Hubby is NED

Options
Glv49
Glv49 Member Posts: 206 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi,

Wanted to let everyone know, my hubby dx last July Stage IV had a colectomy to remove tumor in transverse colon. Had 6 mo 5FU oxillaplatin, leucovorin. Finished chemo in Jan, had a PET/CT found a small met on his liver. He had a liver resection on April 3. He has been doing very good, it was done laprascopic. He had a PET/CT last Thurs, went to see the onc yesterday, and she said all is good NED!! She said his CEA has always been 0.5 even with the liver met, so that won't be a good detector for him, so they will scan him every 3 mos for a year. He had an enlarged blood vessel that showed on the cat scan.. but I will take that in exchange for NED. Good luck to all of us and God Bless us all.. I hope someday we can all do that naked happy dance.

Love,
Gail

Comments

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    It's great to hear the NED
    It's great to hear the NED news.Thank you,Gail,this is realy inspiring.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
    Hi, Gail.

I LOVE your news! That's so wonderful! Dance all weekend!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • regslady
    regslady Member Posts: 37
    Options
    I didn't know we were
    I didn't know we were supposed to do the happy dance naked! Off to close the blinds so I can dance to celebrate your good news. Thanks for the reminder that this illness can be conquered. I believe God is with us every step of the way.

Tell hubby major congrats!!!
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Great news indeed!
    Dance away! I am happy for you both.

Vicki
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    VickiCO said:

Great news indeed!
    Dance away! I am happy for you both.

Vicki

Congrats
    What great news...Its such a great feeling to be NED...You can breath now ..Go do something special to celebrate...Congrats again.......JULIE
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    What great news!
    What wonderful news for your family. Celebrate!!
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Julie 44 said:

Congrats
    What great news...Its such a great feeling to be NED...You can breath now ..Go do something special to celebrate...Congrats again.......JULIE

Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate
    Such good news!

Dawn
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    YAY YOU!!
    Since I'm sure his dx was just as hard for you as it was for him, I will say a big fat CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH! Keep dancing!

-Sheri
  • Glv49
    Glv49 Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    luv3jay said:

YAY YOU!!
    Since I'm sure his dx was just as hard for you as it was for him, I will say a big fat CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH! Keep dancing!

-Sheri

Thank you all for replying..
    Thank you all for replying.. I am celebrating my 6 years as a Stage IV colon cancer survivor on July 29th. Now me and the hubby can celebrate together. All of you guys are in my prayers.

Love,
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Gail
    Gail,
    Wonderful for both of you!!! Wow!
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Gail
    Gail,
    Wonderful for both of you!!! Wow!
    Aloha,
    Kathleen

hey kathleen
    hows hubby? last time i read a post he seemed to be doing well.i finished my mop up chemo last week and going to my onc on tuesday for blood work.this oxy has really messed my blood up.tell him to hang in there im sure he doesnt have too many treatments left.good luck and Godbless....johnnybegood
  • menright
    menright Member Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    NED!!
    Great to hear such news. Thanks for sharing and congratulations to your husband and your family.

Mike