You Are All Awesome!!!!

Options
woodsygal
woodsygal Member Posts: 64
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All,

I am so thrilled with the ones whom have replied to me!! I got some good tips on hair. See, my red hair was my best feature to me! But, today being 90 plus degrees, I had to put it all up and was thinking, maybe bald isn't so bad after all!!! LOL!! I am sooo much better today, and I really believe that it is because I joined this discussion board.

I got out my BC book last night and went through it and filled in the parts that I needed to update my progress!! Yes, progress!!!! I got a copy of my pathological report and the book really helped me decipher the many things. Tho, it is a more aggressive Cancer, it is estrogen and progesteron fueled. One of the better ones to have chosen me.

I also left a message with a BC survivor whom is also a therapist, wonderful!!!! I have signed up for a free makeup class this month at my hospital, wow, look out Hollywood!!! I have residents looking at wig magazines at work. They are so funny, "I think a French do would suit you". So hilarious!! I work in a residential home for the elderly, and they are ALL involved in my diagnosis! I have been nothing but very open!!

Well off the walk the boys!! Then walk to work, it isn't bad, only two miles! Enjoy All and The best!! Carlie

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    You are no less awesome than
    You are no less awesome than any of us in here~ we are Kindred Spirits surrounding one another through this maze called cancer! It is obvious from your post that not only are you taking charge of your own life, you are availing yourself of the goodness and positive energy of those around you whether on these boards or at work....way to go!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    I can hear your positive nature and your strength in your post, that alone will carry you far! I am glad you have such wonderful folks around you giving your "wig tips" and just plain being supportive. Claudia is absolutely right, we are all in this together and we will be here for you.

Hugs,

RE
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    You are awesome as well, woodsygal
    Chiming in with Claudia. Your upbeat and positive attitude will be of great help as you travel forward on your journey.

Glad you have support right there beside you, too. The elderly residents you care for, the unconditional love from your beloved "boys" - your dogs. (Lotsa pet lovers amongst us - dogs, cats, birds, even horses.)

Someone is always "here" - visit often, keep us posted.
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    You sound like you're doing GREAT
    given the circumstances! Good for you! And with you being that active now-it will definately help you I think when you go through treatment!
    Sometimes you've got to do what you're doing and look for the positive even through all the negative if you can.
  • Christmas Girl
    Options

You sound like you're doing GREAT
    given the circumstances! Good for you! And with you being that active now-it will definately help you I think when you go through treatment!
    Sometimes you've got to do what you're doing and look for the positive even through all the negative if you can.

woodsygal & outdoorgirl...
    Hmmm... I'm wondering if you two have a lot in common?

Kind regards, Susan
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Glad you're doing well
    I didn't see your original post, but it sounds like these wonderful ladies came through yet again. Keep posting. You're doing great.
  • outdoorgirl
    Options

Kind regards, Susan

Susan
    I kind of wondered the same thing the first time I saw her name!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

Kind regards, Susan

It occurs to me...
    And I am certain that both Woodsy and Outdoor are ( you ready??) Outstanding in their Fields!!

Humble Hugs and Apologies,
    Claudia
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    RE said:

I can hear your positive nature and your strength in your post, that alone will carry you far! I am glad you have such wonderful folks around you giving your "wig tips" and just plain being supportive. Claudia is absolutely right, we are all in this together and we will be here for you.

Hugs,

RE

You are so positive. We
    You are so positive. We need that here. Thanks!
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    I also went to a makeup
    I also went to a makeup class at a local hospital...Look Good Feel Better. Lots of free higher end cosmetics, about 10 other women at various points in treatment, wigs and scarves to try....The group thought a bright red Lucy Ricardo style wig was 'me'...anyway it was fun and while my daughter got a lot of new makeup...it was my first exposure to the power of women fighting this disease....

This site is another...

