Options
2»

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

So sorry Linda. I have no
    So sorry Linda. I have no idea what it must feel like to lose your hair. But, I know it must be awful. But, it will come back. Just focus on treating and getting rid of the cancer now, and, once that is done, your hair will come back and you will feel better!

Hugs

Hi Linda, I am waiting for
    Hi Linda, I am waiting for mine to fall out anytime now. I still have it, I go for my second treatment tomorrow. I am not looking forward to this at all, but I am prepared. Hang in there, your not alone.
  • Lakegirl
    Lakegirl Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Hi Linda, I am waiting for
    Hi Linda, I am waiting for mine to fall out anytime now. I still have it, I go for my second treatment tomorrow. I am not looking forward to this at all, but I am prepared. Hang in there, your not alone.

Hair loss
    I get my pathology results tomorrow. I know I will have to have chemo & radition. Can you tell me how the chemo has been? Can you work (which I planned to do)? Can you wear a wig and go to work as normal.

Thanks, Robin
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    ohilly said:

thanks
    Thanks for the kind words, Stef. I think people on this board thought I was crazy for a while. But it just took me time to adjust to my 'new normal.'

Ohilly

Ohilly, noone thought you
    Ohilly, noone thought you were crazy. Never! Like you said yourself, you had to adjust to the "new normal" of you. We all have to adjust to different things after bc. Losing ones hair, scars, no breasts, burns, rad tan lines, swelling, lots of stuff.

And, I was glad to read that you are on an antidepressant and that it works. I am going to read up on it. Any side effects that you don't like?
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Lakegirl said:

Hair loss
    I get my pathology results tomorrow. I know I will have to have chemo & radition. Can you tell me how the chemo has been? Can you work (which I planned to do)? Can you wear a wig and go to work as normal.

Thanks, Robin

Chemo and work
    We all react differently to chemo and it depends on the type of drugs you are getting. It was doable for me and I still worked. I took 1/2 day off the morning of chemo and then was at work in the afternoon. I did not have any nausea during my treatments.

I did not wear a wig and only wore a baseball cap occasionally.

I did not have radiation so I don't know how that is.

Margo