Back from the wedding, surgery tomorrow

Options
traceyt
traceyt Member Posts: 77
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Ladies (& a few gents)
We made it back from the wedding and it was AWESOME! It was my girls (8yrs and 10yrs) first reception and they had a BLAST!!
As some of you know I was nervous about seeing my family since my Dx, and weddings are emotional for me so I was hoping not to turn into a blubbering idiot(quick side note: my mom died when I was 14 and I went to live with my bro who was 28 and his wife and kids that same bro died at age 38 from a rare blood disease and it was his son getting married so technically my nephew but more like a little bro) My Nephew asked me to do a reading (where you go I will go) which I was nervous about it was short but powerful. Wouldnt you know it I got totally choked up, I was able to hold it together long enough to finish the reading but was told by several people afterwards they were fine not crying until they heard the reading.

On the car ride to IL on Friday I got some really positive MRI results they said the cancer is exactly where they thought and it had not spread to any nodes, I started out the day feeling really good and after the Dr called I felt even better even though I do still need to get through my lumpectomy tomorrow and I am hoping and praying they dont find any surprises. I know MRI can show false negatives but do they ever show false positives?
Wish me luck tomorrow I am totally nervous I have never been put out before and it scares the bajangies out of me but I know it is one step closer to being a survivor!!
((hugs)) to all

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    I am glad that you enjoyed
    I am glad that you enjoyed the wedding Tracey!

The results of your MRI are great! And, I am wishing you good luck on your surgery tomorrow. Aren't they checking your lymph nodes in the surgery? Even a sentinal node? I didn't realize that an MRI could show that your nodes are clean, but, if it can, that is wonderful.

I will keep you in my prayers!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Alexis F said:

The results of your MRI are great! And, I am wishing you good luck on your surgery tomorrow. Aren't they checking your lymph nodes in the surgery? Even a sentinal node? I didn't realize that an MRI could show that your nodes are clean, but, if it can, that is wonderful.

Good luck tomorrow
    Good luck tomorrow with your lumpectomy.
    The final path report can take 5-10 days for they may run special stains and tests. Some labs get the results quickly 3 days.

Good luck

Margo
  • traceyt
    Options
    Alexis F said:

They put in an iv and
    They put in an iv and injected a dye the tech said they were checking both breasts and nodes hopefully I heard right I have been somewhat of a scatter brain since all of this started
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    traceyt said:

They put in an iv and
    They put in an iv and injected a dye the tech said they were checking both breasts and nodes hopefully I heard right I have been somewhat of a scatter brain since all of this started

MRI's can show false

MRI's can show false positives: I've had a few. In fact, I think that there are more false positives than false negatives. But, I think your other post said that the stereotactic biopsy showed DCIS. The stereotactic biopsy normally tells more than the MRI about what's wrong.

I think that the MRI result is indicating that the DCIS has probably not spread any further than the area that was found with the stereotactic biopsy. I hope that the surgeon is able to get clear margins tomorrow, and the path report shows DCIS and nothing invasive. That would likely mean radiation and Tamoxifen would be your treatments.

Joyce
  • traceyt
    Options
    jk1952 said:

MRI's can show false

MRI's can show false positives: I've had a few. In fact, I think that there are more false positives than false negatives. But, I think your other post said that the stereotactic biopsy showed DCIS. The stereotactic biopsy normally tells more than the MRI about what's wrong.

I think that the MRI result is indicating that the DCIS has probably not spread any further than the area that was found with the stereotactic biopsy. I hope that the surgeon is able to get clear margins tomorrow, and the path report shows DCIS and nothing invasive. That would likely mean radiation and Tamoxifen would be your treatments.

Joyce

Still learning
    Thanks so much,Joyce still taking it all in and learning this board is the best
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Will be thinking about you tomorrow....
    Tracey, I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. You will do fine. Get lots of rest and post when you feel up to it and let us know how you are doing. :) Pammy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for tomorrow...
    I'll be hoping for the best possible outcome from your surgery.
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!
    Just wanted to let you know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers, let us know how you're doing when you're up to it.

You'll get through surgury and here's to clean margins and nodes!!!!!!

God Bless

Aurora
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Good luck tomorrow
    Good luck tomorrow with your lumpectomy.
    The final path report can take 5-10 days for they may run special stains and tests. Some labs get the results quickly 3 days.

Good luck

Margo

Good luck with your surgery!
    Good luck with your surgery! Sorry I am late in posting this to you!

Hugs,

Kristin
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options

Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!
    Just wanted to let you know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers, let us know how you're doing when you're up to it.

You'll get through surgury and here's to clean margins and nodes!!!!!!

God Bless

Aurora

Thinking of You
    Tracey -
    So glad to hear your initial news and that you were in fabulous spirits for the weekend! Be sure to let us know how your surgery went - hope you are healing and comfy!

Hugs,
    KC
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Tracey
    Hugs and Prayers go out to you!!