Day 6 of Pammy's Rads

Options
Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everybody. Just came back from Rads and I am bumming out. Hubby and I had a spat over the hail damage and Insurance Company sending their person whom also does the repairs in the area. That's fine except I intend to get several estimates. I have never heard of this company and also I have the added expense of having several other layers of shingles removed before new can be put down. How do I know that I am getting the best price? I think that he is feeling sooooo stressed (me too) that we are having a difficult time talking about problems that would otherwise be handled differently. I felt bad because after he snapped at me (which is so rare) I refused to look at him. He would not let me get out of the car until I gave him a kiss and let him apologize. I still didn't say a word. I went in. I know my tech could tell I was not my usual self. When I was done this time she said the nurse needed to see me. I was all prepared with a speech thinking my tech was just concerned with my mood. Whew....all the nurse wanted to do was check my skin.
Which she says is looking pretty good. It's just a tad pink and stings a little, off and on, but nothing really happening yet. As for my hubby, he apologized several times. He's forgiven but I still feel like crap. Darn, what a crappy day this turned out to be. Guess you'll have those now and then, huh? :) Pammy

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    I know about times like those...
    times when you're so stressed out over something else that one of you ends up barking at the other over something you normally wouldn't! Oh yeah.
    We always seem to have those kind of discussions on our way to church and when we finally get there,I'm usually all teary eyed and he's pissed off or confused.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Twu Wuv, Mah-widge
    Well, you probably would have had that spat even if you weren't having rads, huh? But it wouldn't have affected you as badly if this conversation happened while you were drinking morning coffee before you headed out to the garden or something! And you did get an apology~ multiple ones, in fact! Stress is an odd thing, isn't it? When Reggie and I have a spat, it's usually because he is disappointed in or otherwise frustrated by his own daughters, and I am the one here to catch it. So, that one time that there is major traffic on the freeway, somehow it can be my fault . Know what I mean??? It's just an outlet for the Real Issues. Nothing to get our knickers in a twist about. Battles and Wars and all that...

For the record, I used to apolgize to my Ex~ and I meant it too.. I would say, "I'm really sorry about what happened this morning too"...and the UNSPOKEN part was "I'm really sorry that you are being such an *$*8$**^~" and that was the truth!! In your situation, you don't have to have the unspoken 2nd half of the conversation. You can be sorry too~ not for anything you did, but that the day didn't start out right...and isn't that true, too?? You are married to one of the Good Guys! But you knew that already!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    AWWWWWWWWW Honey
    I am so sorry you are having a crappy day. If I could I would give you a real hug instead of the virtual one I am sending your way.
    Huggs Honey
    tjhay
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Awe...crappy day.... it must
    Awe...crappy day.... it must be in the water... I think I drank some too... well good thing for cyber hugs.... here's one for you my friend.... glad that RADS are going well... sorry you were spatting with hubby.... yes stress is a definate inducer of snappiness....see... we really do... do things together...(wink)
  • traceyt
    traceyt Member Posts: 77
    Options
    :(
    Pammy
    Sorry to hear you had a crappy day :( The good news is tomorrow is another day and I know it will be better for you than today
    I do look so forward to your posts and responses you have such a way of making everyone feel good.
    SO....buck up little camper and lets make tomorrow a GREAT day :)
    ((hugs)) to ya
    Tracey
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    awwwww.....
    You all are the greatest!! Thanks for the insights and the much needed boost!! Hugs to all of you!! :) Pammy
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    traceyt said:

:(
    Pammy
    Sorry to hear you had a crappy day :( The good news is tomorrow is another day and I know it will be better for you than today
    I do look so forward to your posts and responses you have such a way of making everyone feel good.
    SO....buck up little camper and lets make tomorrow a GREAT day :)
    ((hugs)) to ya
    Tracey

Just remember tomorrow is a new day and all will be well. Like some of the others have said, sometimes furstration just gets miss directed, with so much going on.

Awwwwwwwwww I don't like to see Pammy down.:( See I found flowers just for you!!!!!

Chear Up Okay.

Aurora