Unexpected Funk

Options
2»

Comments

• mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Faith
    I just read your post and am so glad you went to your chemo. I have had 2 ac treatments every other week and have 6 more treatments to go. I am working as a homecare nurse and worked about 30 hours last week which was really stupid so I did cut down this week. See if your employer will let you work shortened days. Chemo isnt forever we all have to remind ourselves of that.
    My husband just lost his job at gm after 23 years. He had to take early retirement. I was working 50 hour weeks before I was diagnosed. Ive been freaked out about finances too especially with a kid starting college in the fall. Our income was reduced especially now with me working reduced hours. But I was exhausted yesterday from doing too much and I really dont want to get sick and prolong this chemo
    Please hang in there.

Hugs

Linda t
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

Life Line
    Hi All,

Thank you so much for your responses, support, prayers and gentle kicks. To my "first responders", a special thanks. Your words rang true immediately and were impossible to deny.

...so, I went yesterday. I hated every moment. I cried silent tears almost the entire 1 1/2 hour ride there. There was no make up, no extra care when dressing, no smile, no bravado. Just a body that showed up for it's scheduled duty. But the deed was done. And, now that it's behind me, of course, I'm glad I did.

I'm still working through my mental-rebuild. I hate being in this place mentally. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I'm not very good at it, either. I really like the smiling, look forward to an excuse to "doll up", find the blessings & laughter, appreciate every moment (even the icky ones), much better. Anger is so unhealthy, unbecoming and unproductive. So, I'll keep digging.

Hugs to you all. You were/are literally my lifeline with this scheduled chemo. I sincerely believe if I had not found you, I would have ditched out...

Hugs,
    KC

I believe you were led
    to us (your kindred sisters) I just now saw your post but I see our sisters here were pulling you through your funk, and i am so very happy you did go. I think the chemo itself puts us in a different state of mind. I know I became depressed withdrawn and so angry at the beast. I did get through it though, and with help from all our dear sisters..attacked each new issue as it came around. And sometimes with some very good laughs. I could not have made it without our dear friends here.

You are in my prayers and keep your chin up! you will come out on the other side. We will all have our flashlights on for you and will be cheering you on each step of the way.
    love and hugs, jackie
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Life Line
    Hi All,

Thank you so much for your responses, support, prayers and gentle kicks. To my "first responders", a special thanks. Your words rang true immediately and were impossible to deny.

...so, I went yesterday. I hated every moment. I cried silent tears almost the entire 1 1/2 hour ride there. There was no make up, no extra care when dressing, no smile, no bravado. Just a body that showed up for it's scheduled duty. But the deed was done. And, now that it's behind me, of course, I'm glad I did.

I'm still working through my mental-rebuild. I hate being in this place mentally. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I'm not very good at it, either. I really like the smiling, look forward to an excuse to "doll up", find the blessings & laughter, appreciate every moment (even the icky ones), much better. Anger is so unhealthy, unbecoming and unproductive. So, I'll keep digging.

Hugs to you all. You were/are literally my lifeline with this scheduled chemo. I sincerely believe if I had not found you, I would have ditched out...

Hugs,
    KC

I knew it!!
    I kept telling myself that you would do it even if you didn't want to. I needed to believe that. I am so glad you did! Plain and simple, Cancer sucks and we just can't wish it away. So the ONLY other alternative we have is to accept it and know that we are giving a short amount of our time out of our lives to gain back so much more. We are strong women and we can do this. If this weren't the truth, then why the heck aren't the men having the babies???? Hugs out to you and I'm proud of you for following through!!! :) Pammy
  • debragood1
    debragood1 Member Posts: 48
    Options

Life Line
    Hi All,

Hugs,
    KC

Don't Lose Hope
    Hiya.

I know how you feel. I'm halfway through chemo. Can you talk to your oncologist and let her/him know what's happening mentally? Your doc. may have some medication that will help. I am taking Zoloft for depression and it sure takes the edge off. Don't be shy about asking for meds for any symptoms that develop and hang in there!

Hugs.
    Debra
  • vannie
    vannie Member Posts: 6
    Options
    i have no income and it has
    i have no income and it has been like that since august of last year. my faith allows other people to help. i was independent person and it is sometimes hard to let someone else be in controll. i was at the end of my rope one day and my 28 year old nephew said right out of the blue "suffering is a journey which has an end." i didn't ask for that he just gave it to me.