Soy and Vitamin D

Options
Jadie
Jadie Member Posts: 723
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I noticed that my Vitamin D had soy added. I ask my Oncologist about it and he told me it was fine as long as I wasn't getting soy in any other form because it was such a small amount in the pills. Guess I will start taking them again.

Any other thoughts?

Jadie<3

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    It is like the other post
    It is like the other post said, there is now way you can eliminate all soy from your diet. It isn't possible. And, any oncologist knows that. Good luck Jadie!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Soy, etc
    Seriously, my "touchstone" as it were, is to ask my oncologist not just what he thinks is safe and beneficial for me, but how would he advise his mom, his wife, or his daughter??? And, assuming he indeed loves these females in his life, I trust his judgement on how I should proceed with mine! At least insofar as Cancer is concerned...

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Soy
    Jadie,
    There's another recent thread out from a few days ago regarding Soy. I'll bump it up, as many people had good thoughts, etc.

I'm not certain about vitamins but I have seen many in here discourage vits with Soy...
    KC
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Soy, etc
    Seriously, my "touchstone" as it were, is to ask my oncologist not just what he thinks is safe and beneficial for me, but how would he advise his mom, his wife, or his daughter??? And, assuming he indeed loves these females in his life, I trust his judgement on how I should proceed with mine! At least insofar as Cancer is concerned...

Hugs,
    Claudia

Once again...
    I share your method, Kindred Spirit. And, when I wanted a solid recommendation for a new ob/gyne - I asked my onc's NURSE where he sends his wife. Etc. ...

My dad recently endured several surgeries - not far apart. Pulled his surgeon out into the hall, and asked HIM same sorta question: would he operate NOW on if his own father?

Great tip for all - thanks for sharing.

Kind regards, 12/25
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Soy
    Jadie,
    There's another recent thread out from a few days ago regarding Soy. I'll bump it up, as many people had good thoughts, etc.

I'm not certain about vitamins but I have seen many in here discourage vits with Soy...
    KC

Yes, Jadie, there is another
    Yes, Jadie, there is another thread going on this.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Yes, Jadie, there is another
    Yes, Jadie, there is another thread going on this.

I apologise
    I hadn't been on in a while and am a bit behind on the threads. Guess I am one that would never be missed if I dissappeared from this site. Again I am sorry for posting about soy. I just thought that I would share what my onc told me.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Jadie said:

I apologise
    I hadn't been on in a while and am a bit behind on the threads. Guess I am one that would never be missed if I dissappeared from this site. Again I am sorry for posting about soy. I just thought that I would share what my onc told me.

Thanks Jadie
    Glad you did! It's tough to catch up, isn't it? Don't apologize though, this sorta stuff happens. :) Pammy
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Jadie said:

I apologise

Jadie!
    Please do not apologize for sharing information! and you ARE missed when you don't post, you just miss those posts.....he he. The thread was about soy, but not about vitamin D. We seem to have a problem with D during and after our treatments, and the only reason I found out is I went to the RA doc because of some swelling in my hand, and he tested my D levels, which were about a 4. Very, very low. and I would want to know if my D's (not my boobs... anymore) had soy, so thank you for the info.

=^..^=
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Jadie!
    Please do not apologize for sharing information! and you ARE missed when you don't post, you just miss those posts.....he he. The thread was about soy, but not about vitamin D. We seem to have a problem with D during and after our treatments, and the only reason I found out is I went to the RA doc because of some swelling in my hand, and he tested my D levels, which were about a 4. Very, very low. and I would want to know if my D's (not my boobs... anymore) had soy, so thank you for the info.

=^..^=

Jadie
    No, I apologize that I somehow made you feel as if you needed to. I just wanted to give you a heads up that there was another thread out there that might have additional information...and maybe you had already seen it.

Sorry.
    KC
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Jadie said:

I apologise

Jadie! Of course you would
    Jadie! Of course you would be missed~ we are all only as strong as each other! And of course your lovely picture which makes me smile everytime I see it~ OMG it is a mirror image of me! :-)

If I had the time to read every post, thread, question, answer, etc etc, my pile of laundry would be even higher than it already is! So of course we will overlap with our info... I consider it a blessing that you posted about VitaminD/Soy~ I read it AND the other Soy thread. In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much information designed to keep us healthy and vibrant!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Jadie! Of course you would
    Jadie! Of course you would be missed~ we are all only as strong as each other! And of course your lovely picture which makes me smile everytime I see it~ OMG it is a mirror image of me! :-)

If I had the time to read every post, thread, question, answer, etc etc, my pile of laundry would be even higher than it already is! So of course we will overlap with our info... I consider it a blessing that you posted about VitaminD/Soy~ I read it AND the other Soy thread. In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much information designed to keep us healthy and vibrant!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Hey, Jadie!
    Just chimin' in with Pammy, Cat, KC and Claudia. :-)

Kind regards, Susan