wanted-long time surviors of endometrial cancer that left lymphnodes inside ...my doctor forgot to d

maryln3
maryln3 Member Posts: 62
edited March 2014 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1
I HAVE ISSUES//I NEED TO KNOW YOUR TREATMENT IF NODES LEFT INSIDE U

THE TEAM WANTS TO TREAT ME WITH JUST RADIATION....

WE HAVE NO CLUE AS TO THE PELVIC LYMPH NODES? THEY WERE NOT TESTED AFTER HYSTERECTOMY...

I WANT TO ASSUME THEY HAVE CANCER AND TAKE CHEMO AND RADIATION...

ENDOMETRIUM CANCER IS TREATED LIKE NOT SO BAD CANCER..BUT IT CAN SPREAD...

THERE IS 1 TO 2PERCENT CHANCE OF CANCER IN MY NODES...I THINK IT IOS PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE NOT TO TREAT MY CANCER LIKE STAGE 3 CANCER

IF U DO NOT KNOW THAN IT IS STAGE 3

Comments

• lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    What GRADE is your cancer?
    Some endometrial cancers are more dangerous than others: more likely to spread and harder to kill. Do you know what GRADE your cancer cells are? Please check your pathology report and see. If you have Grade 1 cancer cells, you may be okay with just radiation. If you have a Grade 3 cancer like papillary serous or clear cell, you should get another opinion. But I'm personally a firm believer in CHEMO for all Grade 3 uterine cancers, regardless of stage.
  • bonnyboop
    bonnyboop Member Posts: 9
    uterine cancer stage 2b, nodes left inside
    I received 33 radiation treatments....no problem with them. Well worth it; choice for 4 chemo treatments was fully mine, but at least was given the choice. Not sure also if nodes were affected. Some cells found on my bladder. I chose chemo, how could I not!! I was only 49! 4 months of sickness, and no hair could give me a lifetime with my family and a new grandbaby...I wasn't going to take the chance for it to re-appear and then kick myself for not doing the chemo. It is a small price to pay. Definately, get another opinion, and search not just your heart but those around you. They may be in a better emotional state to see things more clearly. My family was behind me 101% to do what-ever I needed to make ME feel confident I was doing the right thing. Good luck to you....either way you go, it's your choice and no one elses.
  • susie1143
    susie1143 Member Posts: 105
    Treatment after surgery
    I had my surgery on Aug 26th and I was diagnosed with Stage 1C, Grade 2. (My first path report showed Grade 3 but it was downgraded after surgery). At this point my doctor is saying no further treatment is necessary. With a mother in remission from breast cancer, I'm not so comfortable with no treatment. I am going for a second opinion and am trying to find a study to participate in. However, I'm not having much luck in finding a study. I live in Florida and even considered going to NY for a second opinion.

I did find a hospital in Orlando that is doing a study but it looks like I'm just shy of being eligible. I have 2 out of 3 high risk factors for my age and they need 3 risk factors. However, this hospital has a group of 5 doctors who review your case together to determine further treatment. This will at least put me at ease if they agree with my current gyn/onc.

Susie