Options
2»

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    chenheart said:

And The Winner Is......
    Ok...now I am envisioning Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Books and Mowgli...are you sure it wasn't a mongoose and a snake??? HAHAHAHAHA!

BTW, who's death did they fight to, anyway????

Hugs,
    Claudia

Well..
    The Hedgehog won.............on POINTS! LOLOL
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Field Guide to North American Mammals
    Since I AM the nerd in Moopy's band, I looked up hedgehog in my field guide. No hedgehogs indigenous to North America. I'm pretty sure there is a Beatrix Potter or some other British children's book hedgehog character. There is "Hedgie" in children's book author Jan Brett's stuff. Her illustrations are gorgeous, if you care to Google her. So no hedgehog roadkill stateside. We'll have to settle for roast porcupine. xoxoxo Lynn
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    In my view a hedgehog is a
    In my view a hedgehog is a hedge that uses so much water that your water bill goes up. We have to conserve water here in Texas and plant native water conserving plants.

I'm also pulling your leg.
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

In my view a hedgehog is a hedge that uses so much water that your water bill goes up. We have to conserve water here in Texas and plant native water conserving plants.

Funny
    That's funny, Marcia!!!
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

HedgehogFrom Wikipedia, the
    Hedgehog
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article is about the spiny mammal.

European Hedgehog
    Scientific classification
    Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Class: Mammalia

Order: Erinaceomorpha

Family: Erinaceidae

Subfamily: Erinaceinae
    G. Fischer, 1814

A hedgehog is any of the spiny mammals of the subfamily Erinaceinae and the order Erinaceomorpha. There are 16 species of hedgehog in five genera, found through parts of Europe, Asia, Africa, and New Zealand. There are no hedgehogs native to Australia, and no living species native to North America; those in New Zealand are introduced. Hedgehogs have changed little over the last 15 million years. Like many of the first mammals they have adapted to a nocturnal, insectivorous way of life. The name 'hedgehog' came into use around the year 1450, derived from the Middle English 'heyghoge', from 'heyg', 'hegge' = hedge, because it frequents hedgerows, and 'hoge', 'hogge' = hog, from its piglike snout.[2] Other folk names include 'urchin', 'hedgepig' and 'furze-pig' .

P.S. You can actually find them in pet stores. They are very cute little creatures.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    bfbear said:

HedgehogFrom Wikipedia, the
    Hedgehog
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article is about the spiny mammal.

European Hedgehog
    Scientific classification
    Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Class: Mammalia

Order: Erinaceomorpha

Family: Erinaceidae

Subfamily: Erinaceinae
    G. Fischer, 1814

A hedgehog is any of the spiny mammals of the subfamily Erinaceinae and the order Erinaceomorpha. There are 16 species of hedgehog in five genera, found through parts of Europe, Asia, Africa, and New Zealand. There are no hedgehogs native to Australia, and no living species native to North America; those in New Zealand are introduced. Hedgehogs have changed little over the last 15 million years. Like many of the first mammals they have adapted to a nocturnal, insectivorous way of life. The name 'hedgehog' came into use around the year 1450, derived from the Middle English 'heyghoge', from 'heyg', 'hegge' = hedge, because it frequents hedgerows, and 'hoge', 'hogge' = hog, from its piglike snout.[2] Other folk names include 'urchin', 'hedgepig' and 'furze-pig' .

P.S. You can actually find them in pet stores. They are very cute little creatures.

Welcome, fellow nerd
    :) xoxoxo Lynn
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    zahalene said:

4 basic food groups in Arkansas...
    all approved by the Board Accredited Roadkill Federation (BARF):
    Hedgehog
    Possum
    Armadillo
    Skunk

Hedgehogs and Snakes and Nerds and Arkansas and Recipes
    I love you guys. You make me smile and laugh.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Ok, if I see a hedgehog, do
    Ok, if I see a hedgehog, do I run, stand still, scream?
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    jnl said:

Just pick it up...
    and move it somewhere safe so it doesn't get run over or hurt...
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

I'm With Scream!!!!!!
    I'm With Scream!!!!!!