dr. Luketich. I took my dad there and at that point in March he was not a candidate for surgery. The cancer was/is in the lining of his stomach. He's in a clinical study there. He's doing ok in the study, the original tumor is shrinking. We live in Maryland. Anyway, not sure where you live or if travel is an option for you. Dr. Luketich was fantastic. I'm really praying that my dad will be able to have the surgery at some point. Also, he hasn't lost any hair!! But, please do go back and read the postings for William Marshall, it will help answer most of your questions!!

• unknown said:

• emg09 said:

I totally agree

Love,
    Erika

• emg09
    unknown said:

No jeff and william are not
    No jeff and william are not the same person. William has some older posting, scroll down the list and you see where he has written. I'm sure he'll respond to you once he logs in. I know it's VERY terrifing, but you are in the right place to get support!! Where do you live?

Erika
  • emg09 said:

No jeff and william are not
    No jeff and william are not the same person. William has some older posting, scroll down the list and you see where he has written. I'm sure he'll respond to you once he logs in. I know it's VERY terrifing, but you are in the right place to get support!! Where do you live?

Erika

• emg09
    unknown said:

I'm so sorry you are having
    I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this, especially since you recently lost your husband!! Of course you are frazzled so don't worry about that. This is a great site for you to be at to get support. I certainly will ask Bill and/or his wife Loretta to contact you. I'm glad to hear you are pleased with your oncologist!! Hang in there!!! Erika
  • emg09
    emg09 said:

I'm so sorry you are having
    I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this, especially since you recently lost your husband!! Of course you are frazzled so don't worry about that. This is a great site for you to be at to get support. I certainly will ask Bill and/or his wife Loretta to contact you. I'm glad to hear you are pleased with your oncologist!! Hang in there!!! Erika

i sent them a message.
    i sent them a message. While you wait, if you scroll down under the topics, where you are reading and writing. Look for the message that says 2nd opinion Dr. Luketich. That has some information in there too. Keep strong!!
  • MOE58
    unknown said:

EC IS NOT GOOD-BUT I WILL TRY TO HELP
    Kay, you have every right to be scared, please read my bio, Jeff was diagnosed on April fools day, cancer does not run in the family either, sounds like you had the same symptoms jeff did, His was only staged 2 and had not spread, you say you have stage 3 but has yours spread. Yes chemo is hard and it attacked his lungs, is why he is having so much trouble. jeff had the hard surgery where William Marshall only had invasive, yes the stomach is pulled up in the chest, and yes you will have to have a feeding tube you will have no choice, but if my husband can do this at 45 you can do it too. Chemo sucks but it helped him get as far as he is now. Its not a easy road, at all but you will loose your hair but there is all kinds of dew rags out there, that is what he wears everywhere he goes. Recovery time is long very long, and I don't say your age, but if you work you need to plan on being off, when you start chemo you will go through lots of mouth sores you cant eat and all the things with it. There is a person on this site named "kitten" she was only 23 at the time of her diagnosis and with out her i wouldn't have gotten this far, please read her post she is very knowledgeable. William Marshall can lift your spirits when you are down and out.
    Kay I will be glad to help you in any way I can since i am going thru this with my husband
    Where do you Live? Also, there is a chat place you can go in and chat with people of all kinds it is really helpful too. Just remember at least yours is operable there is alot out there that they can't even operate on.

Keep your chin up and continue on, and know I am here just send me a private message if you want or post one here.

Take care
    Lori aka MOE
  • kitten0385
    kitten0385 Member Posts: 248
    unknown said:

Kay,

Welcome to the site. While I am very sad you had to come here because of that ugly C word, I am glad you have found it for support. Jeff is Moe's husband, and he just had surgery last week, he is beginning to improve, and they are hoping he will be off the ventilator by Friday. William is a 6 year survivor of stage 3 EC...he is an amazing person and is doing extremely well, he will be able to answer a lot of your questions. As for me, I'm 24, I was diagnosed with stage 3 esophageal cancer in October of 08 when I was 23. I had an esophagectomy, followed by a few months of chemo and radiation. I go for another scan in a couple weeks to know how all is looking, my last scan I was looking good! So, please...take a deep breath and know that you can beat this! If you get to the point of having the surgery, go for it, it can save your life! You will have a feeding tube for a few weeks, I had mine for about 5 weeks, and I believe William had his for 3 weeks, the difference being that his surgery was minimally invasive and mine was open. There will be life adjustments you have to make, such as eating smaller meals because of having less room in your new stomach, and sleeping with your head propped up to keep acid reflux at bay. but, in my opinion, those are very small adjustments in order to have your life back. I was off work for a few months, but am going back to my teaching in just a couple weeks. So, Kay, keep your chin up and move forward, I know this is a very scary ordeal, but you can do it!!

