OH MY..... OPTED TO DYE HAIR..... PURDY NOW !!!!!

Options
idlehunters
idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I decided against the fake nails. BUT, I had to do something with the hair. It was just awful with 2" of gray roots on blonde and brown highlights. Well, it was a total failure. The rinse did not work on covering the gray. I HAD 2 shades of blonde mixed with the brown.... now I have a light brown and 2 shades of orange with a 2" gray topping.... just beautiful. LOL. Oh well... look at the bright side... it will wash out in 6 - 12 washes or my hair will fall out.... whichever comes first ... LOL. Just thought I'd update you on results. Husband said I would be beautiful bald..... hummm... good thing :) Peace

Jennie

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    LOL!
    Jennie,

Your post made me laugh- but I'm so sorry that the color didn't take! I don't know what other "beauty" advice to offer about trying anything else for hair color.
    What a great guy your husband is, though, saying you'd be beautiful bald :)

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Options
    lisa42 said:

LOL!
    Jennie,

Your post made me laugh- but I'm so sorry that the color didn't take! I don't know what other "beauty" advice to offer about trying anything else for hair color.
    What a great guy your husband is, though, saying you'd be beautiful bald :)

Hugs,
    Lisa

That made me laugh
    although i would have been crying.....thank goodness for suppotive husbands through this!
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    lmliess said:

That made me laugh
    although i would have been crying.....thank goodness for suppotive husbands through this!

Oh No
    Sorry to hear the coloring went a bit goofy. I didn't have the guts to try it myself so I went to an Aveda salon. A bit pricey but results were good.

Like you said it will all come out in the wash and bald is beautiful. It is our badge of courage during this awful battle.

Take Care,
    Dawn
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Options
    Hmm..
    Jenni,

Thank goodness for your sense of humor! You crack me up. I color my hair (what I have coming back now - about an inch and a half) with a demi product from Sally's Salon products. It covers the gray almost as well as my hairdresser did. In fact, I like it better because the gray covers lighter than the darker hair and I don't need highlights now. LOL Silly things sometimes work out. Sorry yours didn't.

Kimby
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Sitting here with dye in my hair>>>>>
    I can relate, I am back to having to dye every two weeks which means, I am getting half inch growth every two weeks, which is good!

I looked at the growth yesterday and since my hair is thinner, it shows a lot more then usual.

Waiting to look in the mirror, so I can look purdy too!
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    Options
    Nana b said:

Sitting here with dye in my hair>>>>>
    I can relate, I am back to having to dye every two weeks which means, I am getting half inch growth every two weeks, which is good!

I looked at the growth yesterday and since my hair is thinner, it shows a lot more then usual.

Waiting to look in the mirror, so I can look purdy too!

Jennie
    If you become bald you will be in good company.

Eric
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Funny
    Glad that you can laugh about it. I had to forgo the nails but decided within the next two weeks I'm going to color mine. My hair growth is so slow that I can wait a couples months before it really starts showing. At least you can sa you are a colorful person :) well hair wise anyway.

Kim
  • krystle singer
    krystle singer Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Hair and beauty
    Jennie,
    Your husband is right, I am sure. I am a mess since surgery and three colonoscopies (in four monts time). But my husband still says I'm beautiful several times a day. Beauty, you know is in the eye and the heart of the beholder. Your hubby sees both kinds of beauty in you. Accept it and internalize it. You are a beautiful person.

Hugs, prayers and love,
    Sandi
  • WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    Options
    FREAKED OUT AND DID THAT ALSO
    I have been salt and pepper hair since i was 20, i lost all my hair when i had hodgekins, in my 30s, it came back salt and pepper grey so i figured that was my true color, I never colored it from then.

After my first Chemo approx 6 weeks ago, I freaked out and colored my hair, it was a disaster. it was red, and light red, and blonde, I colored a gain, black this time it looked dead so i bought a third color and put that on. medium ash brown, It looked ok when i washed it, so i left it.

It is finally washing out and I will not color again.
    Salt and Pepper is my hair color. Love it!
    prayers and hugs
    Winney
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

FREAKED OUT AND DID THAT ALSO
    I have been salt and pepper hair since i was 20, i lost all my hair when i had hodgekins, in my 30s, it came back salt and pepper grey so i figured that was my true color, I never colored it from then.

After my first Chemo approx 6 weeks ago, I freaked out and colored my hair, it was a disaster. it was red, and light red, and blonde, I colored a gain, black this time it looked dead so i bought a third color and put that on. medium ash brown, It looked ok when i washed it, so i left it.

It is finally washing out and I will not color again.
    Salt and Pepper is my hair color. Love it!
    prayers and hugs
    Winney

I admire you
    Awww Winney, just read your post had to add I admire you for wanting to stick to your natural hair colour. I'm on round two of chemo at the moment, my hair is looking like salt and pepper, and it's going afro. I've not yet given into colouring it as I want to see how my chemo rounds go and if it's all still up there (looks in mirror) ie my hair touch wood.
    If it gets worse I'm going for wigs, so much fun being in our special club ie the semi colons lol
    Hugs
    Sonia
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    hair
    I had my hair colored the whole time I was going thru treatment. It just thinned a little so my hairdresser cut it a little shorter, no one even knew i was going thru treatment until I told them. I always had a hairdresser do mine there's so many things that can go wrong if your not trained. I've never done acrylic nails someone advised me not to even paint them while receiving chemo, I did anyway. One thing I never did the whole time I was going thru treatment was to go without makeup. I always put mine on everyday no matter how rough I felt. It simply made me feel better.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator