Options
2»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    veronica said:

thanks you for the kind words
    I will be going into the hospital tomorrow for my blood transfusion.Can you tell my what are the good foods to eat as well to help my immune system.

You can talk to a
    You can talk to a nutritionist at the cancer center Veronica and they can help you out!

good luck
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    djteach said:

Hi Veronica,
    My name is

Hi Veronica,
    My name is Donna and I wanted you to know - from one stage 4 to another, that it's gonna be alright! I know how you felt when you heard the words stage 4. The first thing I want you to do is to throw out any statistic that tells you that you only have a 20% chance of living for 2-5 years. That statistic is not only old, it's wrong!!! I was diagnosed with stage 4 with mets in Aug. 2005. I am about to celebrate my 4th year with cancer. It first went after my vertebrae and is now in my right lung. Mets were stopped in my bones and I am only on tamoxifen for the lung mets. My tumor has not grown since I started the tamoxifen!!YEAH!! Your onc and you will find the right treatment plan for you, I just feel it.

I don't want you to feel that you have been given a death sentence with stage 4 because it is not!! I want you to know that you are not alone in this. The women and men on this board are wonderful and we will be with you every step of the way. I have my email address in my profile. Please feel free to use it any time. You are a strong woman and you can beat the beast.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

Hi Veronia and Welcome. I
    Hi Veronia and Welcome. I am so sorry. Please try to stay positive and lean on us for support and encouragment.

Hugs, Lex
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Hi Veronia and Welcome. I
    Hi Veronia and Welcome. I am so sorry. Please try to stay positive and lean on us for support and encouragment.

Hugs, Lex

Hi Veronica! I am so sorry!
    Hi Veronica! I am so sorry!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    RE said:

HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*
    Hello Veronica, these gals are right Stage 4 does not mean you cannot go forward. You sound much like I did some 12 years ago. I had finished treatment of stage 2 cancer and was getting my hair back when a lump appeared on my chest (not breast) it had moved to my chest wall and my sentinel lymph node. I too was told I was a stage 4 with less then 30 percent chance of long term survival....I beat the odds and you can too. I had an additional 18 rounds of chemo and ten more weeks of rads to kill it and it stayed dormant for 9 years. I did get it again in 07 but it was not related to the original two and I am quite happy to tell you I am still here and active. I go camping, ride my quad, go on a cruise every few years, play with my grandkids like there is no tomorrow and live life to the fullest. I know you are scared and you have every right to be but it is beatable and with every year that we survive it becomes even more beatable. We are in your corner Veronica and you are in my prayers!!!!

RE

RE is right; every single year brings more new amazing treatment discoveries that will help you. Stay strong, remember th mind/body connection.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    djteach said:

Hi Veronica,
    My name is

Hi Veronica,
    My name is Donna and I wanted you to know - from one stage 4 to another, that it's gonna be alright! I know how you felt when you heard the words stage 4. The first thing I want you to do is to throw out any statistic that tells you that you only have a 20% chance of living for 2-5 years. That statistic is not only old, it's wrong!!! I was diagnosed with stage 4 with mets in Aug. 2005. I am about to celebrate my 4th year with cancer. It first went after my vertebrae and is now in my right lung. Mets were stopped in my bones and I am only on tamoxifen for the lung mets. My tumor has not grown since I started the tamoxifen!!YEAH!! Your onc and you will find the right treatment plan for you, I just feel it.

I don't want you to feel that you have been given a death sentence with stage 4 because it is not!! I want you to know that you are not alone in this. The women and men on this board are wonderful and we will be with you every step of the way. I have my email address in my profile. Please feel free to use it any time. You are a strong woman and you can beat the beast.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

Donna, so happy to read that
    Donna, so happy to read that you are well and winning your battle! You are amazing and inspire me!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Donna, so happy to read that
    Donna, so happy to read that you are well and winning your battle! You are amazing and inspire me!

I am so sorry Veronica that
    I am so sorry Veronica that cancer came back. Recurrence is always in the back of my mind.

I am praying for you!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Kylez said:

I am so sorry Veronica that
    I am so sorry Veronica that cancer came back. Recurrence is always in the back of my mind.

I am praying for you!

Veronica, I am sorry. I
    Veronica, I am sorry.

We all worry that our cancer will come back, we all do.

I am so sad that it came back for you.

