Conference call list!!!

Options
Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey everyone....tomorrow is the conference call. Who plans on being there? Can we maybe get a list together of what we would like to ask? :) Pammy

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    I am!!!!!!!
    But I have an appointment at 1pm for a doppler scan. If I have the time zones right I'll be here for the first 30-45 mins... Fingers crossed 'Eh?

Gi fs back......Live voice chat in the chat rooms..........Chemo brain kicking in......can't think of anything else.. Thanks for the thread tho......See (hear) you all tomorrow......Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    You Mean We Aren't Discussing Band Names and Tour Dates????
    There are so many of us invited, that by the time we all say "Hello, Greta" and find out who else is there and say hello to each other ( this is starting to sound like an AA meeting!) the hour will be over~ so, having done a few of these in the past coupla years, I think I will fly by the seat of my pants and see what happens! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    chenheart said:

You Mean We Aren't Discussing Band Names and Tour Dates????
    There are so many of us invited, that by the time we all say "Hello, Greta" and find out who else is there and say hello to each other ( this is starting to sound like an AA meeting!) the hour will be over~ so, having done a few of these in the past coupla years, I think I will fly by the seat of my pants and see what happens! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia

training
    Wish I could call in but was just told today at work that we have a teleconference training from 9:30-1:30. I will try and make the next one.

I'm going to miss you all tomorrow on the call.
    I will be there in spirit.

Margo
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

training
    Wish I could call in but was just told today at work that we have a teleconference training from 9:30-1:30. I will try and make the next one.

I'm going to miss you all tomorrow on the call.
    I will be there in spirit.

Margo

LOL Claudia!
    Hello, My name is Tasha and I'm a alcoholic!........ "O.K...B1tch, siddown!".... NEXT?

Too funny! Thank you, I sure needed a laugh tonight.

Hugs jxxxxxxxx
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    conference call
    you mean to say we are going to discuss topics on this call? I thought it was so we could all hear each others voices for the first time. This isn't a meet and greet???? Darn. I will have to check the times, I have to drive into Pasadena tomorrow to do the autologous blood draw.(Needle as big as a ten penny nail..ouch.)
    =^..^=
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    cats_toy said:

conference call
    you mean to say we are going to discuss topics on this call? I thought it was so we could all hear each others voices for the first time. This isn't a meet and greet???? Darn. I will have to check the times, I have to drive into Pasadena tomorrow to do the autologous blood draw.(Needle as big as a ten penny nail..ouch.)
    =^..^=

I know Cat!
    I thought it was a meet and greet at first too.
    What is a autologous blood draw?
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Some Ideas:
    In addition to the individual search function, I thought I'd toss these ideas out there. You guys have been around a lot longer than I...know what is needed...what is likely...and what is not worth asking for, so I'll just toss them out and if you like one, bring it up - if not, disregard!

1 - Some navigation tools would be really nice. Either in the form of a HELP SECTION or little blurbs that pop up when you arrow on to places that just state what something is...like the Friends/Friend Of area (for example)

2 - Email/Messaging is really lost in the home page. It would make more sense (at least to me) to be in the My Account/About Me area. Or, perhaps it could be accessed in both places. The My Account Area just seems like the area that is the most intuitive place to go for anything specifically related to personal things.

3 - Another item might be tab with a little calendar in the About Me area that allows users to put up their schedules and or important personal dates if they choose - then, fellow users can glance at that if they are interested/curious. Could also double as a user tool if the user chooses to use that as their master calendar (keeping them coming to the site)!

4 - In the left hand corner on each post is the users name & photo. It would be really neat (and beneficial to responders) if there was a line (like on facebook) that says:
    "abcdefg is feeling....." - would give responders an immediate pulse check on where the poster is at mentally.

5 - In that same left hand corner area, it would be nice if there was an ability to somehow quickly & easily see the poster's diagnosis/stage, treatment plan, and any relevant information. Although this can be accessed by clicking on their name and reading through it, a quick glance blurb that pops up (when you arrow over the photo) with this info would be awesome. Could also include location. There are SO MANY amazing people on the boards that when you are new, it's hard to keep track of who's who in the zoo and where they are at!!!

6 - I noticed that someone suggested a way to easily identify new posts...perhaps with color - that's an awesome suggestion because when someone replies to someone's post, rather than replying to the original poster, it can get lost.

7 - It would be beneficial if there was a watch box (again, in the my account area) that would hold threads you (personally) are active in or watching. You could choose it the same way you choose to watch it now, only it could pop up in that watch area (contained within the website), rather than on a tool bar on your computer, and it could post how many new responses...just as it does on the main screen (only it would specifically be a list of threads you are personally watching).

8 - A PERMANENT, "WELCOME NEWCOMERS" thread that remains at the very top of the list of discussions would be wonderful. It could be a welcome thread that some of the veterans from the board compose with their welcomes, advice, encouragement, board etiquette guidance, etc.

The site is awesome (and, obviously working) the way it is so I don't want this list to seem like I don't think it is! But! If someone's tossing out a suggestion box, I can usually come up with something :-)

Have a great call!
    KC
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

I know Cat!
    I thought it was a meet and greet at first too.
    What is a autologous blood draw?

Autologous blood draw
    Patty, that is when you stockpile your own blood in case you need it during surgery.

=^..^=
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Autologous blood draw
    Patty, that is when you stockpile your own blood in case you need it during surgery.

=^..^=

Cat,
    I hope you don't! Will be thinking of you on that day...