Options
2»

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    RE said:

OH MY GOODNESS!!!
    Ok you aren't gonna believe this one. I showed up at my appointment with my list of questions in hand and it was the wrong day!!! It was not my fault they had written the wrong day on my appt. card. So, I will have to wait till next week to pose my concerns. Now that said, I did get back my blood work results and my cancer marker CA 15-3 was 20 (normal is anything below 31.3) so it was good! :-) There are a few areas that show abnormal numbers for non cancer related issues so I will address those with my onco next week.

Thank you all for all your positive posts,

RE

Good Blood Test Results
    Hi, RE, glad to hear that you got the bloodwork results, anyway, and that they were good. Like Mimi wrote, I hope the staff was properly apologetic.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Also thanks for the CA information. Like Lynn, I also will ask my onc. for the cancer marker test.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    RE said:

YES YES YES AND YES!
    Lynn tell him/her you want the tests run for your peace of mind.

CA 15-3 antigen levels are most commonly elevated in breast cancer, ovarian, lung, colorectal, and pancreatic. The "safe" margin is anything below 31.3.

CEA looks for elevated protein levels and is for the same cancers as listed above. The "safe" margins are anything between 0.1 - 4.9 (mine was 0.0 :-D).

Hugs,

RE

Glad to hear the good news. Gesh....bummer about the mix up in days. To err is human. If they do it again....kick them in the butt!! By the way, LOVE the new pic. Just look at that smile!! :) Pammy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Good Blood Test Results
    Hi, RE, glad to hear that you got the bloodwork results, anyway, and that they were good. Like Mimi wrote, I hope the staff was properly apologetic.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Also thanks for the CA information. Like Lynn, I also will ask my onc. for the cancer marker test.

Congrats on the blood test
    Congrats on the blood test results RE! But, sorry that they mixed you up on the day.

I have never heard of that test RE.

Good luck to you at your next appointment!
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    OMGosh
    RE,
    I made a note to myself to send you well wishes & add you to the top of my prayers for tonight thinking your appt was tomorrow...because when I looked at Jeanne's original post it said 12:47 and didn't see the am so I assumed the post was today talking about tomorrow's appointment. Duhhh!

Anyway, popped in to send you thoughts for tomorrow! Looks like it can wait until next week now :-) Glad to hear about your markers - and thanks for the explanation in your other post. You are a wealth of knowledge & insight and many of your posts have been so helpful to me, thank you.