Options
2»

Comments

• prv
    prv Member Posts: 107
    Options
    RE said:

different i believe
    Hi Margo, the way it was explained to me was that the ANC is ran to check ones white cell count to ensure that it is okay to continue with your chemo. When my count was too low I had to have the Nupagen shots to raise it up. I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you go to your appt. Get back to us and let us know how it goes.

Hugs,

RE

I heard that there is
    I heard that there is another marker also sometimes used CA27-29. I don't know how specific it is or what the values are.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Today
    I will revisit the markers with my oncologist with your information. Thanks so much, RE. Lynn
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Today
    I will revisit the markers with my oncologist with your information. Thanks so much, RE. Lynn

I have never heard of these
    I have never heard of these tests. Wonder if I should ask for them?
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much, dear RE
    Important information for all of us to be well aware of and understand.

Thanks, again. Very helpful.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Am enjoying your new pic - loving Grandma and pretty Ava! :-)
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    RE said:

thank you
    Thank you Cat I appreciate hearing your expierience. It is true as I state above that it is not for everyone, however we should know the tests exist so that we can get our onco's opinion on it. I wish you all the best and then some!!!

RE

aw thanks
    I wish all the best for you too! even though I am now hooked on Farkle, and now Word Drop......

=^..^=
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

aw thanks
    I wish all the best for you too! even though I am now hooked on Farkle, and now Word Drop......

=^..^=

LOL
    I am playing farkle right now in the pro mode, ahhhhh I AM HOOKED!!!
  • TDodds68
    TDodds68 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    RE said:

a bit more info
    If CA 15-3 is initially elevated, then it may be used to monitor treatment and, if repeated on a regular basis, to detect recurrence. CA 15-3 is usually not done when breast cancer is detected early, before it has metastasized, because levels will not be elevated in the majority of early cancers.

It does not mean you HAVE cancer again, the markers are used to alert your doc that there may be a problem so additional tests can be done. It is simply another tool available to alert us to a possible problem. Very early cancers are sometimes not detected by these tests.

CA 15-3
    RE just wondering Ovarian and breast cancer is rampant in my family also some colon and bone but the test they ran on us was a CA-125 which is how they found mine in the ER it was 2838 so they did a CT scan and found it. Luckily after surgery and 3 rounds of chemo it is down to 8 now. They think my mom now has breast and/or colon cancer and are running test for her. Just wondering if you knew if the CA-125 is the same type of test as the CA 15-3 they did on you?
  • TDodds68
    TDodds68 Member Posts: 29
    Options

Thanks very much, dear RE
    Important information for all of us to be well aware of and understand.

Thanks, again. Very helpful.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Am enjoying your new pic - loving Grandma and pretty Ava! :-)

CA 15-3
    RE just wondering Ovarian and breast cancer is rampant in my family also some colon and bone but the test they ran on us was a CA-125 which is how they found mine in the ER it was 2838 so they did a CT scan and found it. Luckily after surgery and 3 rounds of chemo it is down to 8 now. They think my mom now has breast and/or colon cancer and are running test for her. Just wondering if you knew if the CA-125 is the same type of test as the CA 15-3 they did on you?

Sorry replied to comment closer to top and it put it up in a different day so I thought I needed to post it near the bottom for todays post. Sorry for double post it wouldn't let me delete the other.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    TDodds68 said:

CA 15-3

Sorry replied to comment closer to top and it put it up in a different day so I thought I needed to post it near the bottom for todays post. Sorry for double post it wouldn't let me delete the other.

CA 125
    I lost my mom to ovarian cancer and prior to my hysterectomy they used to run that one on me, now they do not. From what I understand it is quite similar to the other two, it just centers more on ovarian cancer. I would pose this question to your doctor for a more detailed explanation than I can give me.

My best to you and your family....beautiful picture by the way. Oh and don't worry about double posting we all do it from time to time.

RE
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    RE said:

CA 125
    I lost my mom to ovarian cancer and prior to my hysterectomy they used to run that one on me, now they do not. From what I understand it is quite similar to the other two, it just centers more on ovarian cancer. I would pose this question to your doctor for a more detailed explanation than I can give me.

My best to you and your family....beautiful picture by the way. Oh and don't worry about double posting we all do it from time to time.

RE

I think I will at least ask
    I think I will at least ask about this test. Thanks for the info Re.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

My oncologist
    My oncologist runs a test called ANC which tells them if your chemo treatment is working. RE, Is this the same or something different?

I see my oncologist on tomorrow for my last chemo treatment so I will also ask her if she runs the other test as well.

Margo

I forgot
    I forgot to ask because I forgot to write it down. If I don't write it down at the moment it is in my head then it doesn't get written down and does get forgotten.

Margo