CA125

Options
Deb2009
Deb2009 Member Posts: 14
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
First time posting....wanted feedback on others experiences with CA125s. My count has been going down slowly after starting chemo. Cisplatin/Taxal IV/IP. After completing round 4 my count was at 21. After completing round 5 it went up to 36.5. My Dr. doesn't want to change anything yet so I just got out of the hospital today after completing the first part of round 6. Will have an outpatient treatment of taxol next week. Has anyone else had their count go up while receiving treatments? I was staged at IIIC.

Comments

• queenieb52
    queenieb52 Member Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How has it been for you?
    Hi Deb! I see that you are on the same regimen they have me on (the Cisplatin/Taxol IV/IP), I was also staged @3C. I have only just begun...I have my 2nd treatment next week. I don't know about the CA125 yet...when do they test that? The only thing I do know about it, is my Oncology nurse said that just because there is a slight rise, it doesn't necessarily mean the cancer is back, because other things can cause it too. All these procedures are so damn confusing! How is everything going for you? I hope very well. Did you fare well with this regimen (I have the same -6 treatments)? with warm regards.....Beth
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Deb
    You might have an infection that caused the CA125 to go up and always remember that labs do make counting errors! Mine was less than 1 in June which was a laugh. We redid it and it was 212. I did not get any chemo IP so that might have something to do with it. Chemo in abdomen might be causing inflamation. It is important to look at the numbers over a period of time instead of reacting to one rise.
    Saundra
  • Deb2009
    Deb2009 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Keeping Positive
    Thanks for your posts. I know that the CA125 is not always an exact reading and I just need to stay positive until my CT scan scheduled for Aug. 7th. Prayers going out for all of us.