Comments

• elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    susie09 said:

How are you doing now Elm?

How are you doing now Elm?

Today and this evening I am
    Tired, irratable and the bones are already aching! Same thing as last week! Glad to get off the steroids, three days is enough. Decided I will probably stay home from work 2 weeks instead of trying to go back too soon again like last time. What a mistake that was! My mom is coming from California for a week, unfortunately not till next Tuesday.
    Thanks everyone for all the concern and kind words. It means alot to me!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    elm3544 said:

Today and this evening I am
    Tired, irratable and the bones are already aching! Same thing as last week! Glad to get off the steroids, three days is enough. Decided I will probably stay home from work 2 weeks instead of trying to go back too soon again like last time. What a mistake that was! My mom is coming from California for a week, unfortunately not till next Tuesday.
    Thanks everyone for all the concern and kind words. It means alot to me!

Sorry Elm that you still
    Sorry Elm that you still aren't feeling well. Glad you are off the steroids!

And if you can, yes, stay home from work. You have a lot on your plate now to take care of.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing when you can.

Hugs, Noel
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Port
    I had the port inserted on Monday and had my first chemo on Friday. I didn't like the idea of the port in because it felt and looked a bit strange, but am glad now I had it. I had taxotere and carboplaten and she gave me anti nausea drip before the chemo and then the pills for the next three days. Worked wonders. The only time I got nauseous and threw up was after the last chemo. I think it was a combination of fear of it being over, glad it was over, and fear of rads to come. I hope too you are sleeping now, rest is the best medicine. Let us know when you get the port. I had it done under twilight sleep and felt nothing.
    Pat

today-
    The bone and body aches are starting to really kick in tonight! I think I had already almost forgot what it was like just a couple of weeks ago...Still nauseous, can't seem to shake it. Guess it gets more intense each time? Very tired as well. Still have my lovely shaved hair! Some "other" hair has been coming out and I don't feel the need to shave my legs, which is pretty nice. Jane- good luck to you, I hope your experience is better! Thank you all for your advice and concern you are the best!
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    elm3544 said:

today-
    The bone and body aches are starting to really kick in tonight! I think I had already almost forgot what it was like just a couple of weeks ago...Still nauseous, can't seem to shake it. Guess it gets more intense each time? Very tired as well. Still have my lovely shaved hair! Some "other" hair has been coming out and I don't feel the need to shave my legs, which is pretty nice. Jane- good luck to you, I hope your experience is better! Thank you all for your advice and concern you are the best!

Elm
    I'm so glad your Mum is coming. It will help a lot. Hope you get on better with her there to help you. Port is a great idea also, I had a pic, but it failed just before the last treatment so I had to have an IV,,Man what a drama that was, they had to offer me Hawaiian Cocktails with extra vodka on a hot beach!
    Anyway, Good luck and happy times to come. Hugs Jxxxxxxxx
  • rodripa9
    rodripa9 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Elm
    I'm so glad your Mum is coming. It will help a lot. Hope you get on better with her there to help you. Port is a great idea also, I had a pic, but it failed just before the last treatment so I had to have an IV,,Man what a drama that was, they had to offer me Hawaiian Cocktails with extra vodka on a hot beach!
    Anyway, Good luck and happy times to come. Hugs Jxxxxxxxx

Thank Elm
    Hi Elm! My sister is getting her port in this afternoon and I've been worried that for 4 treatments it wasn't going to be worth it. I'm so glad you posted this discussion, I feel at ease now. I'm not glad you've gone through so much and on top of that you have to deal w/Chemo! I wish you the very best, good luck!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    rodripa9 said:

Thank Elm
    Hi Elm! My sister is getting her port in this afternoon and I've been worried that for 4 treatments it wasn't going to be worth it. I'm so glad you posted this discussion, I feel at ease now. I'm not glad you've gone through so much and on top of that you have to deal w/Chemo! I wish you the very best, good luck!

Wishing your sister good
    Wishing your sister good luck rodripa9! Hope she does ok with the port and chemo.