Has anyone heard of Kinoko Gold AHCC

Options
Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was told to check with my onc about this. This over the counter drug is to help flush the chemo out. Has anyone used this. I hear its good stuff, but I will check it out with onc.

Comments

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    HAVE NOT
    Sorry I never have heard of this. Keep us posted!!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Katt
    havn't heard about that either. But good ol' H2O works well too!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    It's Japanese mushroom
    It's Japanese mushroom extract. I don't have any personal experience with this. But I don't believe it.
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Interesting
    Kat,
    When you find out more from your onco, could you let us know about it?
    Thanks!
    KC
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Always be very careful...
    ... About these types of products. ALWAYS seek your onc's approval. Some of these types of supplements can actually interact with the chemo drugs, REDUCING effectiveness. Good grief, no one wants that!

As far as "flushing" the system, I was adamantly instructed - not a mere recommendation - to drink copious amounts of water daily (still do). In addition, the hydration also helps to get the drugs everywhere throughout the system - which is the goal of chemo as systemic therapy.

Kind regards, Susan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Always be very careful...
    ... About these types of products. ALWAYS seek your onc's approval. Some of these types of supplements can actually interact with the chemo drugs, REDUCING effectiveness. Good grief, no one wants that!

As far as "flushing" the system, I was adamantly instructed - not a mere recommendation - to drink copious amounts of water daily (still do). In addition, the hydration also helps to get the drugs everywhere throughout the system - which is the goal of chemo as systemic therapy.

Kind regards, Susan

Check with your doctor Kat.
    Check with your doctor Kat. I have never heard of it.