Moe

kitten0385
kitten0385 Member Posts: 248
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Lori,

Jeff's surgery should be all done and behind you. I hope all went smoothly for him, and that he is well on the road to recovery!!!

Cathy

Comments

• MOE58
    MOE58 Member Posts: 589 Member
    we are done with surgery and in ICU
    Okay we are done with surgery and in ICU surgery was finished in 6 hrs instead of 8, Jeff did well on surgery, he is on a ventialtor, as he wasn't breathing well on his own, his blood pressure dropped, and they were concerned, for him, therefore he is sedated and well out of it, i am only allowed to bend down and kiss him and say I love you, to him they don't want him aroused and start coming too. so i cant even say much to him, but i know i will never say a bad thing to him again or fuss with him, he means the world to me, i will celebrate my 3rd anniversary as a married couple on August 21, but hhave been with him 5 years, and married 2 soon to be 3, Please continue to pray for us, and i will update everyone as the days go by.

Thanks
    Lori (MOE)
  • kitten0385
    kitten0385 Member Posts: 248
    MOE58 said:

Okay we are done with surgery and in ICU surgery was finished in 6 hrs instead of 8, Jeff did well on surgery, he is on a ventialtor, as he wasn't breathing well on his own, his blood pressure dropped, and they were concerned, for him, therefore he is sedated and well out of it, i am only allowed to bend down and kiss him and say I love you, to him they don't want him aroused and start coming too. so i cant even say much to him, but i know i will never say a bad thing to him again or fuss with him, he means the world to me, i will celebrate my 3rd anniversary as a married couple on August 21, but hhave been with him 5 years, and married 2 soon to be 3, Please continue to pray for us, and i will update everyone as the days go by.

Thanks
    Lori (MOE)

Lori,

Thank you for posting how surgery went. It is good they are keeping him sedated while he is on the ventilator, and hopefully they will be able to take him off of that soon. Tell him over and over that you love him, even while on medications, he knows you're there!! I know I owe the world to my husband for being there for me throughout everything. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Cathy
  • MOE58 said:

Thanks
    Lori (MOE)

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • tdaniels58
    tdaniels58 Member Posts: 21
    MOE58 said:

Thanks
    Lori (MOE)

a prayer for you and jeff
    dear god and archangels michael and rafeal, please heal and protect jeff and lori with your divine love and power.

you hang in there lori, he knows you are there, i am so sorry you guys are going through this ordeal, i know how painful it is. just know you are not alone.

terry
  • tdaniels58
    tdaniels58 Member Posts: 21
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

thank you William
    i am having a really hard time this week and even though my head knows what you are saying and what the story is saying, and what my love, Dan is saying too, i am scared all the time. but you are right and dan is right. we dont know when our time is up, and why anything happens until we are on the other side of it, and then the rollar coaster starts the next turn. i lost my dad in 06 to lung cancer, then my mom last april 08 to copd. dan has been there for me every step of the way. his amazing wisdom and courage shines on me like a beacon in the fog. i am his anchor along with god and his family and friends. i know all we have is now. time is relative really, and moments are precious. i am so happy for you and loretta.

much love,
    terry
  • mumphy
    mumphy Member Posts: 440

a prayer for you and jeff
    dear god and archangels michael and rafeal, please heal and protect jeff and lori with your divine love and power.

you hang in there lori, he knows you are there, i am so sorry you guys are going through this ordeal, i know how painful it is. just know you are not alone.

terry

moe
    I am so glad that surgery the surgery went well, and didn't take as long as they said it will take.

As they say one day at a time-- hang in there.
    Please keep us posted on his progress. We hopefully will be going throught the same thing
    in a few months.

It's sad when you can't wait for the Dr's that surgery is a go.

My prayers are with you

Kathy