help in getting breast implants after breast cancer

Options
kitt5671
kitt5671 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i was just wondering if there was any help available for ppl that cant afford to get a breast implant done,i thought that posting on here would find me an answer,thank you!

Comments

• ritazimm
    ritazimm Member Posts: 171
    Options
    implant help
    If you have insurance............they HAVE to pay for the implants/reconsturction. It's the LAW! :)

If not, I'm sorry to say that I do not know. :(

God bless,
    Rita
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Cancer or cosmetic???
    Hello Kitt. You do not indicate in your post if you are looking for an implant due to Breast Cancer or just for cosmetic reasons. We can better answer your question if we knew. :) Pammy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Rita is right, if you have
    Rita is right, if you have insurance, they do have to pay for it. And, since you are on this

site posting, and, from the title of your thread, I assume it is because you have bc. Check

with the ACS and see if they can

help you and contact the local hospitals and plastic surgeons. Some of them will do it for

free if you cannot pay for it. There are some wonderful people out there, just do some

calling and checking.

Good Luck!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Rita is right, if you have
    Rita is right, if you have insurance, they do have to pay for it. And, since you are on this

site posting, and, from the title of your thread, I assume it is because you have bc. Check

with the ACS and see if they can

help you and contact the local hospitals and plastic surgeons. Some of them will do it for

free if you cannot pay for it. There are some wonderful people out there, just do some

calling and checking.

Good Luck!

Hi there and welcome. I had
    Hi there and welcome. I had a lumpectomy so I don't know a lot about breast implants, but, I am sure that your insurance has to pay for them, if you want them. But, I also think there is a time limit. But, I think that is a few years.

And, most hospitals will help a person with finances in anyway if you just contact them and go over everything with them.

Wishing you good luck!

Kylez :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kitt! Your
    Welcome Kitt! Your insurance will have to pay for implants or reconstruction. And, like they said, if you don't have insurance, contact the hospital and see if they can help with offering the surgery to you for free.

Diane
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Welcome Kitt! Your
    Welcome Kitt! Your insurance will have to pay for implants or reconstruction. And, like they said, if you don't have insurance, contact the hospital and see if they can help with offering the surgery to you for free.

Diane

Hi Kitt and welcome to the
    Hi Kitt and welcome to the site! As the others posted, your insurance has to pay for it. If you have no insurance, contact the American Cancer Society first. They can probably help you more than anyone in showing you who to contact.

Good luck to you!

Kristin