Links/web addresses allowed on board?

Options
TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Okay, KC was brave enough to ask her (NOT) "stupid questions," so she's given me courage of heart:

Is there a policy on this board about posting links or web addresses? I've noticed the Heavenly Hats address posted a lot, and So You Think You Can Dance links were flying around the other day.

The reason I ask is that I would love to ask Elm to post the address for her exquisitely beautiful jewelry, and I'm also dying to know about the jewelry that Calleen uses in her photo.

I know that I can PM them individually -- but is that the policy, instead of posting links/addresses?

Thanks very much for being patient with this "Message Board Virgin"!

:-o Traci

Comments

• Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Very good question!
    It seems to me that posting links and/or web addresses is fine with the CSB management, but they no longer allow inline graphics. I can't imagine anyone having a problem with you posting the links you mention. But if anyone does complain, feel free to blame me. Being a guy, I'm used to women blaming me for everything.

Hope this helps,
    Joe
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Aortus said:

Very good question!
    It seems to me that posting links and/or web addresses is fine with the CSB management, but they no longer allow inline graphics. I can't imagine anyone having a problem with you posting the links you mention. But if anyone does complain, feel free to blame me. Being a guy, I'm used to women blaming me for everything.

Hope this helps,
    Joe

Maybe a question
    Maybe a question for Greta when we have the call on 7/29.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    I'm with you!!
    Ok, I'm just straight up asking....Gulp....Elm and Calleen, would you please post your addresses so we can all visit your sites if you have one!!! (Swish....now I am running as fast as my short little legs will take me). :) Pammy
  • TraciInLA
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

I'm with you!!
    Ok, I'm just straight up asking....Gulp....Elm and Calleen, would you please post your addresses so we can all visit your sites if you have one!!! (Swish....now I am running as fast as my short little legs will take me). :) Pammy

Get back here, Pammy!
    Pammy, you coward! You get your short little legs right back here and stand with me!

:-) Traci
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Get back here, Pammy!
    Pammy, you coward! You get your short little legs right back here and stand with me!

That would be a good
    That would be a good question for the conference. I think they probably prefer for you to PM someone for info sometimes. As someone could post sites on here that are not suitable, have virus's imbedded in them, false information etc., as that has happened before.

But, ask Greta, she will know for sure.
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Get back here, Pammy!

Ohhh, ok
    I'm here, right bbbehind you with my knees shaking!! I'v got your bbbbback though. Oh, where is that OZ dud when you need him? :) Pammy
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Ohhh, ok
    I'm here, right bbbehind you with my knees shaking!! I'v got your bbbbback though. Oh, where is that OZ dud when you need him? :) Pammy

Sorry
    I didn't make the jewelry in the picture and now I'm trying to remember where in the world I found it.. I think I have CRS disease.. (Can't remember S&*%)
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    Calleen said:

Sorry
    I didn't make the jewelry in the picture and now I'm trying to remember where in the world I found it.. I think I have CRS disease.. (Can't remember S&*%)

darn!
    I wanted to ask you about the beads too. I love them and I would so love to make bracelets out of them!
    As for me I do not have a website, I do have pictures of some of my jewelry on my myspace page and you all are welcome to be my myspace and facebook friend!
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    elm3544 said:

darn!
    I wanted to ask you about the beads too. I love them and I would so love to make bracelets out of them!
    As for me I do not have a website, I do have pictures of some of my jewelry on my myspace page and you all are welcome to be my myspace and facebook friend!

how
    do we find you on your my space and face book???
  • elm3544
    Options
    Calleen said:

how
    do we find you on your my space and face book???

www.myspace.com/ekena
    www.myspace.com/ekena -myspace link
    elm3544@yahoo.com
    Edna Masters
    You can type my email or name in facebook to find me.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Not positive about "links"...
    I think it's OK to "type" the info for a link; but, not actually create an ELECTRONIC link (where it can be "clicked on" for direct connection to whatever site).

