Options
2»

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    elm3544 said:

thanks for the update!
    Best of luck to you! You sound in good spirits and that's half the battle, right?

Thanks Elm....
    And yes... I am in good spirits (so far!). :) Pammy
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Pammy...
    Told ya so! LOL Hugs Jxxxxxxxx

Yep Tasha...
    You did tell me so!! I do believe!! :) Pammy
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    tgf said:

Pammy,
    I love how you describe events in your life. As I said in an earlier thread ... I'm still waiting for Chapter 7 of your surgery. You've left all of us hanging for the "conclusion." We know it came out OK ... but I want to hear the "rest of the story" anyway. LOL

And ... I look forward to hearing more as your "Pammy does rads" story continues. You have a great way of keeping us all in suspense waiting for the next chapter/book. Sort of like those Harry Potter fans.

hugs.
    teena

Sorry Teena...
    Will try to work on chapter 7....and definitly will keep up with "Pammy does Rads"!! Wonder what will happen today? :) Pammy
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Hi Pammy
    I started out very nervous but once I got into the swing of it, I had fun with the technicians, nurses and doctors. You will also get to know everyone in the waiting room because they will be there every day at the same time too and celebrate with them when they are done and welcome the new ones in. It was more of a social get together every day. After a while, I went to see my new friends and the radiation was like an afterthought. Use the creams, you will need them.
    Pat

Thanks Pat....
    I didn't even get a chance to see who was in the waiting room! The minute I walked through the door, my tech was standing there ready to take me back. And I was early!! Maybe as time goes by.....:) Pammy
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!
    So glad it went so well. Rads were pretty easy for me, too. Thank goodness. Isn't Xanax the greatest? I was like you, whooping it up at my BIOPSY before I was diagnosed. The nurses thought I was insane. Now you will fall into a routine and before you know it, we'll be celebrating the end of rads with you. Nice of hubby to take you out for the first day. Now, think about where you want to go when you graduate!!

As far as body washes go, I've heard good things about Aveeno. I use the Kiss My Face brand Pure Olive Oil bath bar. It has only three ingredients and it's wonderful; the only thing I'll use in the shower.

Hope it all goes as smoothly as it did today.

Mimi
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    mimivac said:

Woohoo!
    So glad it went so well. Rads were pretty easy for me, too. Thank goodness. Isn't Xanax the greatest? I was like you, whooping it up at my BIOPSY before I was diagnosed. The nurses thought I was insane. Now you will fall into a routine and before you know it, we'll be celebrating the end of rads with you. Nice of hubby to take you out for the first day. Now, think about where you want to go when you graduate!!

As far as body washes go, I've heard good things about Aveeno. I use the Kiss My Face brand Pure Olive Oil bath bar. It has only three ingredients and it's wonderful; the only thing I'll use in the shower.

Hope it all goes as smoothly as it did today.

Mimi

Thanks Mimi
    Yes...gotta love the xanax!! I am going to try the Aveeno. For some reason, just don't like the smell of the Dove? Might try your brand to, I like the idea if only 3 ingredients! :) Pammy
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks Mimi
    Yes...gotta love the xanax!! I am going to try the Aveeno. For some reason, just don't like the smell of the Dove? Might try your brand to, I like the idea if only 3 ingredients! :) Pammy

Pammy
    Well done Pammy. I'm glad all went well. It will be over before you know it. I graduate on Monday!!!

I agree with others...keep putting the cream on..even if your skin looks and feels good.

Take care.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks Mimi

Keep the product recommendations coming for us newbies!
    Just wanted to thank Claudia and Mimi for the product recommendations! I won't be doing radiation for a few months yet, but I've now put Aquaphor ointment, Aveeno body wash, and Kiss My Face Olive Oil bar on my drugstore.com list for future reference!

And I've always really disliked the smell of any Dove products, so Pammy, I'm with you on that one.

Traci
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Keep the product recommendations coming for us newbies!
    Just wanted to thank Claudia and Mimi for the product recommendations! I won't be doing radiation for a few months yet, but I've now put Aquaphor ointment, Aveeno body wash, and Kiss My Face Olive Oil bar on my drugstore.com list for future reference!

And I've always really disliked the smell of any Dove products, so Pammy, I'm with you on that one.

Traci

Products for Newbees.......
    My radiologist told me not to use anti persperant, only deoderant under that arm. She also told me to use Ivory soap and no other during rads. Anti persperant and perfumed soaps interfere with the radiation. She wrote prescriptions for XClair and Silver Sulfa-something. It comes in a little jar. These creams kept me from really getting sore. It looked awful, all red and raw, but the creams sure helped me.
    Pat
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks Pat....
    I didn't even get a chance to see who was in the waiting room! The minute I walked through the door, my tech was standing there ready to take me back. And I was early!! Maybe as time goes by.....:) Pammy

Mine experience was like
    Mine experience was like that. They seemed to always be ready even when I was early. The very few times I had to wait there was no other ladies waiting. The waiting areas are in the changing rooms and the only other people that were ever waiting were men and they were in their own waiting room. There was no common area. When I did rads in Sacramento years ago there were always lots of people waiting and it was nice to get to know them. But the techs at this facility were so friendly and funny. They were so nice that each week I would bring in a treat. We have a local bakery that does the best sweets so I would swing by and pick up something decadent and delicious.
    I used plain old Ivory soap for washing. But then I always have. Hope the Aveeno works or should I say smells better.
    After today it's 34. Yipee!!
    Stef
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Products for Newbees.......
    My radiologist told me not to use anti persperant, only deoderant under that arm. She also told me to use Ivory soap and no other during rads. Anti persperant and perfumed soaps interfere with the radiation. She wrote prescriptions for XClair and Silver Sulfa-something. It comes in a little jar. These creams kept me from really getting sore. It looked awful, all red and raw, but the creams sure helped me.
    Pat

Aveeno
    Just wondering if Soy in body lotions and washes is OK to use as Aveeno and several other items has it in it. Not sure if it can cause any problems. HUGS!! Cathy
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    cruf said:

Aveeno
    Just wondering if Soy in body lotions and washes is OK to use as Aveeno and several other items has it in it. Not sure if it can cause any problems. HUGS!! Cathy

Thats good question Cathy
    What I do when I get information from the topics here is I copy and paste it to a notepad document that I save on my desktop. that way everytime I go to the doctor I can print it out and ask my questions. I think I'll so that with this one since two different posts said that their Drs. recommended different things.

Being that I am Er+ i'm also concerned about soy now too.

I do thing same thing with qestions that I want to ask and websites that I don't want to lose.

Aurora
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options

Thats good question Cathy
    What I do when I get information from the topics here is I copy and paste it to a notepad document that I save on my desktop. that way everytime I go to the doctor I can print it out and ask my questions. I think I'll so that with this one since two different posts said that their Drs. recommended different things.

Being that I am Er+ i'm also concerned about soy now too.

I do thing same thing with qestions that I want to ask and websites that I don't want to lose.

Aurora

You are one organized woman!
    Wow, Aurora, what a good idea. I have a little pink book in which I laboriously write my questions. Copying and printing is a great idea. Lynn