Options
2»

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Daledj85 said:

No side effects - not metabolizing???
    I have never heard that if there were no side effects that it was not being metabolized. I informed the MD at each visit that I had no side effects and was told that was ok the Rx is still working. Just as not everyone has the same effects during menopause not everyone will have side effects. I was scared to start it because of the side effect warnings so I understand your concern.

Some have found that they
    Some have found that they don't metabolize tamoxifen, and therefore, it does nothing good for them. There is a test that your oncologist can do for you that will tell you if you do or not. I think it is called CYP 2D6.

The theory is if you have absolutely no side effects from it, that you aren't metabolizing it. That is sometimes when the oncologist's do that test, to see.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Daledj85 said:

No I don't mind you asking.
    No I don't mind you asking. I found an enlarged lymph node just above the collar bone. It was excised and biopsied. The result was "breast cancer cells" so the MD needed to go back and re-excise axillary lymph nodes.

Did you have radiation
    Did you have radiation treatments there before Daledj? Mine were given that high.

Susie
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Hi Daledj. I am wondering
    Hi Daledj. I am wondering too, why 3 years later would they test your lymph nodes?

Thanks

Lex

What did you have done 3
    What did you have done 3 years ago Daledj? Lumpectomy, mastectomy, rads, chemo?

Wishing you good luck!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Are you doing ok on Arimidex
    Are you doing ok on Arimidex then Lili?

Tamox is scary stuff.

Thanks

Lex

I am probably not going to
    I am probably not going to take tamox, at all.
  • martharuiz
    martharuiz Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I take Tamoxifen also but
    I take Tamoxifen also but once a day. I just started taking it about four weeks after having a mastectomy done the end of June. I take it at night and have not had any side effects so far.

Martha
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

I take Tamoxifen also but
    I take Tamoxifen also but once a day. I just started taking it about four weeks after having a mastectomy done the end of June. I take it at night and have not had any side effects so far.

Martha

That is great Martha! I
    That is great Martha! I hope it continues!

And, welcome to the site!

Lex
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

That is great Martha! I
    That is great Martha! I hope it continues!

And, welcome to the site!

Lex

Read the thread that Mimi just posted today about tamox and antidepressants. If you are on certain antidepressants, it doubles your chance of a recurrence.
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    Kylez said:

Read the thread that Mimi just posted today about tamox and antidepressants. If you are on certain antidepressants, it doubles your chance of a recurrence.

So, most of you aren't on
    So, most of you aren't on tamox and the ones that are have no side effects? Doesn't that mean that you aren't metabolizing it then? Did all of you have the cy test to see if you metabolize it?