Welcome Woodsygal,

Jojo
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    chenheart said:

It occurs to me...
    And I am certain that both Woodsy and Outdoor are ( you ready??) Outstanding in their Fields!!

Claudia

Kindred Spirit...
    Your funny cleverness is always appreciated!

Please, no apologies! :-)

Kind regards, 12/25
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

It occurs to me...

Claudia

Oh Claudia... where do you
    Oh Claudia... where do you find your quick whit... mine seems to be stuck in slug mode...lol

~T
  • woodsygal
    Options
    chenheart said:

It occurs to me...

Claudia

Yes......We are both outstanding....
    Thank you Claudia for the humor!! I love it. I am a fitness trainer also, but, got sidelined with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Just when I was given the okay to hit the gym hard again, along came Ms. Cancer!! Hmmmm!! No way is that going to keep me down. After I had my lumpectomy and axillary node thingy, I spent the night in the hospital, it was fun, talking "stupid" (thanks to the after effects of anesthesia), with my kids into the night. No pain meds, tho, the drain was a pain in the ---!! I was so excited to graduate from a stretchy bra to a regular one. Milestone!!!!! Also, a little humor back at ya.....After I had my biopsy, I was in bed that night reading a book when my puppy started to sniff around the bandage, didn't think much of it until he took a bite. I was calm, just got up and took a couple tylenol. I had a lovely "puppy sized bite mark bruise" all around the site. My surgeon said to me...Bet that got your attention!! I feel sorry (NOT) for my surgeon with all my stories. I really do have an interesting and funny life. My puppy loved the drain too, that was a challenge trying to pin that up, I do not know how many times I forgot it was pinned to my shorts until I had to use the rest room and you get the picture....owww! I love my animals so much, nothing they do upsets me. I look back and it was sooo funny!!! No apologies okay? You are sweet!! Carlie
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    woodsygal said:

Yes......We are both outstanding....
    Thank you Claudia for the humor!! I love it. I am a fitness trainer also, but, got sidelined with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Just when I was given the okay to hit the gym hard again, along came Ms. Cancer!! Hmmmm!! No way is that going to keep me down. After I had my lumpectomy and axillary node thingy, I spent the night in the hospital, it was fun, talking "stupid" (thanks to the after effects of anesthesia), with my kids into the night. No pain meds, tho, the drain was a pain in the ---!! I was so excited to graduate from a stretchy bra to a regular one. Milestone!!!!! Also, a little humor back at ya.....After I had my biopsy, I was in bed that night reading a book when my puppy started to sniff around the bandage, didn't think much of it until he took a bite. I was calm, just got up and took a couple tylenol. I had a lovely "puppy sized bite mark bruise" all around the site. My surgeon said to me...Bet that got your attention!! I feel sorry (NOT) for my surgeon with all my stories. I really do have an interesting and funny life. My puppy loved the drain too, that was a challenge trying to pin that up, I do not know how many times I forgot it was pinned to my shorts until I had to use the rest room and you get the picture....owww! I love my animals so much, nothing they do upsets me. I look back and it was sooo funny!!! No apologies okay? You are sweet!! Carlie

Woodsygal,
    I am definately not a fitness trainer-not even close!!I just love the outdoors and loved it even more so before I was diagnosed in 07. My stamina has taken a nose dive.
    That's weird about your dog biting you on your incision-I wonder why?!
  • woodsygal
    Options

Woodsygal,
    I am definately not a fitness trainer-not even close!!I just love the outdoors and loved it even more so before I was diagnosed in 07. My stamina has taken a nose dive.
    That's weird about your dog biting you on your incision-I wonder why?!

My pup...
    My surgeon told me that my pup could smell the discharge on the bandage and it was instinctive to "take care of me and clean me up). But, he got carried away!!!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    woodsygal said:

My pup...
    My surgeon told me that my pup could smell the discharge on the bandage and it was instinctive to "take care of me and clean me up). But, he got carried away!!!

That makes
    sense,but ewww!