Anyone Else Having Trouble On The Site?

Options
Jeanne D
Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Please don't let it just be me! lol I have been having trouble on this site lately and I am hoping it isn't just me or my computer. Here is what has been happening:

1. Sometimes it is soooooooooo slow that it seems to take forever to post

2. My postings show up 2 times lol ( and, once is enough )

3. Sometimes, I have to refresh as the site just goes offline

4. It just lags a lot!

Ok, anyone else? And, if noone else then I am throwing this puter out the window..NOW

Love you,

Jeanne

p.s. And, if I do throw the puter out, you will miss me, right? lol

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Yes Jeanne we would miss you!
    please don't throw your puter out the window. I know sometimes i will write a long post and then if i go back to correct a sp. mistake it all wipes out. It is so frustrating, and sometimes when it is taking to long i hit the button again and i get 2 replies. It seems to be getting a little better lately though.
    hugs, jackie
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    comp having a bad day
    yes we would miss u slow are not hang in there
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Nope
    It's just you! Paranoid yet?...

I've had a few problems too especially in the chat room, where it's a regular occurance to get booted out.. sometimes we all get booted, then it takes an age to get back in.

And Yes, we would miss ya!!!!!

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • rjjj
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Nope

I've had a few problems too especially in the chat room, where it's a regular occurance to get booted out.. sometimes we all get booted, then it takes an age to get back in.

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tash
    I can never get into the chat room and i have downloaded java wonder whats up with that. I got on once about 3 months ago, and nobody was on.
    hugs, jackie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Tash
    I can never get into the chat room and i have downloaded java wonder whats up with that. I got on once about 3 months ago, and nobody was on.
    hugs, jackie

I have trouble too and I
    I have trouble too and I always have trouble getting into the chat room. Normally, it just won't load and I have the latest java too Jackie.

Guess we could bring this up at the conference meeting. Maybe their server is overloaded or something.

And, don't go Jeanne! We would miss you!

Hugs, Noel
  • rjjj
    Options
    Noel said:

I have trouble too and I
    I have trouble too and I always have trouble getting into the chat room. Normally, it just won't load and I have the latest java too Jackie.

Guess we could bring this up at the conference meeting. Maybe their server is overloaded or something.

And, don't go Jeanne! We would miss you!

Hugs, Noel

Good Idea
    That is a really good idea Noel, and we should plan what else to bring up at the conference meeting as well? any suggestions anyone?
    hugs, jackie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    rjjj said:

Good Idea
    That is a really good idea Noel, and we should plan what else to bring up at the conference meeting as well? any suggestions anyone?
    hugs, jackie

No, do NOT leave Jeanne. It
    No, do NOT leave Jeanne. It isn't just you or your computer. I have lag bad sometimes and other times no problem. I think it must just be the sight. Not for sure what the problem is. And, I think that should be brought up at the meeting for sure. They should know about the lag and the chat room trouble. I wouldn't mind seeing a separate discussion thread for men with bc. I think they might be able to better relate to other men with bc, rather than women. Cause on the home page, they actually have that, a separate area for men with bc apart from the women. I am sure we will think of other stuff too.

Lex :)
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    STOP!!!
    Don't even think about it!! This is just Gods way of teaching us patience (which I think we are not getting it, so he keeps trying!). I am having the lagging too alot lately. I keep thinking that maybe I need to dump some files on my computer, but son says not the problem....site is the problem. So, who would like to be secretary and write down our concerns that will be at the conference call? We only have an hour and you know how fast that will go by!! Someone should start a list!! Volunteer? Anyone? :) Pammy
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Viruses
    You might want to take your puter and have a clean up done on it. Mine was acting like that and I had a million viruses that I didn't know about. Its no biggie but it can harm your puter if not cleaned up. Try this before you throw it out the wondow. LOL

Just a thought
    Jadie<3
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    oh good! I am the type who
    oh good! I am the type who always assumes everything is my fault~so, unless I am extremely far-reaching in jinxing, your problems with the site are just that~ problems with the site! LOL In explaining the premise of a movie the other day, I think it posted 3 or 4 times! And yet, when I think I am being helpful and perhaps even poignant, when I hit "submit", presto-bingo, it disappears altogether!

It is frustrating, and actually a time waster, isn't it? Who I really feel for though are the new posters. Can you even imagine finding this site, taking the time to compose, only to have your fears/concers dissolve into cyber-space?

I dunno what the trouble is, or how it can be remedied, but I hope it gets fixed, regardless!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

oh good! I am the type who
    oh good! I am the type who always assumes everything is my fault~so, unless I am extremely far-reaching in jinxing, your problems with the site are just that~ problems with the site! LOL In explaining the premise of a movie the other day, I think it posted 3 or 4 times! And yet, when I think I am being helpful and perhaps even poignant, when I hit "submit", presto-bingo, it disappears altogether!

It is frustrating, and actually a time waster, isn't it? Who I really feel for though are the new posters. Can you even imagine finding this site, taking the time to compose, only to have your fears/concers dissolve into cyber-space?

I dunno what the trouble is, or how it can be remedied, but I hope it gets fixed, regardless!

Hugs,
    Claudia

STAY
    Looks like most of us have some problem on the site. My main thing is that sometimes when I post, it seems to take forever. But, I think it is just the site. I don't have any problem anywhere else.

So DO NOT leave! We need you Jeanne!

Hugs, Kristin
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I'm not doing a lot of
    I'm not doing a lot of posting until I get a mouse hooked to this computer. It's a laptop and using that finger deal is awful. It keeps clicking when I don't want it to.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Nope

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can very seldom get into
    I can very seldom get into the chat room and sometimes the site seems slow. I thought it was just me. So, glad to know it isn't.

And, you can't leave Jeanne! We would all miss you!

Hugs, Diane
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    I think I found my problem....Well, maybe lol
    It seems that I didn't have an updated flash player, so, I downloaded the

current, newest one and it seems much better now. So hopefully, that was the only problem.

I also contacted my computer tech and he reminded me AGAIN, that with dial-up, that my

connection is always going to be slow. Part of the pain of living in the country :(

Love you all, and, I am staying! So, get used to me! Oh, guess you already are! :)

xo Jeanne xo
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

I think I found my problem....Well, maybe lol
    It seems that I didn't have an updated flash player, so, I downloaded the

current, newest one and it seems much better now. So hopefully, that was the only problem.

I also contacted my computer tech and he reminded me AGAIN, that with dial-up, that my

connection is always going to be slow. Part of the pain of living in the country :(

Love you all, and, I am staying! So, get used to me! Oh, guess you already are! :)

xo Jeanne xo

Glad you found out the
    Glad you found out the problem Jeanne. I hope that was it.

I tried getting in the chat room tonight and no deal. They really need to fix that. I hope someone does bring that up at the conference.

Hugs, Lex
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Glad you found out the
    Glad you found out the problem Jeanne. I hope that was it.

I tried getting in the chat room tonight and no deal. They really need to fix that. I hope someone does bring that up at the conference.

Hugs, Lex

Sometimes it is slow on this
    Sometimes it is slow on this site, but, other times, it is ok. I think there is something going on with the servers here. It seems to be worse during the day. No problem at night!

Hope your puter is ok now Jeanne D.

Leeza