We are here to support and help you.

Please post and keep us updated on you.

Lots of hugs,

susie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    djteach said:

Hi Veronica,
    My name is

Hi Veronica,

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

Congrats Donna on 4 years!
    Congrats Donna on 4 years! That is wonderful!

Hugs,

Lex
  • veronica
    veronica Member Posts: 7
    Options
    djteach said:

Hi Veronica,
    My name is

Hi Veronica,

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

thanks for your thoughful words
    Hello Donna, Thank you for your words of encouragement. The only thing is that mine is triple negative so i wont be on tamoxifen. but God will see me through cause i have is grace mercy and strength to lean on. That's why i will not give up
  • veronica
    veronica Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for Lifting my Spirits
    To everyone who posted a msg thanks for lifting my spirits. I overnight in the hospital last week Thursday to get and blood transfusion. and i had a blood test today to make sure all blood counts are up so i can have my Chemo on Thursday.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Hi Veronica
    I also had taxotere/carboplaten and my blood count was very low. We tested it every week and it would go up a little then back down. My oncolgoist put me on Folic Acid and within 2 weeks it was within normal range. Maybe you should ask your onco if this will help too? I'm sorry your BC has reoccurred, and will keep you in my prayers. Good luck tomorrow.
    Pat
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Veronica
    sorry to be so late in welcoming you, sorry for the recurrence, but as I see so many have already posted, there are a lot of stage 4's here.
    Not much else I can add, but just keep fighting.
    Cat
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    veronica said:

To everyone who posted a msg thanks for lifting my spirits. I overnight in the hospital last week Thursday to get and blood transfusion. and i had a blood test today to make sure all blood counts are up so i can have my Chemo on Thursday.

Welcome, veronica
    I'm glad you found us, though regret the reason. Will be hoping your counts are up, so that you can begin treatment as scheduled.

Visit us often, whenever you need or would like to.

Best wishes to you.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    So Sorry
    I am so, so, so, sorry to hear your news. We are all here for you. I have had transfusions before. They are not too bad if the nurse knows what she is doing and gets you in one stick. Hydrate yourself before this is done.

Good Luck
  • Kylez
    Options
    veronica said:

Hi Veronica! So glad if any
    Hi Veronica! So glad if any of our postings made you feel better! That is what they are for! Was your blood test today ok? Are you starting chemo tomorrow?

I am praying for you Veronica! Please take care and keep us updated!

Hugs,

Kylez
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

So Sorry
    I am so, so, so, sorry to hear your news. We are all here for you. I have had transfusions before. They are not too bad if the nurse knows what she is doing and gets you in one stick. Hydrate yourself before this is done.

Good Luck

Apparently now, it has been
    Apparently now, it has been proven that you double your risk of a recurrence if you take Tamoxifen with certain antidepressants. I hope anyone in this situation, talks to and questions their oncologist thouroughly!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Apparently now, it has been
    Apparently now, it has been proven that you double your risk of a recurrence if you take Tamoxifen with certain antidepressants. I hope anyone in this situation, talks to and questions their oncologist thouroughly!

Welcome
    Welcome Veronica to this site which none of us want to belong but we do so others came get through this point in their life and start to live again in one way or another. Whether it is to give hope, experiences, advice or a shoulder to cry on or ears to listen.

I am truly sorry of the reoccurance you have but you will survive as many have and are on this site.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • Kylez
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Hi Veronica
    I also had taxotere/carboplaten and my blood count was very low. We tested it every week and it would go up a little then back down. My oncolgoist put me on Folic Acid and within 2 weeks it was within normal range. Maybe you should ask your onco if this will help too? I'm sorry your BC has reoccurred, and will keep you in my prayers. Good luck tomorrow.
    Pat

Veronica, there are several
    Veronica, there are several Stage 4's here and they are doing fine. I hope that they will post on here to give you encouragement.

Recurrence's are always in our minds. Just put it in the back though.

♥Kylez♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Welcome
    Welcome Veronica to this site which none of us want to belong but we do so others came get through this point in their life and start to live again in one way or another. Whether it is to give hope, experiences, advice or a shoulder to cry on or ears to listen.

I am truly sorry of the reoccurance you have but you will survive as many have and are on this site.

Hugs,
    Margo

Hope to see you post again
    Hope to see you post again Veronica and let us know how you are doing.