Finally~ it's Monday!

Options
chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know you will understand why I didn't have time to answer the "weekend plans" question, I was tooo busy! I haven't had time for conference calls, live watching of the Tour De Lance, or even proper eating! I never thought a Monday would be a relief, but it is...
Nothing bad happened, but just a lot of things going-on! We just had 5 of my family members visiting from France and that was a wonderful time...and then this weekend happened!

Quick re-cap, my "niece-daughter" left for 3 weeks in Germany, Hungary, Switzerland and Venice on Saturday morning, and Reggie and I took her to LAX, which is USUALLY a 2 hour drive. The Pacific Coast Highway, which is the route we drive, had more cars and people than I have seen in probably 30 years. Well, duh! The surf was at a pretty much all time peak, and there were tourists, looky-loos and surfers as far as the eye could see. So many surfers in the water that they looked like pods of dolphins ( which also frolic in our waters). The 2 hour drive took over FOUR, and my niece had to run to catch her plane!

Thankfully the trip back was smooth sailing, and we made it back in a bit over 2 1/2 hours. Reggie was going to a special once a year celebration on the Reservation that evening; it is a healing ceremony, with drums, native songs, a big bonfire, and healing men...it is called the Bear Ceremony, and the elders who do this wear actual bear skins, and invite those who want a healing, be it phyical, emotional, or spiritual to join them as they circle the fire. Reggie had the honor to introducing The Bears and leading them to the fire and dancing with them. It is a special night, and we see some many of our friends who travel from afar to participate. The ceremony lasted until after midnight, and are you ready??? Reggie invited ELEVEN people, who were prepared to sleep in thier cars to spend the night at our house! LOL So, out came the air mattresses, the futons, the camping cots, pillows, blankets, etc. Our house was wall to wall people! The next morning, I fixed breakfast for the masses, and about 10 AM all headed to the beach as Reggie and friends are also part of a Native Traditional Paddling group and they had a practice at the harbor in preparation for the annual ocean voyage the Tribe makes in September.

Sunday evening was a winding down from the busy weekend, and I hit my bed at about 10PM after a nice long shower. I had every intention of waking up early this( I am always an early riser, as I am usually doing my 6 miles by 5:30 in the morning) and I woke up to Reggie bringing me breakfast at 7:45!!!

So, I am happy today is Monday! Though the weekend was a lot of fun, and the house filled with people and laughing and all visiting was nice, but I would be less than honest if I didn't say that the quiet Monday morning is sooo nice! LOL
If there only weren't bedding and towels to wash today! Oh well! LOL

Hugs,
Clauadia

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    It ALL sounds wonderful...
    Well, except for the very long trip to LAX.

Egads, Kindred Spirit! WHERE do you get your energy?!? :-)

Not surprised you opened your home, and your heart, to others.

After a weekend like yours, I'd need a full week to recover!

Kind regards, 12/25
  • chenheart
    Options

It ALL sounds wonderful...
    Well, except for the very long trip to LAX.

Egads, Kindred Spirit! WHERE do you get your energy?!? :-)

Not surprised you opened your home, and your heart, to others.

After a weekend like yours, I'd need a full week to recover!

Kind regards, 12/25

Energy????
    I never thought about it having anything to do with energy, actually...if I equated the two things, I probably wouldn't get out of bed! LOL It's just, when the invitation is made, what does one do? Say no? Be pissy? Or throw down matresses and make breakfast? HA HA!

I suppose the nice thing is; Reggie is so generous, and people actually want to stay here when asked! So, at the proverbial end of the day, it's all good! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!
    A weekend filled with family and friends you are very blessed, and then breakfast in bed to boot!!!! Lucky Lady I say!

Hugs,

RE
  • chenheart
    Options
    RE said:

How wonderful!
    A weekend filled with family and friends you are very blessed, and then breakfast in bed to boot!!!! Lucky Lady I say!

Hugs,

RE

You are right, RE~ I am
    You are right, RE~ I am lucky...as long as I remember to remember that! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

You are right, RE~ I am
    You are right, RE~ I am lucky...as long as I remember to remember that! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia

very interesting
    I found your weekend tale very interesting. I bet it was lovely. but I do know what you mean about peace and quite, good thing we can appreciate all...the friends, fun and laughter...followed by a nice breakfast in bed (I'm jealous) and a peaceful Mon. morning.
    hugs, jackie
  • chenheart
    Options
    rjjj said:

very interesting
    I found your weekend tale very interesting. I bet it was lovely. but I do know what you mean about peace and quite, good thing we can appreciate all...the friends, fun and laughter...followed by a nice breakfast in bed (I'm jealous) and a peaceful Mon. morning.
    hugs, jackie

Yes, my weekend tale was
    Yes, my weekend tale was interesting, wasn't it!? Always something happening, it seems, to keep me on my toes. And also keep my house clean, just in case! HA

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    chenheart said:

Yes, my weekend tale was
    Yes, my weekend tale was interesting, wasn't it!? Always something happening, it seems, to keep me on my toes. And also keep my house clean, just in case! HA

Hugs,
    Claudia

Claudia
    Did you remember I am arriving tomorrow?

LOLOL... Hugs jxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • chenheart
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Claudia
    Did you remember I am arriving tomorrow?

LOLOL... Hugs jxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ya know, that little detail
    Ya know, that little detail slipped my mind~ would it be too much of an inconvenience if you postponed your visit until next week??? Thanks, Turquoise One!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    chenheart said:

Ya know, that little detail
    Ya know, that little detail slipped my mind~ would it be too much of an inconvenience if you postponed your visit until next week??? Thanks, Turquoise One!

Hugs,
    Claudia

O.K
    Next week will probably fit better into my 'Social Diary' as well as yours.....LOL

Hugs to you and reggie Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx