Options
2»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Welcome Mauve...
    So sorry to hear about your leukemia. I am a little confused though. You said that you are 3 years out from your BC. Where is your Medical Oncologist you had for your BC? It sounds as if this is not the same Oncologist. I will be with mine for the rest of my life. And if this is a new Oncologist, you absolutely need to have your records transfered so they know what treatments you had and your history!! And I have never heard of an Oncologist not knowing about Tamoxifen unless it was not having chemo that he was taken aback about.
    I would possibly consider another opinion. Can you go back to your original Oncologist you had for your BC? I wish I could be of more help. :) Pammy

Welcome Mauve, but, so sorry
    Welcome Mauve, but, so sorry for the reason. Just want to say that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please post again.

Hugs, Diane
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Mauve, you have already gone
    Mauve, you have already gone thru so much and now this. I am glad that you found this site as I am sure you will find it helpful and supportive. Please take care of yourself!

Mauve
    I also am so sorry. Welcome and I hope that we can help you in some way!

Hugs, Noel
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Mauve
    I am so sorry that you have a 2nd cancer. Damn the beast. I do not have a second one, but I am appaled by your Onc. not giving you all the info on tamoxifen and chemo. I would seek out a second opinion and talk to another onc. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you found us here.
    hugs, jackie

Mauve I am so sorry about
    Mauve I am so sorry about your 2nd cancer as the other ladies have posted. I can't imagine what you must feel like. But, just know that we will be here for you, night and day. Just log on anytime, and, someone will be here to support you, answer questions and to encourage you.

I will keep you in my prayers! Please post as often as you can and let us know how you are doing. We are here for you.

Please keep us updated on you and your treatment!

Hugs,

Kristin
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    mauveb2k said:

no radiation, no chemo for breast cancer
    never had chemo nor radiation, i had only mastectomy and lumpectomy then tamoxifen which i'm supposed to take for 5 years, i'm still wondering and a lot of questions right now, however, there's really nothing else i could do but just keep on fighting and go with the flow, thank you and god bless

I was wondering Mauve why
    I was wondering Mauve why you didn't have at least radiation treatments? Would you mind answering? Is it because you had a mastectomy? Hope you are feeling better!

Hugs,Susie
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    rjjj said:

Mauve
    I am so sorry that you have a 2nd cancer. Damn the beast. I do not have a second one, but I am appaled by your Onc. not giving you all the info on tamoxifen and chemo. I would seek out a second opinion and talk to another onc. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you found us here.
    hugs, jackie

Mauve
    I am sorry Mauve that you have a 2nd cancer. I do know what it feels like, as, I have been diagnosed twice with breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy both times, followed by rad treatments. I am not going to take tamoxifen, as, I don't want to even deal with the side effects. But, it sounds like you might need a 2nd opinion. Your oncologist should always discuss anything with you openly and with no restraints. I will certainly be praying for you. Please let us know what you find out and how you are doing!

Jeanne
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Noel said:

Mauve
    I also am so sorry. Welcome and I hope that we can help you in some way!

Hugs, Noel

Mauve
    We would all like to have an update on you.

Just let us know how you are doing.

Take care

Lex