Biggest loser contestants...

Options
Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
chenheart,cats_toy,eil4186,marcia527,fauxma,greeneyedgirl,rjjj,phoenixrising,elm3544,lolad,4slurpee,akiss4me(that's me!!).....
The contest has officially begun today!! So, therefore, we must all hop on our little scales (and they are little next to our BIG bodies!!) and weigh ourselves. Shhhh.....no telling though (unless you want to) but remember your starting weight.
Every Sunday we will check in (I'll prompt you) and report either a gain or (hopefully) loss. We only need to give that number. Example: I GAINED 2 lbs (now you know this will probably be my first post!!).
There are no rules as to how we lose it. Each to their own method you find works.
We'll check in here & there during the week to encourage each other.
The goal is to lose 10lbs in six weeks. However, the main goal is to be the BIGGEST LOSER. So if you need to lose more than that....you may be the biggest loser.
I'll update you all on who is first, second, etc.
We can even give a personal challange to anyone competing. These can only be weekly challanges though.
Good luck everyone and I apologize in advance for taking the title and being "the BIGGEST LOSER"!!! :) Pammy

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    I love that we are doing
    I love that we are doing this as a joint effort. And I like that we will only tell our losses, gains not starting weight. I am not happy about mine and I would rather just tell you all the great losses I will have. I will say I have an unfair advantage because I need to lose so much. I remember how hard the last 10 can be so my hat's already off to those that have less to lose. It's a harder struggle.
    Game on.
    Stef
  • 4slurpee
    4slurpee Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Woo hoo!
    Thanks for starting this contest! I just hope my losses outweigh my gains (every pun intended) :-) Good luck everyone. I guess I should give away that bread pudding I made last night!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    4slurpee said:

Woo hoo!
    Thanks for starting this contest! I just hope my losses outweigh my gains (every pun intended) :-) Good luck everyone. I guess I should give away that bread pudding I made last night!

4slurpee
    I love your pic, you have a georgeous smile. I am excited hoping to lose a little (or a lot) haha. but guess i'll take it one day at a time.

sisters, this is a big problem for me i would appreciate suggestions, my back hurts when i walk to far. It never used to but i am lopsided now (L-sided mast.) I want to walk but have neck and back pain. I would like to have masectomy on the r side also for this fact and maybe reconstruction.

Oh well i'm off to eat my special K.
    jackie
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    rjjj said:

4slurpee
    I love your pic, you have a georgeous smile. I am excited hoping to lose a little (or a lot) haha. but guess i'll take it one day at a time.

sisters, this is a big problem for me i would appreciate suggestions, my back hurts when i walk to far. It never used to but i am lopsided now (L-sided mast.) I want to walk but have neck and back pain. I would like to have masectomy on the r side also for this fact and maybe reconstruction.

Oh well i'm off to eat my special K.
    jackie

It's begun!
    And i am happy to report that since my sister arrived on the 12th I have not gained anything (and we have eaten our way all over the city). I tasted, and enjoyed but didn't over do it. So, here we go girls! I will be away from my own scale for 10 days when in phoenix visiting her home. You all have encouraged me greatly!
    M
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    4slurpee said:

Woo hoo!

Ummm...
    I wouldn't mind if you sent it my way!! I haven't had bread pudding in 20 years!! Darn....I'm gonna lose for sure if I keep up this attitude. OK, I'll go have my plain salad with ginger dressing (as she lowers her head and walks slowly out of the room...). :) Pammy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Biggest Losers
    Ok...just in case you are in danger of being arrested for copyright infringement or some such thing, let's call it the Greatest Losers! Or the Utmost Losers, or the Warrior-Losers, or The KS Losers ( Kindred Spirit) Or Pammy's Losers...the posibilities are endless! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Biggest Loser
    Ladies...Good luck to all of you. I wanted to share a website, dlife.com. It is a diabetic website, it has great recepies and it tells you the number of calories, carbs, sodium, fat etc.,in all the recepies and ingredients. During chemo I gained weight and on top of that I ended up with heart problems so I have to follow a very low sodium, low carbs and low fat diet. The recepies that I have tried have been tasty and easy to make, I have dropped 57lbs since Feb. Per my MD, no more than 1800 (the most I've eaten in a day is 1300 and it was lots of food )calories per day (might be 2000 some you), keep a diary of what you eat, plus the total of daily calories.

Patty
  • chenheart
    Options
    ninjamom said:

Biggest Loser
    Ladies...Good luck to all of you. I wanted to share a website, dlife.com. It is a diabetic website, it has great recepies and it tells you the number of calories, carbs, sodium, fat etc.,in all the recepies and ingredients. During chemo I gained weight and on top of that I ended up with heart problems so I have to follow a very low sodium, low carbs and low fat diet. The recepies that I have tried have been tasty and easy to make, I have dropped 57lbs since Feb. Per my MD, no more than 1800 (the most I've eaten in a day is 1300 and it was lots of food )calories per day (might be 2000 some you), keep a diary of what you eat, plus the total of daily calories.

Patty

NINJA!!!!! How wonderful to
    NINJA!!!!! How wonderful to see a post from you and your smiling face! Thanks for the tip, and ya know~ you have made my day! I have missed you!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • ninjamom
    Options
    chenheart said:

NINJA!!!!! How wonderful to
    NINJA!!!!! How wonderful to see a post from you and your smiling face! Thanks for the tip, and ya know~ you have made my day! I have missed you!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Hi
    Hi Claudia

I know it has been a while but believe me I check this site at least once per week. I have missed posting and I have tried but I get emotional and very tired. Have you heard from JoyceLouise? I want to invite her to a fashion show/afternoon desserts my family is hosting to benefit ACS Relay For Life.

By the way, I read your card every day and I have the shoe in my sewing room.

Patty
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    chenheart said:

Biggest Losers
    Ok...just in case you are in danger of being arrested for copyright infringement or some such thing, let's call it the Greatest Losers! Or the Utmost Losers, or the Warrior-Losers, or The KS Losers ( Kindred Spirit) Or Pammy's Losers...the posibilities are endless! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia

Yikes....
    What would we do without you, Claudia? Forever watching over us!! My husband says the only one allowed to handcuff me is him? Gesh...what were you all thinking? He is a policeman!! Well, detective actually. Anyways...new name....Greatest losers it is!! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go change the silver plate on my trophy......:) Pammy
  • chenheart
    Options
    ninjamom said:

Hi
    Hi Claudia

I know it has been a while but believe me I check this site at least once per week. I have missed posting and I have tried but I get emotional and very tired. Have you heard from JoyceLouise? I want to invite her to a fashion show/afternoon desserts my family is hosting to benefit ACS Relay For Life.

By the way, I read your card every day and I have the shoe in my sewing room.

Patty

Awwww..the card and shoe~
    Awwww..the card and shoe~ you are a darling woman, you know that?

It has been MONTHS since JoyceLouise posted in here; she has , it seems, weaned herself 100% from the site! The last time she posted she said she was back in school, and that along with work and family was pretty much taking up all of her time.

I have her personal email address if you don't, as well as her phone number. I remembered her last name from the holiday exchange list, and ta-da! She has a listed phone number! So, let me know if you want that; just email me here at the site, and I will forward the info to you.

Even if you are not posting, I am so happy to know that you come in and read. (((HUGS)))

Claudia
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    For the winner
    I volunteer to send a nice pretty home made awareness bracelet, a pair of earrings or a necklace of your choice as a prize! Good luck everyone!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Losing
    Well, my personal trainer weighed me and took my body fat measurements at the gym last Saturday. My weight in pounds is right where it should be. However, my body fat percentage is over 29%, which is in the "fair," almost "poor" category. I blame chemo. It sucks your muscle away and leaves the fat. So, can I join, except that I want to gain muscle and lose fat, though not necessarily lose weight? Great idea, Pammy!

PS. Good to hear from you, Ninjamom. And I miss JoyceLouise, too. I know she's busy, but maybe she can just pop in an say hello one of these days.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Ah, my husband bought a box
    Ah, my husband bought a box of cookies (the chewy kind) and I ate two before I saw this posting. Bad start for me. What if we gain on this contest? Is there a booby prize?

I just weighed and I'm four pounds heavier than this morning!! I'm going to have to zip my mouth shut. :Z
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    elm3544 said:

For the winner
    I volunteer to send a nice pretty home made awareness bracelet, a pair of earrings or a necklace of your choice as a prize! Good luck everyone!

Wow....nice offer!!
    OK, now I am definately going to win. I LOVE prizes!!!. Don't mind having to work for them....then they seem to be worth all that much more. Thank you so much for this offer. What do you think ladies, huh? A little incentative goes a long way!! :) Pammy
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing well with the diet yet
    Today is someones birthday in the office, and since she doesn't drink, we bought three Marie Calendar pies, someone brought in pasta salad, two different flavors of hummus and crackers. I need to start all over again tomorrow.

=^..^=
  • chenheart
    Options
    Not Officially in the contest anymore
    So far so good....am only eating fruits and water for b'fast and lunch~ a small snack-sized salad from my garden 4 a mid-day snack, and fish and veggies for dinner. I don't have a sweet tooth, I can't even remember the last time we had dessert here at the house cuz I never even think of them, so that's no problem, thankfully! It's just the wine thats gonna do me in, I'm sure of it! And come to think of it, I am officially removing myself from the contest, though I will keep up with all of you for the 6 weeks and do the healthy eating too!!. Cuz one more thing I don't have? A Scale! LOL I only know what I weigh every 6 months when I do my onco visit , and he tells me if I have lost or gained since the last time I saw him. So...being that I don't know what my starting weight is, well, that kinda defeats the whole 10 pound thing! Sheesh!!!!

But I'm still doing it with all of you!!! And I will find out in 6 weeks, when I see my Dr, if he is surprised and happy with me!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • ninjamom
    Options
    I also won't be in the
    I also won't be in the contest but will be following your progress...and sharing any new low fat, low carb recepies I come accross.

Today, for me........BAAAAAAD found out I can have a coconut macaroon once in a while and had 3!!! I guess I needed to make up for the last 6 months LOL.

Good luck ladies !!