Phil where are you

Options
angelsbaby
angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I was just wondering i haven't seen you post I hope all is well.

michelle

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    I'm over here
    Hi Michelle,
    I've been commenting here and there. Many things I really don't have any input to offer (like port removals or stopping treatment) so I don't comment on those things but I still throw my 2 cents in when I feel I can help.
    Things are well...
    hope you're OK.
    -phil
  • angelsbaby
    Options
    PhillieG said:

I'm over here
    Hi Michelle,
    I've been commenting here and there. Many things I really don't have any input to offer (like port removals or stopping treatment) so I don't comment on those things but I still throw my 2 cents in when I feel I can help.
    Things are well...
    hope you're OK.
    -phil

phil
    going ok.

michelle
  • Hatshepsut
    Hatshepsut Member Posts: 336 Member
    Options

phil
    going ok.

michelle

An appreciation
    Phil:

I’m sure I join a lot of others on the board in saying that I am glad to read that you are doing well and still posting here. Your posts bring a unique and valuable perspective (and an occasional flash of biting humor) to this board that would be sorely missed. I have always admired the fact that you take so much of your time to share the considerable knowledge that comes from your long cancer journey with so many people who post on this board; you ease their minds and smooth their journeys. I do miss your photographs, though.

Hatshepsut
  • PhillieG
    Options

An appreciation
    Phil:

I’m sure I join a lot of others on the board in saying that I am glad to read that you are doing well and still posting here. Your posts bring a unique and valuable perspective (and an occasional flash of biting humor) to this board that would be sorely missed. I have always admired the fact that you take so much of your time to share the considerable knowledge that comes from your long cancer journey with so many people who post on this board; you ease their minds and smooth their journeys. I do miss your photographs, though.

Hatshepsut

Hi Hatshepsut
    Thank you for your kind words. A lot may be pushing it but I know that some like my input and find it helpful. I am in a different part of my journey here so I don't always comment publicly. Now the private emails are a different story. I do get a bunch of those from those who'd rather not say some things on the forum. It makes no difference to me, I actually like the fact that some do trust me, respect my opinion and seek me out. I am always available to help about a fellow (or gal) who's down on their luck so to speak.

I also have been spending a lot more time over at the Spirituality, Prayer, and Meditation thread. It's very interesting to hear other perspectives on how (or whether) faith plays a role getting cancer or in healing. There are many other topics there too. The details of cancer are left here (for the most part) and there have been great points of view.
    It's eyeopening (for me and others I have found).
    -phil
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Hi Hatshepsut
    Thank you for your kind words. A lot may be pushing it but I know that some like my input and find it helpful. I am in a different part of my journey here so I don't always comment publicly. Now the private emails are a different story. I do get a bunch of those from those who'd rather not say some things on the forum. It makes no difference to me, I actually like the fact that some do trust me, respect my opinion and seek me out. I am always available to help about a fellow (or gal) who's down on their luck so to speak.

I also have been spending a lot more time over at the Spirituality, Prayer, and Meditation thread. It's very interesting to hear other perspectives on how (or whether) faith plays a role getting cancer or in healing. There are many other topics there too. The details of cancer are left here (for the most part) and there have been great points of view.
    It's eyeopening (for me and others I have found).
    -phil

Surprised me
    Phil,

You never cease to surprise me. I would never have imagined that you would spend time at Spirituality, Prayer and Meditation. You're such an interesting guy.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • PhillieG
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Surprised me
    Phil,

You never cease to surprise me. I would never have imagined that you would spend time at Spirituality, Prayer and Meditation. You're such an interesting guy.

*hugs*
    Gail

See, Miracles CAN happen
    Hi Gail, I really do find it interesting what others think about the afterlife since none of us have the answer. I do, as everyone already knows, feel strongly about keeping the cancer a separate issue from the Spirituality, Prayer and Meditation talk. Otherwise, I think it makes those people who are not of an approved faith stay away from here where can get the cancer help they seek and need. I care about those people and do not want them to feel like they have no other place to go to get help. It's really pretty simple. I'm just trying to welcome everyone. Kind of Christian of me, don't you think?
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for my morning chicken sacrifice ritual...
    ;-)
    {hugs}
    -phil
  • PhillieG
    Options
    PhillieG said:

See, Miracles CAN happen
    Hi Gail, I really do find it interesting what others think about the afterlife since none of us have the answer. I do, as everyone already knows, feel strongly about keeping the cancer a separate issue from the Spirituality, Prayer and Meditation talk. Otherwise, I think it makes those people who are not of an approved faith stay away from here where can get the cancer help they seek and need. I care about those people and do not want them to feel like they have no other place to go to get help. It's really pretty simple. I'm just trying to welcome everyone. Kind of Christian of me, don't you think?
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for my morning chicken sacrifice ritual...
    ;-)
    {hugs}
    -phil

OK Sacrifice done...
    I just LOVE a good egg sandwich!
    -phil
  • angelsbaby
    Options
    PhillieG said:

OK Sacrifice done...
    I just LOVE a good egg sandwich!