Options
2»

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Aortus said:

Where in Wisconsin were you?
    The ButterBurgers are comparatively new to Wisconsin: the original Culver's opened in 1984 and the first successful franchised Culver's opened around 1990. But they are pretty good!

On the other hand, beer and dairy products have always been around my dear home state. Not to mention the excellent sausage!

Ya know, it must be a
    Ya know, it must be a regional thing....I was raised( and fed!) in Germany, lived there for 20 years. So you'd think sausage, beer, brats, etc would be part and parcel of my life. But California has turned me in to something completely else! I am a snobby wine drinker, and have to have salads, and scarcely remember the last time I ate bacon or sausage or any dairy product which isn't fat free! It's egg whites, and multi-grain oatmeal with craisins, no sugar, etc etc. GOOD HEALTH IS KILLING ME, I TELL YOU!!!!! Okay, I did have a bite of baked brie with craisins in puff pastry the other night!

I love all of the cheeses and breads etc...I just can't bring myself to eat but a bite or two. I am so flippin cholesterol and weight-aware ! It's my Drs fault~ he always tells me I'm too fat no matter what! Damn him, anyway! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options

Sausage from Sheboygan, WI
    YUM!

Kind regards, Susan
    (a/k/a Silly Girl)

Mmmmmm
    That's good stuff. My baby sister and her kids live in Sheboygan Falls. The only gripe I have about the area is that restaurants don't carry plain ol' yellow mustard. Yech.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    chenheart said:

Ya know, it must be a
    Ya know, it must be a regional thing....I was raised( and fed!) in Germany, lived there for 20 years. So you'd think sausage, beer, brats, etc would be part and parcel of my life. But California has turned me in to something completely else! I am a snobby wine drinker, and have to have salads, and scarcely remember the last time I ate bacon or sausage or any dairy product which isn't fat free! It's egg whites, and multi-grain oatmeal with craisins, no sugar, etc etc. GOOD HEALTH IS KILLING ME, I TELL YOU!!!!! Okay, I did have a bite of baked brie with craisins in puff pastry the other night!

I love all of the cheeses and breads etc...I just can't bring myself to eat but a bite or two. I am so flippin cholesterol and weight-aware ! It's my Drs fault~ he always tells me I'm too fat no matter what! Damn him, anyway! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia

Oh, Claudia...
    they got to you in California, didn't they? Moopy is already making some changes in her diet, and even though she doesn't say anything about having me make changes too, I can see where it's going. And this devout Baconitarian doesn't like it!

Best,
    Joe
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Mmmmmm
    That's good stuff. My baby sister and her kids live in Sheboygan Falls. The only gripe I have about the area is that restaurants don't carry plain ol' yellow mustard. Yech.

Don't know Sheboygan Falls...
    West of Sheboygan? North? Don't know or don't remember... We used to vacation in Door County (stayed in Ephraim - Eagle Harbor off Green Bay side) each summer. So, I'm sure you can figure out our old route there and back. :-)

Kind regards, Susan
    (a/k/a Silly Girl, sometimes)