Hey Lucy.... I'm Home....

Options
taleena
taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well... reluctantly I am back at home... I didn't want to leave the mountains of Washington or my family there... we had such a wonderful time! Why is it that it seems to take forever for your vacation to roll around and then when it does it seems to slip by way too fast?

I've spent the last two days catching up on all the happenings here... So much has gone on, and I'm not going to mention anyones names, because I don't want to leave anyone out...

So let me start by welcoming all the new members that have joined while I was away... I know you have discovered how wonderful the people on this site are, how supportive this site is, how questions get answered and how we continue to enjoy life in the midst of chaois.

I have seen that some have completed treatments!! WAHOO WAY TO GO!! So happy it is behind you.. I have seen where some have started their treatments, some are in the midst... hang in there you are all in my thoughts, and prayers..

I have seen some need comfort and compassion, and others need a quick kick in the arse... (lol) the jokes that have passed, the recipes post... have to go back to that one... and I need to join the losers program.... am I too late??? Can I still join???

Tomorrow I meet with my oncologist... time for more test results and more treatment discussions... I will keep you posted!

To all my Daft Sods... I have missed you guys.... I love you guys.... can I come home now???

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Glad you are home and even
    Glad you are home and even more glad that you had a great wonderful visit to Washington and with family. We missed you too. Never too late to join us in anything so hop on the weight loss wagon.
    Stef
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Welcome home!!
    Even though you left Washington reluctantly, it's very good to have you back!!

Hugs,

CR
  • taleena
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Welcome home!!
    Even though you left Washington reluctantly, it's very good to have you back!!

Hugs,

CR

Thanks CR and Stef... I've
    Thanks CR and Stef... I've really missed you guys... okay.. time to run down and jump on the... gulp... scale..

Here's cyber hugs to you!

~T
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Thanks CR and Stef... I've
    Thanks CR and Stef... I've really missed you guys... okay.. time to run down and jump on the... gulp... scale..

Here's cyber hugs to you!

~T

No need to tell us your
    No need to tell us your weight or even what you want to lose, just give Pammy your loss or gain on Sunday. We are all encouraging each other. Just make sure it is okay with your doctors to start weight loss when you are still in treatments.
    Stef
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    TALEENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So happy you made it back and in one piece!! Of course you can join us....Please, please, please join us (jumping up & down now!!!). You see, if I can convince you to join us, then I can whoop your butt and even the score!! Seeing how you won the last contest we had! (wink, wink). Now that I am ahead of you in treatment, I will also be one week ahead of you in the Greatest Losers!! Oh, wait, I think I eneded up a (0) on the final tally. Shoot, that means we're starting out even. OK, no cheating this time missy!! Can ya tell I missed you? Good luck tomorrow. I will have my fingers crossed for you. Post and let us know as soon as you find out anything!!!!! :) Pammy

PS) I am thinking I may sweeten the pot a little and pay for the runner up to indulge in their very own pint container of my favorite "Chunky Monkey" ice-cream as a reward!!!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    T
    you're back!!
    I just got back from the beautiful mountains of Washington,myself!
    Hope your visit with your onc goes well tomorrow.
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options

T
    you're back!!

welcome home
    welcome home, you were missed, oh so very much
    happy smiles
    tjhay
  • taleena
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

TALEENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So happy you made it back and in one piece!! Of course you can join us....Please, please, please join us (jumping up & down now!!!). You see, if I can convince you to join us, then I can whoop your butt and even the score!! Seeing how you won the last contest we had! (wink, wink). Now that I am ahead of you in treatment, I will also be one week ahead of you in the Greatest Losers!! Oh, wait, I think I eneded up a (0) on the final tally. Shoot, that means we're starting out even. OK, no cheating this time missy!! Can ya tell I missed you? Good luck tomorrow. I will have my fingers crossed for you. Post and let us know as soon as you find out anything!!!!! :) Pammy

PS) I am thinking I may sweeten the pot a little and pay for the runner up to indulge in their very own pint container of my favorite "Chunky Monkey" ice-cream as a reward!!!

Hey there Pammy! I missed
    Hey there Pammy! I missed you too! I am a little concerned though, as I sit here, I know that as a friend, I do need to tell you that since I left, well.... um... how do I say this delicately?.... You've changed a little... okay not a little... more like a lot... sweety... those rads have caused severe hair folicle activity... and well your eyes just aren't the same color... not that I don't still love you... I do... but geezzz.... get those clippers out...lol..

Hugs

~T

PS..."Chunky Monkey"... I'm in for at least runner up status..
  • taleena
    Options

T
    you're back!!

Hi... OD (is that right
    Hi... OD (is that right now??).. Thanks for the well wishes for todays appointment... where in WA did you go?? I love the Northwest... it will always be home to me!

Hugs
    ~T
  • taleena
    Options
    tjhay said:

welcome home
    welcome home, you were missed, oh so very much
    happy smiles
    tjhay

Hey TJ I saw where you were
    Hey TJ I saw where you were having a couple of rough days... I do hope you are in much better spirits... I missed you!!!

Hugs..
    ~T
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Hi... OD (is that right
    Hi... OD (is that right now??).. Thanks for the well wishes for todays appointment... where in WA did you go?? I love the Northwest... it will always be home to me!

Hugs
    ~T

Hey Taleena, Welcome back,
    Hey Taleena, Welcome back, best of luck with onc appt.
  • taleena
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Hey Taleena, Welcome back,
    Hey Taleena, Welcome back, best of luck with onc appt.

Hey Kat thank you! I've
    Hey Kat thank you! I've missed you and noticed that though I have seen a couple posts from you, there were not too many... I was wondering how your doing... hang in there.. you have been in my prayers and thoughts...

Hugs

~T
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Hey Kat thank you! I've
    Hey Kat thank you! I've missed you and noticed that though I have seen a couple posts from you, there were not too many... I was wondering how your doing... hang in there.. you have been in my prayers and thoughts...

Hugs

~T

Hey Taleena
    I'm a little late in welcoming you back, but non the lees am glad you are. Did you watch a couple sunsets for me? Did you get any pictures. Please share when you have time, as you can see so much happens when your gone! I'm talking about Pammy, did you see what they did to her?

Take care and good luck with you appointment

Aurora
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    taleena said:

Hi... OD (is that right

Hugs
    ~T

Hey T
    OD is right. I was born in Walla Walla(Eastern Wa),and I've lived in Auburn,Tacoma,have family in Auburn and Puyallup,and Everett(Western Wa).I love the Northwest too and was convinced that I would have never left had I not met my husband who is military(though I wouldn't take that back for anything).
    How did today's appointment go?
  • taleena
    Options

Hey T
    OD is right. I was born in Walla Walla(Eastern Wa),and I've lived in Auburn,Tacoma,have family in Auburn and Puyallup,and Everett(Western Wa).I love the Northwest too and was convinced that I would have never left had I not met my husband who is military(though I wouldn't take that back for anything).
    How did today's appointment go?

OD... hum... I think I like
    OD... hum... I think I like it... by the way Auburn, Tacoma, Puyallup and Renton... all my old stomping ground... miss it bunches... as for todays appointment just see thread titled Drip Dry Lapels

hugs

`t
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    taleena said:

OD... hum... I think I like
    OD... hum... I think I like it... by the way Auburn, Tacoma, Puyallup and Renton... all my old stomping ground... miss it bunches... as for todays appointment just see thread titled Drip Dry Lapels

hugs

`t

Yeah I
    read. I'm sorry about the bad news.Don't let the bad news trip you up for too long though-you can do this!! It's just going to be harder than you thought...
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Good to See You Back
    Welcome home, Taleena! I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping for good test results. You will be glad, I know, to finally get to treatment decisions.