Cathy
  • MOE58
    unknown said:

its okay kay you can do this
    Kay,

Please let me know your age, you are doing fine, you have come to the right place for support, listen to Kitten she is an awesome person, and can tell you alot along with william marshall, please follow her guidance in finding him, also you can add him as a friend and send him a private message, You can do this, i am a caregiver for my husband and its been hard, We never think that the "C" word will hit us, Just know you have lots of friends on this site, yes as Kitten says there is adjustments but you can do this, My husband was only 45 years old worked 50-60 hours week either at work or at home, he had very hard chemo, and yes the surgery has went well, but he has had problems with other things. If I can explain anything to you please know you can send it to me and i will try to answer you as much as I can.

Take Care and you can do this.

Lori aka MOE
  • Kay,

Welcome to the site. While I am very sad you had to come here because of that ugly C word, I am glad you have found it for support. Jeff is Moe's husband, and he just had surgery last week, he is beginning to improve, and they are hoping he will be off the ventilator by Friday. William is a 6 year survivor of stage 3 EC...he is an amazing person and is doing extremely well, he will be able to answer a lot of your questions. As for me, I'm 24, I was diagnosed with stage 3 esophageal cancer in October of 08 when I was 23. I had an esophagectomy, followed by a few months of chemo and radiation. I go for another scan in a couple weeks to know how all is looking, my last scan I was looking good! So, please...take a deep breath and know that you can beat this! If you get to the point of having the surgery, go for it, it can save your life! You will have a feeding tube for a few weeks, I had mine for about 5 weeks, and I believe William had his for 3 weeks, the difference being that his surgery was minimally invasive and mine was open. There will be life adjustments you have to make, such as eating smaller meals because of having less room in your new stomach, and sleeping with your head propped up to keep acid reflux at bay. but, in my opinion, those are very small adjustments in order to have your life back. I was off work for a few months, but am going back to my teaching in just a couple weeks. So, Kay, keep your chin up and move forward, I know this is a very scary ordeal, but you can do it!!

Cathy

• kitten0385
    kitten0385 Member Posts: 248
    unknown said:

Bill and Loretta,

Thank you for your kind words. I have also e-mailed Kay. I will do my best for the next couple of days, but then I will also be out of town from Saturday-Thursday....we are going to Sturgis for the bike rally! Should be a fun time. I will keep everything up to date until then though, and will answer everyone when I get back if I beat you to it!! I hope you have a fabulous time on vacation, it's a well deserved one!!

Cathy
  • MOE58 said:

EC IS NOT GOOD-BUT I WILL TRY TO HELP
    Kay, you have every right to be scared, please read my bio, Jeff was diagnosed on April fools day, cancer does not run in the family either, sounds like you had the same symptoms jeff did, His was only staged 2 and had not spread, you say you have stage 3 but has yours spread. Yes chemo is hard and it attacked his lungs, is why he is having so much trouble. jeff had the hard surgery where William Marshall only had invasive, yes the stomach is pulled up in the chest, and yes you will have to have a feeding tube you will have no choice, but if my husband can do this at 45 you can do it too. Chemo sucks but it helped him get as far as he is now. Its not a easy road, at all but you will loose your hair but there is all kinds of dew rags out there, that is what he wears everywhere he goes. Recovery time is long very long, and I don't say your age, but if you work you need to plan on being off, when you start chemo you will go through lots of mouth sores you cant eat and all the things with it. There is a person on this site named "kitten" she was only 23 at the time of her diagnosis and with out her i wouldn't have gotten this far, please read her post she is very knowledgeable. William Marshall can lift your spirits when you are down and out.
    Kay I will be glad to help you in any way I can since i am going thru this with my husband
    Where do you Live? Also, there is a chat place you can go in and chat with people of all kinds it is really helpful too. Just remember at least yours is operable there is alot out there that they can't even operate on.

Keep your chin up and continue on, and know I am here just send me a private message if you want or post one here.

Take care
    Lori aka MOE