When we become Members here - we all agree to the ACS/CSN "Terms & Conditions" (I know, I know... nobody EVER reads that stuff... except me). Hate to be the spoilsport; but, it IS against those "Terms & Conditions" to SELL anything. Same for seeking donations - of any kind, even for ACS sponsored events (i.e., Relay for Life).
  • elm3544
    Options
    yeah you are right. I don't
    yeah you are right. I don't want to get in any trouble and I don't want to solicit here, it was definitely not my intent. I just wanted to offer a prize for the Biggest Loser. Hope no one is offended.
  • Akiss4me
    Options

I think it's OK to "type" the info for a link; but, not actually create an ELECTRONIC link (where it can be "clicked on" for direct connection to whatever site).

When we become Members here - we all agree to the ACS/CSN "Terms & Conditions" (I know, I know... nobody EVER reads that stuff... except me). Hate to be the spoilsport; but, it IS against those "Terms & Conditions" to SELL anything. Same for seeking donations - of any kind, even for ACS sponsored events (i.e., Relay for Life).

Thanks Susan....
    Wow....you actually read all that? I'm so glad you did and you are keeping us straight. Thanks! I don't think you can post a link and create a direct connection because I have typed in an actual link and the site blocks it from becoming "highlighted" to click on. Now if we have VERY tech savy people out there that know another way to do it....Don't!! Listen to Susan....she knows what she is talking about!! :) Pammy
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    elm3544 said:

yeah you are right. I don't want to get in any trouble and I don't want to solicit here, it was definitely not my intent. I just wanted to offer a prize for the Biggest Loser. Hope no one is offended.

Prize
    Hi elm!
    I saw the thread where you offered that and thought how wonderful it was! Your jewelry is really pretty & unique - I haven't seen any like them where I am! I think it's wonderful that you use a gift to benefit others.

Cyber Hugs,
    KC
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    elm3544 said:

Ratts
    I don't want any one to get in trouble either. I guess I'm just gonna try harder to lose some of this weight!!!!!!!!!!!

Rats!!!!!!!! Guess I can't cheat now !!!!!!!!!

Aurora
  • TraciInLA
    Options

Ratts
    I don't want any one to get in trouble either. I guess I'm just gonna try harder to lose some of this weight!!!!!!!!!!!

Rats!!!!!!!! Guess I can't cheat now !!!!!!!!!

Aurora

It's Aortus' fault!
    It never occurred to me to go back and check the Terms & Conditions, so thanks, Susan, for keeping us honest!

And Elm, please don't apologize -- it was very generous of you to offer to donate a prize, and I didn't take that in any way to mean that you were trying to get people to buy anything.

Now, if I may call all of your collective attentions to Aortus' post, above, where he gave me carte blanche to blame him for all this -- so I shall do just that. It's Aortus' fault, it's Aortus' fault, it's Aortus' fault...!

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

Yup...I did too
    That is so hilarious 12/25....I read the Terms and Conditions too~ we actually had to agree to them when we joined! I always read labels, and don't waver much from the written word. If, for example , the Tylenol label says take 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours, I just CAN'T take them in 3 and a half~and I usually wait for 5 hours! LOL I read all the instructions that come with anything and everything, and it is one of my ( I admit it)pet peeves if things go wrong here at home cuz "someone" did not read the instructions! LOLLOL

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

It's Aortus' fault!
    It never occurred to me to go back and check the Terms & Conditions, so thanks, Susan, for keeping us honest!

And Elm, please don't apologize -- it was very generous of you to offer to donate a prize, and I didn't take that in any way to mean that you were trying to get people to buy anything.

Now, if I may call all of your collective attentions to Aortus' post, above, where he gave me carte blanche to blame him for all this -- so I shall do just that. It's Aortus' fault, it's Aortus' fault, it's Aortus' fault...!

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!